Exam/test?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Exam/test?

Post by Chi on Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:42 am

Hey folks,

Please can I have your thoughts?

I was in a room full of girls and we were all waiting to take an exam, I recall pretending to close my eyes so that I would be missed and wouldn't need to take the test. However I was allocated to go with the second round of girls to take the test. In the next scene I saw a girl who was paying attention to her car she had just had an accident and was upset [I know this girl IRL but I think she represents me because something happened with my car last week].

In the dream I was telling the girl 'even if your not prepared you should take the test anyway. I said leave the car alone and go and take the test even if you don't get the results you want as the test was soon to start and it was approaching 10am. The girl was unsure whether the test was scheduled for 10am or 10.30am so I went into a hall full of women who were seated on the floor (like an assembly/exam hall) and I kept asking for clarification on the 'test' time 'is it 10am or 10.30am?' Nobody seemed to know.

I saw myself trying to prepare and I recall simply skimming over a folder with documents in it I seemed to recognize the content of the information in the file/folder. I saw another friend [who is another one of my friends IRL] who said "I didn't know you were interested in doing the 'clinical' if I had know I would have put you in touch with 'Ruth' at X university." I said 'to be honest I wasn't sure myself I considered this route because I've gained 3 years 'clinical' experience.' My friend said "You've gained some really good experience."

I was later in my house and I saw my cousin in the living room wearing some really cool black high open toe platforms, she was relaying some information about how her flight got delayed but it sounded to me like her facts were inconsistent. [IRL my cousin has been away and her flight got delayed]. Then I went into my bedroom and saw a TV (which I don't have in my room) and then I recognized a cartoon, which I don't IRL, and I was really enjoying it, it seemed to be a kids cartoon/very childish...

Upon waking I thought I better start preparing and reading for a potential post and contacted my friend who actually works in this field to see if she knew of a practitioner in the location X but she doesn't. The meaning of 'Ruth' is friend...

Any thoughts? Or was this a worry dream?
Chi scratching chin



Chi
Junior Member
Junior Member

Posts : 158
Points : 212
Join date : 2010-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exam/test?

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:58 am

Hello, Chi -

I have a few thoughts. First, does anything stand out in your waking life that's similar to having to take the test in the dream? Not necessarily a test, mind you - it could be something that you'd have to prepare for in advance if you wished to do well. Likewise, it may be similar to the way you responded to the test in the dream: where you don't feel prepared, hope that you don't have to go through with it, tell yourself that you should do it even if you don't feel prepared, and then aren't certain if the time is right to do so. Do these thoughts and feelings line up with anything in real life?

I also thought that it may be helpful to run through the Book of Ruth to see if God has something there that speaks to your situation. Just a thought...

I had a couple thoughts about the cousin/cartoon scene, but I think I'll stop here for now.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 2699
Points : 3662
Join date : 2011-04-25
Age : 37
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exam/test?

Post by Chi on Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:56 am

TheWhiteShadow wrote:Hello, Chi -

I have a few thoughts. First, does anything stand out in your waking life that's similar to having to take the test in the dream? Not necessarily a test, mind you - it could be something that you'd have to prepare for in advance if you wished to do well. Likewise, it may be similar to the way you responded to the test in the dream: where you don't feel prepared, hope that you don't have to go through with it, tell yourself that you should do it even if you don't feel prepared, and then aren't certain if the time is right to do so. Do these thoughts and feelings line up with anything in real life?

I also thought that it may be helpful to run through the Book of Ruth to see if God has something there that speaks to your situation. Just a thought...

I had a couple thoughts about the cousin/cartoon scene, but I think I'll stop here for now.

-Mark


MARK!!

