Husband's dream of a massive storm

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Husband's dream of a massive storm

Post by daphanie02 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:27 am

Jeff dreamed we were at home and a fire broke out up stairs, he grabbed the water hose and put it out. Before the fire started we were getting ready to go to my mother's house who lived in Hawaii (She doesn't IRL). We decided to go ahead and go anyway and our house would be repaired while we were gone. We were only supposed to stay for a day, but after looking at the weather, decided to stay for a week and have the kids fly up. After the kids arrived, we went on a boat ride. A MASSIVE storm built quickly (He says it was a Cyclone). Us and many other boats turned around and drove for the safety of a cove. As we drove for the cove, the storm continued to build massively. He remembers thinking the boat we were in was going incredibly fast (We had a captain driving it) and took everything he had to hold on and not fly out of the boat (He saw that his wallet flew out of the boat and got lost in the storm). Our children were also with us. The storm tore apart the boats behind us and was gaining on us and another boat that was behind us. After a while, it seemed as though us and the other boat were going to make it to the cove. When suddenly, the storm made one final push and sucked the boat behind us up! We however, made it safely to the cove. After we made it to land our captain, told us he was going back out to our original destination. We got back on the boat but before we built up speed, my husband told our family to abandon the boat and jump in the water to swim to shore because he was afraid to go back into the storm. He had lost his wallet in the storm so we didn't have any money. A lady was nice enough to give us some money in town by the cove. Later that day, He saw the captain and he was fine. He wondered if everyone on his boat had made it safely. We had enough money to fly back home.

Here are the other two I had that are related to this: http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/t15889-high-on-a-mountain-with-sea-creatures-below-me-warning-its-long

http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/t15748-tsunami-in-a-large-city?highlight=tsunami

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Husband's dream of a massive storm

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:54 am

Hi, Laura -

I'm not claming interpretation here, but may I please share these thoughts? The story of Paul and the Shipwreck from Acts 27 came to mind. Verse 10 says...

"Men, I can see that our voyage is going to be disastrous and bring great loss to ship and cargo, and to our own lives also.” So, Paul had a vision ahead of time of what could happen - he had the "heads-up."

Verse 11 says...

"But the centurion, instead of listening to what Paul said, followed the advice of the pilot and of the owner of the ship."

You know how things progress in this story. Everything goes downhill, Paul has his "I told you so" moment followed by the promise of salvation from the situation, and everyone's lives end up spared, though with the loss of the ship.

Here's how I saw the parallel in your husband's dream: There were plans to take the trip to visit your mother. You know how the rest of the dream turns out with the storm - everyone ends up fine, though you had to deal with the threat of the storm and a bit of loss (the wallet). So, the encouraging part is the end, for sure.

However...the whole situation was prefaced with the fire upstairs. It was dealt with and everything, but what if that is a real-life sign-post for you to consider changing the plans that you made and either postpone or cancel those plans?

In Paul's situation, he had the heads-up, as I said. What if the fire is your heads-up? I have no idea of you've got something big planned that lines up with the trip in the dream, but if something that tips you off as the fire happens....well, you know where I'm going with this.

Just my thoughts. Please forgive me if they don't fit!
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:15 am

I had just read about this last night, Here's the verse that stuck out to me the most: Acts 27:21 “Men, you should have taken my advice not to sail from Crete; then you would have spared yourselves this damage and loss. 22 But now I urge you to keep up your courage, because not one of you will be lost; only the ship will be destroyed."

I really am convinced this is connected with my two dreams I had because in all three dreams, there was a threat out of the sea, and there was a cove. Also God intervened with His own devine hand and got us out of there. Also, in both of my dreams, I was in God's perfect will and He was warning me about what would happen before hand so I could tell others. What concerns me was when I went back down the mountain with my dad in the mountain dream I had I was afraid because it was dark and was considering asking him if we could wait. Then in my husband's dream, he decided not to go with the captain who rescued us and decided to have us jump ship to make our own path to saftey. In the end we were fine, but I wanted it to completely be acts of obedience. Know what I mean? I'm not sure about the house fire...nothing in all three dreams fits right now so I'm still scratching my head. I can see how we would want to flee a stressful situation for some relaxation...Our lives are very stressful so that part makes sense about leaving the house. Sometimes we make things happen so we can get relief. But the thing was that SOOOOO many other people were harmed and we weren't touched, which makes me think it's about a literal storm, or something that would effect the area we live in. Thank you for your reply Mark, you've given me some good thoughts.
Thanks!!!!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:18 am

btw, we don't have any plans at all to leave. It really doesn't make sense to be gone longer than a day because we have no one to keep and watch over our livestock. Perhaps you're right and this is a warning to not go anywhere for a while. It's complicated though because IF we ever went anywhere it would be to my mothers because my grandmother who lives in that area is suffering with cancer and I feel like we wont have her much longer. We are also very, very close.

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:30 am

Oh, Laura...I didn't mean to make it sound like you were going to go on a literal trip. Just some kind of activity that's separate from what you've got to deal with at the moment.

Maybe a business venture, or a relationship, or aspect of ministry...

Sorry for that!

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:50 am

laugh OH!!! LOL ok!!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:24 pm

i havnt read otha posts lol! im 2 sweet dreams 2 laugh ,,um the fire represents a drama happening in ur lives but ur hubby is able 2 deal wiv, ,,i think da trip is likea direction u take asa family,, ther is an impending ''storm'' that will challenge ,, u,, but u got captain jesus :jesuspic: happy dance 2 get u thru,, um the loss of wallet re ur hubby is significant, is he feeling like a loss of perpose? bandaid um howeva seems like u'll be covered an receive substance from a unknowen source, happy dance ................ sweet dreams 2 Dee a permanant landlover, Flower Power

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:39 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top