What does it mean to dream that someone dies?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What does it mean to dream that someone dies?

Post by Stephanie444 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:55 am

Hi.

I was wondering if someone could help me out with what it means to dream of someone's death. For a long time, I've had quite a few dreams about people dying: friends, family, aquaintances, world figures, children, babies ... etc. I probably cannot count on both hands the number of people who I've dreamed died.

Often, it's about an unbeliever which I take as a warning to pray for them. Some of them have been recurring (not the same dream, but different dreams about the same person dying) and the person who I had the dream about many times over many years eventually did die (it was kind of inevitable, though). I dreamed a handful of times each about two disabled children who I know dying. Once I had a dream that one of the students at the school I taught at who is from a strong Christian family died, and a couple of weeks later another student in the same class, also from a Christian family, died.

In general, though, what do these dreams mean? Last night I dreamed of the death of a well-known Christian who has an awesome ministry. I dreamed I was reading an article on the internet that said he had put his head down to rest at 10:45 AM and died. He's an old man, but seems to be going really strong and in good health so it was still a surprise. At first I was really sad, but then I reminded myself, "Just think of the reward he'll get in heaven!"

Do you think these dreams in general are a call to pray? Or are they necessarily prophetic?

Thanks for the help!

Stephanie444

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What does it mean to dream that someone dies?

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:53 am

Death in dreams does not necessarily mean a physical one. This could mean a change in the lives. Like going from one part of their life to another. The death of a situation or the death of an idea. I would pray for them but just trust that the Lord is with each one guiding them throughout their life. See my signature verse.

I pray this helps for discernment. These are just my thoughts not an interpretation.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie444 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:01 am

Well, my death dreams NEVER have a positive feeling to them. I always wake up sad, scared, or at least a little disturbed. I'm pretty sure for my dreams, death is a negative thing.

I don't think that they always mean the person is literally going to die - but they can, like in a couple of cases I mentioned. I think they at least mean the person is in some kind of physical or spiritual danger. It's hard to say when they're about people I don't have contact with.

Anyone else have these kinds of dreams? How did they manifest?

Stephanie444

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:36 am

I understand. Remember that people in dreams don't always represent themselves. It never hurts to pray for them! I wish I could be of more help.

Love in Jesus,

Connie huggins

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top