Thanks for your input. My word for this season is 'PAY ATTENTION' and I have been having a few repeated dreams which I think are pointing to this, last nights dream i.e. this one could be a wake up call, should I start preparing? I wouldn't know where to start. In regards to your comments "Something that I have to prepare for in advance" - yep if I get offered an interview for this next post I should of already started reading. I guess I'm stalling because I need to see the confirmation in reality! But if I carry on with this attitude (not acting on faith/revelations) trust me I will feel unprepared because it's a highly competitive training route and right now I am getting distracted by a) my car incident, b) superficial/childish things... and 'not feeling that I should go through with it but tell myself I should' is exactly how I would feel because it's taken me so long to even consider this route - allowing 'fear' to have a grip on me which I have been delivered from. And yes I will start reading the book of Ruth this evening, thank you!

Re: the 'timing' I feel this could be me trying to figure out when this is all likely to happen but the interesting thing is the 'test' I feel maybe an actual 'test' in that I had a dream awhile back that I think ties in with this theme where I was given the direction to take the 'second' one, and another dream where I was presented with 2 choices one not so nice and the other was perfect and I ended up choosing the one that was a perfect fit.

Mark please share your thoughts on the cartoon/cousin etc.
Many, many thanks
Chi :donut:

Chi
Junior Member
Junior Member

Posts : 158
Points : 212
Join date : 2010-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exam/test?

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:15 am

Ah, Chi! The details you just shared make the cartoon part clear.

You stated that you're being distracted with "superficial/childish things." This is the meaning of the cartoon. It totally reinforces this.

I also feel that your cousin's shoes are the important part of your interaction with her - you thought that the shoes were cool, and paid attention enough to the details of them. I feel that they represent the next phase of your training, or more-so the results of that training. To be able to walk out God's perfect plan for you, you can't delay - delaying being the basic message from your cousin.

You also brought up the "timing" part. In the dream, the girl (representing you) was all hung up on the specific time of this test. You (representing what you know to be right) emphasized that taking the test is what was important.

So, my advice is simply this: Start preparing! You don't have to have the timing all figured out in advance!

During my quiet time today, a simple verse stood out to me. I thought of sharing it with a certain friend of mine, but it may be for you, as it can be applied to what I just said -

John 13:7 - "Jesus replied, 'You don't understand now why I am doing it; someday you will.'" Once again, you don't have to have everything figured out before you take the next step. Only, don't delay!

Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 2699
Points : 3662
Join date : 2011-04-25
Age : 37
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exam/test?

Post by Chi on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:36 am

Mark! Amazing, God is soooo good!

Do you recall this dream
http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/t15498-a-different-car#85986
The 'yaris' upgrade?

Re: my cousins shoes and 'delaying...' I totally didn't see that, thanks, just for clarification is this part of the dream symbolic for 'me delaying things because of my childish ways?'

Wow! I concur with you re: "Timing" I am totally hung-up on 'when is this all going to start happening lord? I need evidence in my circumstance' LOL!

I guess this is confirmation, I am going to start preparing...

Thanks Mark I 'receive' that text John 13:7 'Amen'

p.s. just one more thing do you think the fact that I was closing my eyes so I didn't have to take the test but was put through to take it for the second round could represent 2 opportunities? Or simply the 'feeling' that I won't want to believe that it is happening and that my 'test' has already been scheduled or I get through to the second round?

THANK YOU
Chi wow

Chi
Junior Member
Junior Member

Posts : 158
Points : 212
Join date : 2010-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exam/test?

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:45 am

Chi wrote:p.s. just one more thing do you think the fact that I was closing my eyes so I didn't have to take the test but was put through to take it for the second round could represent 2 opportunities? Or simply the 'feeling' that I won't want to believe that it is happening and that my 'test' has already been scheduled or I get through to the second round?

To me, purposely closing my eyes would be choosing to not see something. I think that plays into allowing yourself to be distracted by certain things. Like not giving attention to what you know is going on, you know?

I don't know if you've already missed an opportunity to prepare for this test or not - or even an opportunity to take it. If you're coming up on the first possible time to take the test, then I'm not sure...?

TheWhiteShadow
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 2699
Points : 3662
Join date : 2011-04-25
Age : 37
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exam/test?

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:54 am

Oh...in my haste to leave for work, I forgot to answer another question: Yes, I remember the Yaris dream. This upgrade could represent the next level for your preparation.

