First-person dreams

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First-person dreams

Post by tbsmilesbig on Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:53 pm

So, I've noticed something lately. Sometimes my dreams are in the first person, while other times I'm watching someone else play out actions in my dream. My question is, does that mean I am dreaming about another person or am I being represented in the dream by someone else? I've had symbolic dreams for several years now and just made this observation as being significant the other day.

Thoughts??

tbsmilesbig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First-person dreams

Post by Shan on Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:18 pm

Hi tbsmilesbig,

I have no answer for you but wanted to share something along the same line. I almost ALWAYS dream in the first person. I listened to another teaching about dreams and it talks about intrinsic (first person) and extrinsic (third person) dreams. I've wondered why I have so many about myself. I can recall one prophetic dream I had about a friend of mine getting a job. I was watching it play out as if I was watching t.v. It wasn't even my friend who was in the dream, but rather a homeless man. I woke up and told her that she would be getting the job, which she did. Other than that, I can't recall any dreams where I was not in my dream in some form or fashion. I will be interested to see what others post that may help me as well. Thanks for posting this!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:04 am

Just so I understand...By 1st and 3rd person, do you mean that in the 1st person dreams, you're directly involved somehow vs 3rd person where you're watching you (separate from your viewpoint) do something?

Like Shan, almost all of my dreams have me directly involved. In the exceptions, I'm usually watching a movie scene of whatever the topic of the dream is.

More direct to your question, I have had dreams where I interacted with someone who represented me. For example, in one dream I expressed my concern with what my brother was about to eat. My brother actually represented me while I was in a period where I had let my good nutrition habits start to slip....

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tbsmilesbig on Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:22 am

TheWhiteShadow wrote:Like Shan, almost all of my dreams have me directly involved. In the exceptions, I'm usually watching a movie scene of whatever the topic of the dream is

This is exactly what I mean. So, in the case of watching a "movie-like scene" am I dreaming of another person or some aspect of myself?

tbsmilesbig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:37 am

Yes. :)

In my movie dreams, someone else represented me. One in particular was prophetic for something that happened the next day.

I have a friend, however, who has had movie dreams that were about other people.

Some others have had movie/T.V.-type dreams about world events.

So it all depends on what's going on in the context of the dream. Does it line up with your life? Then, it's probably about you. Does it absolutely not fit you at all? Probably someone you know.

Hope that helps!
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tbsmilesbig on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:34 am

So, it just hit me this morning: why do we sometimes dream in the first person and then other times God decides to show us our lives through the third person? It may not be important to know the answer to this, but it's on my mind.

Thanks all!!

tbsmilesbig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tbsmilesbig on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:49 am

In other words, is there specific significance in first person versus third person dreams?

tbsmilesbig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:40 pm

hmmm im not sure i fully get ur terminology, ,,,,not that i can boast, ,, um ive had drme wer im watchg miself ona movy screen aswell as being in da movy at tha same time, ,,so i think in those events its about us gettg the message cleary, and having perspektive 2 see ,, so seeing things fully, from within an without, hope this helps, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, D,,,,,gettg his portrait dun,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tbsmilesbig on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:49 pm

dreamster wrote:,, um ive had drme wer im watchg miself ona movy screen aswell as being in da movy at tha same time, ,,so i think in those events its about us gettg the message cleary, and having perspektive 2 see ,,

I hear what you are saying D, but in the third person dreams I'm talking about there are other people in the dreams and I'm watching them - I'm always telling them what to do in my mind as I'm watching them like I do when I watch real movies, but of course they can't hear me. laugh Mark's comment about seeing if things line up between the dream and IRL struck a cord; that totally makes sense when I look back on the dreams I've had "starring" another person. I was being represented by that person. So, my question is what is the significance of me being a different person, especially if I don't know the person that's supposed to be me in the dream? Does all that make sense? Phew, that was a mouth full!! rofl

Last edited by tbsmilesbig on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)

tbsmilesbig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tbsmilesbig on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:52 pm

I think I know the answer to my last question!! God is giving me a different perspective. I mentioned I am telling the people in my dreams what to do in my mind because I am an outside observer; it's always easier to give others advice over yourself!! Wow, thanks, Lord!! huggins

tbsmilesbig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tbsmilesbig on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:53 pm

And thanks to you all for letting me process out loud!!! thumbs

tbsmilesbig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:55 pm

oh mi,, im not sure ive had onea those kinda drms, ,,hard enuff figureing me as normal Deestar, in mi drms lol!,,but i get u big ,,,altho i think u hit on the answer,, like wen u watcha movy, u tell da person wat they shood be doin,, so its likely that ur supposed 2 getta message loud an clear, ,,,,, D,,has selective hearing,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tbsmilesbig on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:40 pm

rofl LOL. I think we ALL have selective hearing at times, D!!

tbsmilesbig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:55 pm

:lol!:yep well u herd here first ,,,,,,,,,,,, D,,,,,,,i caaaaaaannt hearrrrrrrrrrrr u,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:14 pm

Ok, so hilarious. That is interesting about the 1st and third person dreaming. Food for thought about actually being in the fulfillment of the dream as opposed to having knowledge only...HMmm, I have to go back over some dreams, based on that information. I guess I never gave it conscious thought...I just take my dreams, all of them, for granted. Having to analyze them is a challenge, and sometimes, they are so symbolic, I need a V8 to unravel them!

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tbsmilesbig on Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:29 am

HisLightbeam wrote:Having to analyze them is a challenge, and sometimes, they are so symbolic, I need a V8 to unravel them!

LOL. That's too funny, HLbeam! I was totally getting frustrated with trying to figure out what God was attempting to show me in my dreams a few weeks ago. I had to step back, let the dreams soak in and not really think about them. I've been keeping a journal for about seven years now, and just started to really understand what some of the meanings were - I had a habit of over-analyzing my dreams and putting a spiritual slant to them.

God is good to show us the truth... all in His timing, of course! :hooray:

tbsmilesbig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:27 pm

:lol!:mustang salley beam,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:07 am