Take Your Shoes Off!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Take Your Shoes Off!

Post by ispeaktheword on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:55 am

Hi Everyone,

Dream:

Me and some others parked our cars in this outdoor parking lot. I saw Pastor L. getting out of his car with his two little grandkids, a boy and a girl.

Now we are in this house (sort of seemed like a retreat). Pastor L. tells us to take our shoes off. My husband took his off immediately. I said, no. I didn't have any socks on with my sneakers. I kept thinking, my sneakers are stinky, I don't want to be embarressed!

Now I'm sitting at a table in the kitchen of this house talking. Pastor L. was ready for the group to come together. When I got up my shoes were off. My sneakers were underneath the table. I kept thinking, how did my shoes come off?? We go into this room and Pastor L. explains he felt led of God for us to remove our shoes. He had us sit in a circle holding hands to pray. EOD

FYI: My husband and I have been taking year long classes with Pastor L. He is a teacher of the word of God and we respect him greatly. We have never met his grandchildren and don't know if he has any.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Blessings,
Ispeaktheword

ispeaktheword

View user profile http://www.tytenishaosgood.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Take Your Shoes Off!

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:04 am

Hello, Ispeaktheword -

Here are my thoughts on your dream: I feel that the teaching that you've been receiving from this Pastor is definitely doing a good work in you. The removal of the shoes is about holiness - and surrendering to God's desire to bring you closer to his holiness.

Both Moses and Joshua were commanded to remove their shoes because they were in a place of holiness.

Also, 1 Peter 1:13-16 speaks of this change in us - "Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”

The embarrassment you felt in the dream... I think of when God's light shines on those areas that we've been holding back, those areas of the flesh that God wishes to deal with in his work of bringing us to a greater place of holiness...we can get embarrassed and shy away from greater intimacy if we choose to not surrender them to him.

In the dream, your shoes were taken off without you even knowing, which makes me think that you may not even realize the work being done in you until it's over, and then you'll see how God brought you to this place without you even been aware of how it happened.

Just my thoughts,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ispeaktheword on Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:35 am

Hi Mark,

Thanks for responding to my dream. What you wrote blessed me and agrees with my Spirit. God is so patient with me..

Blessings,
Ispeaktheword

ispeaktheword

View user profile http://www.tytenishaosgood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:07 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top