Writing in the Sky

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Writing in the Sky

Post by astra on Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:46 pm

Last night I was dreaming I was in the ocean. It was late in the evening so it was kind of dark. I was with someone I don't actually know in real life. It was a male figure like a friend. I think he was representing some spiritual aspect or a person in my life.
All of a sudden I looked up in the sky and saw a word written with huge beautiful script kind of letters. It looked like a neon glowing word. It started with "W", I could not make out what it said so I kept gazing at the sky. The word disappeared and I said to the other person :"there was a wording in the sky and I believed it was a word from God and I have to understand what it said." The word appeared again and this time I was able to read it. It said "Witness", but somehow I knew the message was "Witness to Me" that's what the words were, but again I knew it deep in my heart the message was "Minister to Me". This is very weird (dreams can be that weird sometimes like meanings overlap each other somehow) and it's hard to describe but this is what I got from it.
So I started ministering to the Lord, telling Him how amazing He was and I also said "You have the most beautiful handwriting I've ever seen" :-) I felt so happy and so full of joy when I spoke the words of praise with my face lifted up to the heaven!
Also it was dark and the sky was dark with the starts all over, but I also saw the clouds. The clouds are usually very hard to see at night, but in my dream they were somehow slightly lit up. It was beautiful and the whole dream was amazing.

So could this be a message from God or is this my worshiping and closeness to God experience during the day being re-lived in a dream?

God bless!

astra

View user profile http://www.for-god-so-loved.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Writing in the Sky

Post by Grey Butterfly on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:08 pm

I don't know the answer to your question, but it is totally beautiful Astra

I love that "you have the most beautiful handwriting I have ever seen" it just feels perfect... thanks for sharing.

Have a great day friend :o)

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rosebush on Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:00 pm

Astra~

I think any attempt at interpretation would pale in comparison to the beauty of your dream.

II Cor 13:1 - “Every matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.”

It looks like you will be receiving an established witness from God that will minister to you.

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:36 pm

Hi Astra,

Your dream is amazing! It reminds me of a dream that I had of the second coming. It was nighttime and all of a sudden the skies began to swhirl together.There were many colors of blue and white all swirling together and it glowed. I was almost in a trance. I couldn't take my eyes off of it as it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen!

The part about you only getting the W at first makes me think that you want to get the full message or experience from the Lord and that you are waiting upon Him. He is willing to present the message to you again and again until you are satisfied (if that is even possible). He so desires and loves to commune with you. It seems like He is acknowledging your presence/praise. Could the person who was with you be the Holy Spirit? I think water refers to the Holy Spirit. These are just my thoughts. Discard what doesn't fit.

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by astra on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:42 am

Hi Diane, rosebush and Shan,

Thank you for your responses! The dream indeed was amazing. Usually my dreams are disturbing. They are not necessarily bad, just not peaceful. I am getting lots of "cleansing" dreams lately. And the symbolism that is used in those dreams is kind of ... not pretty, let's put it that way :-)

But after this dream I had an awesome time of peace and real joy from God that surpasses all understanding. I am a "natural" at worrying and am doing it practically non-stop and as a result was entangled in stress. Ever since I started walking close with the Lord and am pressing and pressing into His Presence this stress is leaving part by part. I still have more pressing to do to push the rest of it out, but I've made a great progress already. To me to experience this level of peace is a gift that cannot even be compared with anything else. Only someone who is like me can truly appreciate even a 30 minutes of such all consuming peace. Now I know this is possible with the Lord and I will keep on pressing. I know I don't have to stay entangled in worrying and stress anymore! Whom the Son sests free is FREE INDEED! PRAISE GOD!

Back to the dream - the other person's profession in my dream was a detective or criminal investigator. The relationship with this person in my dream made me think of me connecting more with the spiritual discermnent.

The reason I could not read the word the forst time was because it looked like a few words were on top of each other. But the second time it looked very clear and I could read it. It did not take long between the second time I saw the word.

Before I saw the word the first time our intention was to just swim (I can't swim in real life and would never go into water in the dark) in the ocean and just have fun. I was standing in the water up to my waist line when the words appeared. I had absolutely no fear at all. And it also was not completely dark. There was some light coming from the shore but I did not see what the source of it was.

The best part of it was when I was ministering to the Lord it was like I was speaking right into His ears. Like you know sometimes in the natural you pray and you don't feel like your words are getting past your ceiling? In this dream it felt like there was NOTHING between me and God. Even though I could not see Him, it was like the heavens were wide open and I was speaking right to Him. Totally amazing. I feel so blessed by this dream and it's so very encouraging and gives me strength to go on and press harder.

