Hillbilly Party

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hillbilly Party

Post by Daisy on Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:49 am

I had a dream I was at my childhood home. There was a party or gathering going on...lots of people. I remember going into what used to be my old bedroom, it had a different purpose now. I brought a friend with me to this gathering (who has babysat for me before IRL). Her name is rachel. Im thinking she may have been there to help me out with the kids. I had the feeling of watching the time (irl I paid her $10/hr to watch my kids, and in the dream I felt I was paying the same wage to her). I was mindful of how much money I would have to pay out at the end of the day. I remember stuff being piled up in my old bedroom, and even a tv being in there. My friend was having some leisure time, possibly watching tv. I felt busy, like there was lots to see and do.

Scene change:

There was either a addition added to my dad's house, this part of the house does not exist in real life. It was bigger and open. I remember seeing significant wooden beams (support beams), as in this could be still under construction...almost finished, but not quite. My aunt and uncle were there at the party. These are my favorite aunt and uncle irl. They do not serve the Lord, but are very good hearted people (though they like to drink lots of beer, and smoke weed). I see an old distant ex-family member, that I had cut out of my life after I adopted my daughter. I refused her as a friend on facebook irl because I dont know her that well anymore, and technically we are not related anymore since my mom divorced my step-dad. She is still related by blood to my half brother, who is my daughters birth father irl. I do not know if I can trust her irl to not share info with him, that is why I didn't want her to be a friend on fb, since I dont want my brother to know where I live etc. In the dream, she had such a sad look on her face. My rejection toward her really hurt her. I went and hugged her, and felt so guilty for hurting her. (IRL I do love her, I just dont know her character or how close her or her grown children are to my brother). I seen another cousin of mine there. They were giving me crap about not coming around. They were saying that I act like Im better than them (irl they are a little bit hillbillyish, but I love them just the same). These cousins I love, but they really dont take good care of themselves or their children. They have an attitude of poverty I guess, thats the best I can put it into words. I remember feeling like the house was dirty, and I wanted to get the kids out of there. I wanted to leave.

End of dream

I also find it quite funny that I didn't physically see my children there at the party, though I sensed that they were there.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hillbilly Party

Post by Cloud on Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:16 pm

i have a limited insight here but when i think "hillbilly" i think unlearned/uneducated OR pagan

Cloud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:04 am

Yeah, uneducated...lack of knowledge and lack of care to gain more knowledge. They aren't bad people, they just don't care about things as much, very simple people.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:26 am

I think of Hillbillies as backwards in their thinking. Maybe even an innocence in the way they think. Like they are not exposed to the cares of our world but concentrate only in the moment. Just some thoughts. Hope it helps.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:33 pm

Thanks Connie! It does help!! TONS!!! I am thinking this one also has to do with my daughter. This is so true what you say above here. These family members don't understand my precautions I have taken to protect my daughter, because they only live in the here and now. They do not think about how certain decisions can effect them long-term. When I look ahead at the things that could be potentially harmful for her and avoid those things, they just don't get it! Nothing I say or do will make them understand, believe me I have tried. I just have to do as the Lord leads me and not worry if they ever understand my point of view. The support beams seemed to really be significant to me. I have found that my church family (hence the girl who came to help me out with the children in the dream) have been more supportive of me and my decisions with my daughter, than my own family. I feel a bit guilty that I cant just throw caution to the wind when it comes to my families views about my daughter. In reality, all I need to do is to be pleasing to the Lord and to steward over this precious girl He has given to me. If they dont understand, o well. Thank you for your thoughts Connie, as they have brought about TOTAL clarity of this dream for me!!! huggins

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:33 pm

Thanks for your thoughts too cloud!!! You are a blessing as well! :hooray:

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:14 pm

Glad to be of help. :)

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:40 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top