TheWhiteShadow
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 2699
Points : 3662
Join date : 2011-04-25
Age : 37
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exam/test?

Post by Chi on Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:21 pm

TheWhiteShadow wrote:Oh...in my haste to leave for work, I forgot to answer another question: Yes, I remember the Yaris dream. This upgrade could represent the next level for your preparation.

Thanks Mark
Chi

Chi
Junior Member
Junior Member

Posts : 158
Points : 212
Join date : 2010-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exam/test?

Post by Chi on Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:48 pm

Chi wrote:
TheWhiteShadow wrote:Hello, Chi -

I have a few thoughts. First, does anything stand out in your waking life that's similar to having to take the test in the dream? Not necessarily a test, mind you - it could be something that you'd have to prepare for in advance if you wished to do well. Likewise, it may be similar to the way you responded to the test in the dream: where you don't feel prepared, hope that you don't have to go through with it, tell yourself that you should do it even if you don't feel prepared, and then aren't certain if the time is right to do so. Do these thoughts and feelings line up with anything in real life?

I also thought that it may be helpful to run through the Book of Ruth to see if God has something there that speaks to your situation. Just a thought...

I had a couple thoughts about the cousin/cartoon scene, but I think I'll stop here for now.

-Mark


MARK!!

Thanks for your input. My word for this season is 'PAY ATTENTION' and I have been having a few repeated dreams which I think are pointing to this, last nights dream i.e. this one could be a wake up call, should I start preparing? I wouldn't know where to start. In regards to your comments "Something that I have to prepare for in advance" - yep if I get offered an interview for this next post I should of already started reading. I guess I'm stalling because I need to see the confirmation in reality! But if I carry on with this attitude (not acting on faith/revelations) trust me I will feel unprepared because it's a highly competitive training route and right now I am getting distracted by a) my car incident, b) superficial/childish things... and 'not feeling that I should go through with it but tell myself I should' is exactly how I would feel because it's taken me so long to even consider this route - allowing 'fear' to have a grip on me which I have been delivered from. And yes I will start reading the book of Ruth this evening, thank you!

Re: the 'timing' I feel this could be me trying to figure out when this is all likely to happen but the interesting thing is the 'test' I feel maybe an actual 'test' in that I had a dream awhile back that I think ties in with this theme where I was given the direction to take the 'second' one, and another dream where I was presented with 2 choices one not so nice and the other was perfect and I ended up choosing the one that was a perfect fit.

Mark please share your thoughts on the cartoon/cousin etc.
Many, many thanks
Chi :donut:

Mark,

I'm actually thinking that there is slightly a different twist to this because something else has started to come into play in my life - literally in the last 24 hours. I think this has to do with making a commitment to someone "First, does anything stand out in your waking life that's similar to having to take the test in the dream? Not necessarily a test, mind you - it could be something that you'd have to prepare for in advance if you wished to do well. Likewise, it may be similar to the way you responded to the test in the dream: where you don't feel prepared." I don't feel prepared! and then "Aren't certain if the time is right to do so. Do these thoughts and feelings line up with anything in real life?" This is exactly to the point, and I think that my friend in the dream who knows someone called 'Ruth' at X university was pointing to the friend in the dream who will be able to help me IRL. However I think that the 'clinical' will come into play because it is something that I will also experience inline with the fulfillment of this dream and is something that my message dreams have been speaking about. You are right, I literally need to start preparing because I am currently focused on 'childish/superficial' things I shouldn't delay irrespective of any distractions re: car incident. 'Feelings' in dreams are so important, I know that Mia often places much emphasis on this! I just had to share.

Chi

Chi
Junior Member
Junior Member

Posts : 158
Points : 212
Join date : 2010-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exam/test?

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:09 am

And I appreciate your sharing! :)

TheWhiteShadow
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 2699
Points : 3662
Join date : 2011-04-25
Age : 37
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exam/test?