God bless you all richly!

astra

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:40 am

Isn't it awewsome that the God of the Universe wants us, desires us to minister to Him? I love this dream you had!

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by piano on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:42 am

It started with "W", I could not make out what it said so I kept gazing at the sky. The word disappeared and I said to the other person :"there was a wording in the sky and I believed it was a word from God and I have to understand what it said." The word appeared again and this time I was able to read it. It said "Witness", but somehow I knew the message was "Witness to Me" that's what the words were, but again I knew it deep in my heart the message was "Minister to Me".

Hi Astra,

I don't have an interpretation, but some thoughts for your discernment, or maybe, questions? Toss if not helpful.

I used to have a magnet on my fridge, a note from God.
Not sure what happened to it? It said something like this...

" Dear Child of God, I don't need your help today, you may live happy, joyous and free" I take this as a statement reminding me that I am free to praise Him in gratitude, without feeling overly responsible.

Something about this quote from your dream above, and the confusion of what was written in the sky caused this to come to mind.

Remembering Mary and Martha story now. Relative to all of us, at some time or another..IMO.

In two places in John, Mary was placed at Jesus feet.
John 11:2 and 11:32.
Martha's faith was stronger (IMO) her personality and organizational skills as the older sibling placed her in a position of authority in the home, her feelings of responsibility, perhaps weighted her, and kept her from feeling free to sit at Jesus feet.
Perhaps Mary's love for God and her neighbor (first comandment) was better developed than Martha's because she was able to give herself freely without any ouside influences blocking this freedom?
She didnt have a need for her works of love to fit peoples expectations of her.

John 4:23-24
"But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

What is sortof amazing to me about the Mary and Martha story is that Mary probably appeared to be pretty disheveled.
Both times in the John scriptures, I could decribe her as more frail than Martha, and more broken. He sees the heart above all, when our own strength is lost.

But for His Grace.

P.S. What does pressing in mean? I hear this a lot, but not sure what it is...

Peace,

Piano

piano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by astra on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:51 am

Hi Piano,
Thank you very much for your input. A very interestiong point. I never saw the story of Mary and Martha they way you put it. I will pray over it!!

"Pressing in" to me simply means to get through any kinds of blockages that might be on your way to your goal. Not stop and not get discouraged, but by holding on to Jesus keep feeding on His Word (logos and rhema) till all the obstacles are busted :-)

God bless and thank you very much again!!

astra

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:36 pm

Hi Piano,

:o) I agree with Astra about "pressing in" it's not really a technical term, more descriptive I think. I hear it to mean all of the things Astra said... but to me, pressing in is also visual and imagined... I press in closer to his chest, like a hug while I am praying/meditating on him. I imagine his heartbeat and ask to hear his voice... "pressing in" is like loving him with all my focus and hugging him hard and often...

Blessings, Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by astra on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:10 pm

Grey Butterfly wrote:Hi Piano,

:o) I agree with Astra about "pressing in" it's not really a technical term, more descriptive I think. I hear it to mean all of the things Astra said... but to me, pressing in is also visual and imagined... I press in closer to his chest, like a hug while I am praying/meditating on him. I imagine his heartbeat and ask to hear his voice... "pressing in" is like loving him with all my focus and hugging him hard and often...

Blessings, Diane

:loveit:

astra

Back to top Go down

Post by piano on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:24 pm

Thank you for sharing Astra and Grey Butterfly.
It is just terminology I havent used, but like I said, have heard others use before.

Luke 5:1
On one occasion, while the crowd was pressing in on him to hear the word of God, he was standing by the lake of Gennesaret,

In Luke, a physical drawing close was needed to Hear His Word, but now He is always with us, through His Spirit. We can read His Living Word anywhere, anytime, or recall through His Spirit, His Word written on our hearts. We can worship Him continuously.
This is how I understand what pressing in means to you...Hoping I am on target.

2 Cor 6:16 “For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will dwell in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they shall be My people.”

1 Cor 3:16 “Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

1 Cor 6:19 “Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you”

Rom 8:11 “But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you”

It is interesting how He can be fully with us, and yet, we can have this flesh that gets in the way of being "close" to Him? Lord help us!

Peace,

Piano

piano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:09 pm

Love the verses Piano :o) Thanks!

For me, it is totally my difficulty to comprehend how he can be in me... I think he allows for that and accommodates my longing for an experience of closeness.

Peace and Grace to you in abundance... Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:07 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top