What does it mean to dream that someone dies?

Go down

What does it mean to dream that someone dies?

Post by Stephanie444 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:55 am

Hi.

I was wondering if someone could help me out with what it means to dream of someone's death. For a long time, I've had quite a few dreams about people dying: friends, family, aquaintances, world figures, children, babies ... etc. I probably cannot count on both hands the number of people who I've dreamed died.

Often, it's about an unbeliever which I take as a warning to pray for them. Some of them have been recurring (not the same dream, but different dreams about the same person dying) and the person who I had the dream about many times over many years eventually did die (it was kind of inevitable, though). I dreamed a handful of times each about two disabled children who I know dying. Once I had a dream that one of the students at the school I taught at who is from a strong Christian family died, and a couple of weeks later another student in the same class, also from a Christian family, died.

In general, though, what do these dreams mean? Last night I dreamed of the death of a well-known Christian who has an awesome ministry. I dreamed I was reading an article on the internet that said he had put his head down to rest at 10:45 AM and died. He's an old man, but seems to be going really strong and in good health so it was still a surprise. At first I was really sad, but then I reminded myself, "Just think of the reward he'll get in heaven!"

Do you think these dreams in general are a call to pray? Or are they necessarily prophetic?

Thanks for the help!

Stephanie444

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What does it mean to dream that someone dies?

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:53 am

Death in dreams does not necessarily mean a physical one. This could mean a change in the lives. Like going from one part of their life to another. The death of a situation or the death of an idea. I would pray for them but just trust that the Lord is with each one guiding them throughout their life. See my signature verse.

I pray this helps for discernment. These are just my thoughts not an interpretation.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6
Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie444 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:01 am

Well, my death dreams NEVER have a positive feeling to them. I always wake up sad, scared, or at least a little disturbed. I'm pretty sure for my dreams, death is a negative thing.

I don't think that they always mean the person is literally going to die - but they can, like in a couple of cases I mentioned. I think they at least mean the person is in some kind of physical or spiritual danger. It's hard to say when they're about people I don't have contact with.

Anyone else have these kinds of dreams? How did they manifest?

Stephanie444

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:36 am

I understand. Remember that people in dreams don't always represent themselves. It never hurts to pray for them! I wish I could be of more help.

Love in Jesus,

Connie huggins

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6
Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down