Post by Chi on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:06 am

Mark,

This is all very very interesting, I won't repeat myself because I have already made a point of this in my previous messages but before I actually post the manifestation of this dream in the relevant section I wanted to run this past you. A senior role has just come up which someone close to me recommended that I apply for, you could imagine my reaction when she (a friend) told me about it I was thinking 'your having a laugh!' She had to really encourage me to pursue this because I have been back and fourth on this. I had a couple of days to complete the application and the short-listing is next week 'eek.' I have been stalling because it's something I never considered before and obviously if I get shortlisted I will thoroughly need to prepare. So because my car incident has recently happened (my focus in the dream) and this senior role has just come up (something that I don't want to go for) and a friend (Ruth in the dream) is available to help would you say that this is apart of the fulfillment of the 'feelings' in my dream? Rather than an up and coming relationship?

Chi scratching chin

Chi
Junior Member
Junior Member

Posts : 158
Points : 212
Join date : 2010-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exam/test?

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:21 am

Chi -

What you've just shared seems to fit everything that happened in the dream! So, the question is...are you going to go forward and prepare for this position, even if you don't "feel" ready? Or, will you delay?

TheWhiteShadow
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 2699
Points : 3662
Join date : 2011-04-25
Age : 37
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exam/test?

Post by Chi on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:59 am

Mark,

It's something that I really wasn't expecting and have only paid attention to this because it seems to fit the 'dream' message. So yes Mark I think I will start preparing from this weekend even though I don't actually feel ready...Let's hope that I don't delay! I think that when I receive the outcome of this job I will post this in the 'dream manifestation' section.

Thanks again Mark!
thumbs


Chi
Junior Member
Junior Member

Posts : 158
Points : 212
Join date : 2010-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exam/test?

Post by Chi on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:10 am

And also do you think that if I get this post that it will be a catalyst for a place on the 'clinical' will this be apart of my preparation for an upgrade or will this be the upgrade?

"In the dream I was telling the girl 'even if your not prepared you should take the test anyway. I said leave the car alone and go and take the test even if you don't get the results you want as the test was soon to start and it was approaching 10am."

Now 'even if you don't get the results you want?' is this the outcome of this 'test' or how I will feel about the process because I am not prepared?

Chi

Chi
Junior Member
Junior Member

Posts : 158
Points : 212
Join date : 2010-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exam/test?

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 am

I think it's all about taking the test rather than choosing not to take it because of how unprepared you may feel. The message is to take it.

If you were to decide whether or not to take the test based upon how prepared you felt, you probably wouldn't bother, would you? :)

TheWhiteShadow
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 2699
Points : 3662
Join date : 2011-04-25
Age : 37
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exam/test?

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:42 am

Chi wrote:And also do you think that if I get this post that it will be a catalyst for a place on the 'clinical' will this be apart of my preparation for an upgrade or will this be the upgrade? Chi

As for this, I honestly don't know...so I won't guess!

TheWhiteShadow
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 2699
Points : 3662
Join date : 2011-04-25
Age : 37
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exam/test?

Post by Chi on Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:50 am

And Mark you were absolutely correct. On the 23.1.12 I was notified that I had been selected for an interview for the following week eek! It wasn't for the snr role that I mentioned previously it was in a 'clinical' role. Prior to this in my current job I was allocated more responsibilities and to help facilitate something. I was highly stressed and felt like there wasn't enough time in the day and I also had my car incident to deal with. I did little preparation (2 days) but I got the job, but I am not totally convinced it's for me and am likely not to accept it.

Is this part of the fulfillment of my dream?
Observer: Trying to avoid taking a 'test?'
Test: 'This interview?'
My Friend: Symbolic for me and my attention was focused on 'my car incident?'
Observer: I am eager to to know when this 'test' is likely to be?
Message: Stop focusing on the car incident and take the test even if you don't get the results you want? I was focused on my car incident and I did take the 'test' = interview and even though I got the job it is not the result I wanted, in terms of the nature of the work.

Now the last part of the dream I am still waiting to see fulfilled, I saw this interview as a fulfillment of the 'test' because it happened in conjunction with my car incident which is now resolved. Do you think the last part has anything to do with this job or something that is coming up?

