A dream about a friend who rejected me in real life

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A dream about a friend who rejected me in real life

Post by princessdelia on Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:43 pm

Last night, I woke up to pray and prayed about my life/future and my son. Then i woke up with a start 2-3 hours later with the name of an old friend in my mind.
As the name popped in my consciousness, sadness flooded my heart as i had run into her husband at a pharmacy (where he was the pharmacist) after i moved back to my old neighborhood after being away for 5 years. I was excited to see him and shared a brief mini-bio with him and collected his wife's number. i called the wife later that day and left several vm messages which were never returned.
A week after repeated attempts to reach her, it dawned on me that she didn't want to be my friend any longer. She was well to do at that point and comfortable, and had new sets of friends and didn't want the baggage of an old friend who was going through a difficult period in her life.

As i laid on my bed as her name came to my mind, i was sad and immediately had to rebuke the sadness. I reminded myself of the promises that God had given me for this year and where I was going to this year. I began to encourage myself and i fell promptly to sleep.

I dreamt of this friend. I was visiting her house. I met her kids, she was cold at first and then she warmed up. We spoke of old times, she showed me pictures of her family and she prepared lovely dishes for me. I helped her around her kitchen and i told her that i was grateful to God for what He had done in her life.

I woke up surprised at how vivid the dream was and began to wonder if there was a significant thing God wanted to tell me through this dream.

princessdelia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A dream about a friend who rejected me in real life

Post by GreatFulServant on Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:45 am

The dream is definitely contrary to what is in real life. With you being grateful to God in the dream, it seems like the air of the dream is filled with God's presence. God gives us dreams that show us the future even though our present situation does not match the dream. The kitchen represents preparing food (the word) for others and yourself to eat and that seems like what your fellowship was based on. So if you are going through a little bit of wilderness period stay in the the word and be grateful to God for His goodness. If things are good for your friend rejoice with her (envy not) , pray for her and Hold On To Your Dream(s). 2012 will be a great year for all of God's saints that remain faithful to him. thumbs

GreatFulServant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeprincess on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:38 am

I think the Holy Spirit was aiding you in the place in your heart that He wants you to be in and showing you how good it feels just being glad for what God has done in her life. As you are thankful for what He has done in her life, it is in essence sharing in the abundance that she has. I think He is trying to guide you into not being offended with her rejection or bitter. It may be that in the future there may be an open door to a renewed friendship. But most of all I feel He was just helping you be in that place of un-offendedness.

Freeprincess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatFulServant on Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:17 am

I like your slant on that Freeprincess.

GreatFulServant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:25 am

Sponsored content