My Blue Hair

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Blue Hair

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:08 am

Good Morning, All -

Sorry that this is long...

Last night's dream started with me waking up in parents' house. I was in a room that was my bedroom, though it never was in real life. When I awoke, the room was just walls and windows. I don't recall there even being a bed, though it seemed like I had been sleeping in one! I knew that there had been some things in the room that were more permanent than furniture - like kitchen counters and cabinets. All that had been removed while I had slept. Also, at some point in the beginning of the dream, I knew that my hair had a hardly noticable blue in it. In real life, my hair is almost black and very short.

I walked outside to find my mother in the yard. I made some lighthearted comment about how she had managed to get everything stripped out of the room while I slept. She told me that she was working on getting the carpet installed, now. I saw that she was interacting with two older guys who were doing the carpet. They had parked their car in the yard - it was a large, beater of a car. One of the guys was an older man that I worked with at my last job. Nice enough guy, just a little kooky.

The scene changed, and I was in some kind of two-level mall in sort of a food-court area. I was walking up the stairs to the 2nd level, and there were a lot of people that I knew from high school waiting around. The place was pretty busy. I expected some of the people that I wasn't friends with to give me a hard time, but everyone actually seemed pretty decent in the dream.

I made my way to the top of the stairs and was about to enter a McDonald's sort of a shop to get food. I looked at a mirror as I walked, and I saw that I had long hair, like down to my jaw, and it was now this bright, turquoise blue!! I felt like I should be embarrassed, because this hair style and color is not at all who I am. I thought of all the people I had just interacted with and what they might have thought of me, but then I recalled that none of them seemed to have any sort of problem when I passed them on the way upstairs.

Finally, I ordered some kind of cheeseburger and a medium non-soda drink (I think it was Orange Hi-C). Another customer came up to me - a woman my age who I did not know - and said, "Oh, Honey! Why didn't you say that you wanted a soda?" I mentioned that I don't drink soda, and that I hadn't for over a year (true, in real life). Then, I realized that she meant that she had ordered something that came with a beverage which she wouldn't be drinking, so I could have had hers.

Wow...a lot going on, here. Any thoughts you'd like to offer are appreciated.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Blue Hair

Post by Daisy on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:00 am

Just a question Mark...

Were you saved in High School? If so, I am wondering if this has something to do with the gradual change that God has done in you in some way. If not, just toss it...just a thought.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:11 am

Hi, Daisy -

I was saved in the summer following graduation from high school. Hmmm...the dream sure does seem to be about change, doesn't it? Both the remodel and the hair.

Maybe the changes were subtle at first (the hardly-noticable blue), and now they seem extreme when I look at myself? What's weird is, that's actually backwards from how I am now...the extreme changes came right after being saved, and now they're subtle...well, to me.

I put down thinking about that bright blue hair and went about doing something else, and the words "Sudden, Radical Change" came to my mind, which would sure fit the crazy hairstyle and color.

Lots to think about. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Daisy! :)
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:13 am

Do you ever feel led to minister to those in High School? Do you ever worry they may think you are too radical at all?

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:19 am

Ooooh, good thought! When it comes to ministry, I always feel more comfortable around new people rather than those from my past. In my earlier days of being born again, people were so opposed to anything I said because I had changed so much from who they knew, they probably thought something was wrong with me. So, now I keep it very toned-down around anyone from my past.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:44 am

TheWhiteShadow wrote:Ooooh, good thought! When it comes to ministry, I always feel more comfortable around new people rather than those from my past. In my earlier days of being born again, people were so opposed to anything I said because I had changed so much from who they knew, they probably thought something was wrong with me. So, now I keep it very toned-down around anyone from my past.

I am the exact same way about my past, and people that knew me then!! Flower Power

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariakitty on Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:57 pm

I'm not an interpreter but had a few thoughts to share.

Sometimes hair is associated with wisdom, glory, righteous living, and strength in the scriptures. The color blue/turquoise (like water) can respresent wisdom and Holy Spirit. I think the Lord is telling you that you have grown in wisdom and understanding beyond what you are aware of.

Sometimes mother represents the Holy Spirit, and I think the changes that have been made in you without you noticing have surely been by the Hand of God/Holy Spirit/Jesus.

I think going up to 2nd level in mall & food court might represent that you're going to a higher level in the Lord, maybe feeding on the word more(?) or that's what He's calling you to - Come up higher. Surround yourself with those who will spiritually nourish you. Feed on good things; the word is by no means "fast food" in terms of spiritually nutritional value, but it is "food that's fast" in terms of growing you up in the Lord and His wisdom quickly!

A really cool dream!!
God Bless!!

Mariakitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:05 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top