My Friend: Will I come into contact with someone who knows someone at X university a friend of theirs?

My cousins shoes: Will I meet someone who is wearing 'cool' shoes her calling/vocation that I really like/admire but because the shoes are black and she relates inconsistent information is this a reflection of who she is in her role?

But, will I be focusing on something childish and something I would prefer that she doesn't know?

Any thoughts?
Chi


Chi
Junior Member
Junior Member

Posts : 158
Points : 212
Join date : 2010-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exam/test?

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:32 am

Hello, Chi -

I'd say that part of your dream has been fulfilled - at least in the exam-taking portion. All that the dream had said about it was that it was important for you to decided to take it, which you did. The dream didn't spell out the results, only that you should take it. And, now that you've done so and are offered the job, the dream doesn't give further instruction on what to do. So, if you do not feel that the job is for you, then don't accept it - assuming that you've prayed about it and all. :)

It's very possible that the part about being connected through a friend is still coming. You're past the part of the dream that was before that incident, so I would trust that something is still going to happen. For that, we'll have to just wait and see what God does.

As for the shoes/cartoon portion of the dream, I'd consider that direction to pray against childish distractions, and also so that you'll recognize - just as you said - the person "wearing the shoes." They probably will give some inconsistent information, just as in the dream. There's also going to be some delay involved...so, expect to have patience until it does. The overall point is to pray against these distractions, for now.

Thanks for the update, Chi!
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 2699
Points : 3662
Join date : 2011-04-25
Age : 37
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exam/test?

Post by Chi on Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:17 am

Thanks Mark,

You were so on point and yes I will pray against childish/distractions.

Thanks again

Chi
Junior Member
Junior Member

Posts : 158
Points : 212
Join date : 2010-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exam/test?

Post by Chi on Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:28 pm

Sorry Mark,

So are you saying that I should expect some delay in terms of the fulfillment of the last part of the dream or the results from the time of meeting this person "wearing the shoes" and my perception of what I think of them? Is the delay in the results of the 'shoes' a result of my childish distractions?

Thanks
Chi

Chi
Junior Member
Junior Member

Posts : 158
Points : 212
Join date : 2010-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exam/test?

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:05 am

I don't think that the delay is a result of your actions. I think that the two are separate, but that you should still be praying against the distractions.

TheWhiteShadow
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 2699
Points : 3662
Join date : 2011-04-25
Age : 37
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exam/test?

Post by Chi on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:24 am

Like I said Mark my word for this season is 'PAY ATTENTION' isn't God good?! So yes I will continue to pray against childish/any distractions.

Thanks again and I'll keep you posted!
Chi

Chi
Junior Member
Junior Member

Posts : 158
Points : 212
Join date : 2010-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exam/test?

Post by Chi on Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:07 pm

TheWhiteShadow wrote:I think it's all about taking the test rather than choosing not to take it because of how unprepared you may feel. The message is to take it.

If you were to decide whether or not to take the test based upon how prepared you felt, you probably wouldn't bother, would you? :)

Hi WhiteShadow,

Exactly the point of this message, I did take the 'test' as the message in the dream said despite not feeling prepared and although the outcome didn't make sense at the time (I didn't like the results of the test hence the job) 4 months later I received a little blessing that has come at just the right time to help me for the next phase in my new career move!
Chi


Last edited by Chi on Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Chi
Junior Member
Junior Member

Posts : 158
Points : 212
Join date : 2010-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exam/test?

Post by Chi on Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:11 pm

Chi wrote:
My Friend: Will I come into contact with someone who knows someone at X university a friend of theirs?

My cousins shoes: Will I meet someone who is wearing 'cool' shoes her calling/vocation that I really like/admire but because the shoes are black and she relates inconsistent information is this a reflection of who she is in her role?

But, will I be focusing on something childish and something I would prefer that she doesn't know?


I will keep you guys posted on the fulfillment of this last part of the dream!
Chi

Chi
Junior Member
Junior Member

Posts : 158
Points : 212
Join date : 2010-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exam/test?

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:46 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum