House Dreams

View previous topic View next topic Go down

House Dreams

Post by lola21st on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:27 am

Hi All -

For the last few weeks I've been dreaming of houses and finding a new home...I've included a few below. If the Holy Spirit leads any of you, I would appreciate an interpretation...

Week of August 10, 2008 –

My cousin and I were looking for new homes in Florida. It didn't seem that we had done this together, we just discovered that we were doing the same thing. (She lives in Florida, I live in California). These were brand new constructions. I remember my younger son’s father was following me around the house construction making suggestions about colors/upgrades/layouts/etc. (In real life two weeks prior to this dream he announced out of the blue that he was getting married then did days later but acted as though he was still just thinking about it.) I kept telling him to leave me alone but he persisted. That was the theme of the dream – I was very frustrated that he still wanted to play that role in my life although he’s married now. He was upset that I wasn’t taking his advice.

The address of the home was 3755 ------ can’t remember the street….

In the case of my cousin, her home was being built as well but it was almost completed. She took me along when she did her walk through. She mentioned as well that her 1st husband had attempted the same thing, i.e., making suggestions. She was showing me her kitchen which was large and well appointed with beautiful maple cabinetry and the latest appliances. The room was bright with lots of natural light. I noticed that inside the drawers and glass cabinets there were a lot of cobwebs and dust. It didn’t have an island in the middle but it did have a floor to ceiling cabinet. Something you’d use to store brooms, mops, etc. She opened the door to this cabinet and the skeleton of a dead mouse fell out… I started telling her that she needed to let go of some of the stuff that she was holding on to….

Week of August 11, 2008 –

I was at work and was working on a project team. We worked on one floor, then moved up one floor some days later to continue the work, and moved up another floor to continue the project. We must’ve done this about four times.

Then I remember talking to my teammates (whom I didn’t know prior to this project as they were from other departments…I recognized several as people from my actual workplace - most in positions higher than mine). There was camaraderie among us. In the next scene, we’re at my house. It appeared to be a new house which had a lot of land and a large front yard. I got mad at them because I left the house and when I returned, they were all washing their cars in my front yard. There were about eight cars and two motorcycles. I remember it being a very sunny, warm day which was actually great for washing cars but I was offended that they were using my yard as a car wash and told them that they would be paying for any damage to my yard…

They also played football while they were at my home…the score of the game was 35-32.

August 19, 2008 –

I was looking for a new place and was on a train in Philadelphia (although it didn’t look like Philadelphia – it had a more European feel to it). A couple that I knew in college were on the train as well. They were my former college roommates-for years we weren’t on speaking terms but did eventually reconcile – they appear in my dreams periodically and I’m trying to understand what it is that they symbolize. I think that when I think of couples I think of them because they committed to each other after only a couple weeks of knowing each other, stopped socializing and isolated themselves. We merged their names together a la Brangelina because they were inseparable. They still live in Philadelphia and have been married for 21 years.

Anyway, I saw their place – they had a work/live loft. The block they lived on was a busy boulevard type….he lower level was either a store, restaurant, art gallery, bookstore, etc. while the top level was the living space. The front façade was panes of glass.

In the next scene, I was vacationing on the beach in eclectic, one story shacks made of corrugated metal. They were very colorful and were nestled against a huge sand dune facing the sunset…I wasn’t alone but I can’t remember if I was with my friends or with my relatives…

Next my mother, aunt and I were going somewhere and stayed in an apartment temporarily (it could’ve been a hotel)…we walked into an nearby apartment by mistake and saw five men and boys in sleeping in a bed together. It wasn’t sexual but we (my mother, aunt and I) were disgusted at seeing them. We later discovered that there was an article about them in the newspaper that day as well. Later that day I was wondering if I would have enough time to take my aunt and mother to the produce market as there were things that I wanted to buy for them before their train left which would be 8:11pm…I continued to look for a new place to live and I ended up finding an apartment in New York City…although I don’t remember anything about it….

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: House Dreams

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:17 am

OMG!! I had dreams like that about my ex, he's now married, but it seemed like for a while he was still tryin to hold on to me and his past life (as though he really didn't want to get married)! I wonder if your situation is similar? Do you feel like your son's father still wants you in his life even though he's moved on--kinda wants the best of both worlds? or actin like it?

Construction for me means "building", "establishing", "new" etc, and I wonder if that's what God is doing in you and your cousins life (rebuilding and making new plans for you guys?) I think what you said to your cousin is true: "she needs to let go of things she's holding on to." Do you think in real life that is what maybe she and you are doing--holding on to the past? Are there possibly small skeletons in the closets that need to be cleaned out and attended to?

God does want to do a new thing in all of our lives, but first things are first. Get rid of all baggage, issues, etc that are holding you up and hindering you from excelling to the next point. It is easier said than done, but while God is doing the construction and "laying the foundation" he still can't fill the rooms up if there's mess in there!! you need to clean out the rooms and start afresh! God wants to do the work, but you have to do your part to! God bless and please pray on what I've said
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:57 am

The numbers are very interesting. Do they point you to any biblical verses, i.e., do you have any favorite verses/memorized scripture or have you heard any lately in a sermon that match?

