Praying Boldly!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Praying Boldly!

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:31 am

Hi everyone!

I just had to share this with all of you! I was listening to the message today about praying boldly. Sometimes I think we just tend to speak it to the Lord instead of asking boldly before the Lord.

When we pray we are praying to our Father. Tell him our situation and boldly ask for help in resolving our situation. Whether it be family, finances, health or whatever the matter is we need to ask confidently and boldly. We are his children. Is anything to hard for God? Is his arm to short to reach us? His resources not vast enough for supply? His ability to heal anyone or any situation to far removed from us? Certainly not! If we know then that He is all power, all might, all strength the why do we cower when we ask? We ask with our head down and our voice low. We should be asking with our head up and our voice bold and our whole being crying out to Abba Father!

Pray like Jabez:

1 Chronicles: 4:10 KJV

Oh that though wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested!

1 Chronicles: 4:10 Amplified

Jabez cried to the God of Israel, saying, Oh, that You would bless me and enlarge my border, and that Your hand might be with me, and You would keep me from evil so it might not hurt me! And God granted his request.

1 Chronicles: 4:10 New American Standard Version ( my favorite )

Now Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that You would bless me indeed and enlarge my border, and that Your hand might be with me, and that You would keep me from harm that it may not pain me! And God granted him what he requested.

He was so bold here! He really asked for it all. And God gave him his request. How awesome is that!

There is so much more here but this will do for a provoking thought and comment. How many of us pray each day and truly believe that what we ask will be given and do it boldly? I fear not many. Please tell me your thoughts and comments.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Praying Boldly!

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:41 am

Very thought-provoking thread, Connie!

I will admit that I am guilty of not praying with this kind of boldness for myself, but for some reason I can for other people.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:16 pm

This has blessed me Connie! Thanks for sharing!!

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tbsmilesbig on Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:53 pm

TheWhiteShadow wrote:Very thought-provoking thread, Connie!

I will admit that I am guilty of not praying with this kind of boldness for myself, but for some reason I can for other people.

-Mark

I'm in the same boat as Mark on this one, Connie! It seems so easy to lay things down at God's feet for others, but for some reason I don't feel worthy or it feels like I'm asking for too much.

Right before I read this thread I was going to post a prayer request because I am feeling so defeated with trying to understand what God has been trying to show me in my dreams and waking life about moving and some other personal issues - I'm starting to get frustrated, actually. However, reading this timely message has shown me that I too need to pray with intensity and certainty that God WILL hear and answer my prayers, just like I see Him doing for those that I pray for (I do pray for my own needs, but I feel that I sometimes hold back)!

Blessings and thanks for the reminder to SEEK, ASK and KNOCK!!

tbsmilesbig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:13 am

Glad to hear that this has helped. I just had such a quickening in my Spirit that I had to share it. I was like wow, I need to be more bold in prayer. Sometimes I forget also.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tbsmilesbig on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:06 pm

Connie,

I just re-read this for a source of encouragement! Thanks again for sharing and posting!

Blessings!! wave

tbsmilesbig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:31 am

You are so welcome!

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:15 pm

Preach Connie!! God has helped me over the years with this. People tend to get intimidated with how I pray and say that I'm too arrogant when I go before the Lord because I'm supposed to "come to him as a child". My response to them is this...I do go to him as a child, when was the last time you've seen a child who KNOWS they are loved and well taken care of go to their parent in fear and feeling unworthy? You wont' find it because a child who knows they are loved has no problem asking for whatever they want and can care less if you can afford it or if you are able to do it for them. Yes, come to him as a child...BOLDLY!!

Excellent, excellent, excellent!!!!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:55 am

Amen Cholette!

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:39 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top