In the second dream w/ the football playing and carwashing, I think of service. If God were to give you something new and special - like the house - or even a new relationship, would you be OK w/ it being used for service? If it is a new relationship, would you be OK if you had to share your new love interest let's say with a youth group if he were a youth sponsor, or kids if he were a father. Outwardly, you were letting your house be used for fellowship, but when your comrades needed more than just fellowship and needed and place to play and wash their cars, you became aggitated. What significance does that have to you?

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RE: House Dreams - LONG

Post by lola21st on Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:40 am

Thank you both for your input!! (If there are others, please feel free to add)

Desiree -

You hit the nail on the head! These last 3 weeks have been a very upsetting time for me. As I mentioned, my son's father announced out of the blue that he was getting married

He and I had been together in some form of relationship for the last 6 years. We fell into sin early (hence our son), were engaged then ended the engagement almost 4 years ago. Since then we've maintained a Godly friendship and have remained good friends over the years with daily interaction. Some have said that we are pseudo-married - as late as last month I had to correct someone because they assumed we were married. Our families know each other and contacted each other independently, he interacted with my older son independently of our son (e.g., took him out for activities, let my son spend the night at his house, pick him up from school, etc.). We have significant financial ties together. Yes, it was always my hope that we would mend any gap between us and eventually marry.

When he announced the pending marriage, he said that he was doing it to be obedient to the Lord. He's known this woman for only 6-8 weeks (she goes to his church) and a prophet told a friend of his that the Lord wants him to marry the woman as she is his soulmate and will be a help to him in his ministry (he has a calling to be a pastor which he has been running from for years). He felt like he was running from the Lord for too long now and now with this new word, he feels like he's running on borrowed time (his words). There are other pieces to this that led to such a quick wedding that apparently are still playing out (e.g.,her father and some other relatives were against it because he already has a son)...

While there's more to the story, the bottom line is that this door is closed. I definitely believe that he's still trying to hold on because he told me that regardless of whether or not he does get married, nothing between us would change. He told me that I'm still an important part of his life and he doesn't feel that this marriage would change that. Of course, that led to an argument which I think manifested in the dream.

I do believe that the Lord had been preparing me for this because for the last several weeks, I've been having dreams about floods, heavy rain, etc. The night before his announcement, I had a dream about the "still baby" which I posted to the Yahoo groups a couple of weeks ago. I believe now that the still baby symbolized him and the plants somehow represented change - needing to get rid of the old plants so that the new ones could prosper...

And I agree with the "construction" interpretation. The Lord is showing me that a new foundation is being built for me (I'm "under new construction"), but I have to let go of this relationship. At the moment, it is a challenge because it is so fresh. When I think about some of the things that he offered to provide for me and partner with me on over the last two months I get angry because I think those offers are completely out of line to make for someone who knows that he is involved with someone else and is considering marrying her. But I also know that the Lord would never hold anything good from me. And this door had to be shut in order for me to look in the direction of the new door that holds my blessing on the other side. So I'm allowing myself time to grieve and heal all the while trying to focus on being in a position to receive all that the Lord has for me.

Which brings me to to RnestseekR's interpretation:

I appreciate your insight as well because even prior to this situation, I've been praying to the Lord and letting Him know that I would like to go to the next level in serving Him and prayed for him to reveal to me His plan for my life, i.e., where/how does He want me to serve Him? My spiritual gifts appear to be encouragement/exhortation, service, and mercy. I've been seeking His confirmation and revelation as to how he wants me to use these (any or all).

I will continue to pray for revelation regarding the numbers as nothing comes to mind initially. In the dream I was agitated that the group washed their cars on the lawn because they didn't ask me before I left the house to run errands. Perhaps I felt that they didn't know me well enough to take those liberties? I have to pray more about this piece to understand what that's about. It's funny though - you touched on something interesting because I do feel called for to a higher level of service and when I have thought about new relationships I've always prayed that the Lord would bring someone to me who either has kids or loves kids so that he would fully accept mine. And that this man would be involved in service. Not necessarily as a pastor but someone who is active in a ministry that is either leading others to Christ or somehow edifying the body of Christ. Again, I will continue to pray for wisdom, clarity and revelation.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:04 pm

Lurdys
I am perplexed about the part you said about "your ex being married because of a prophecy". Its kind of funny but right before my ex got married (so quickly as well), he said a prophet told his now wife that they were supposed to be together. At the time I was receiving lots of prophecy, so he knew that I would believe him! I later found out that he had gotten married for another reason (ie: baby) but he was too ashamed to tell me (of course he relayed the info to my sibling once he was married!) So, the "prophecy part" was essentially a lie and I wonder if your ex was lying about his prophecy too? I don't think noone gets married "quickly" these days just for love (In my opinion)...I mean marriage is a serious commitment-one that needs to be seriously thought about--not just jumped into. The funny thing is, my ex actually still has feelings for me--but of course we can't keep in touch. I would really ask your ex if his reasons were "pure". Think about it: if he was really committed to his marriage like that, why would he still be so close to you? I mean, I know you have a son with him, but things change when someone is married plus he said that "nothing would change between you guys"-that lets you know he wants to still be close (but I don't know, ask God to reveal his motives.) I'm scratchin my head at the part when he said his wife's family doesn't agree with their union--if it was "ordained" it shouldn't matter! Just my thoughts. Definitely forgive him and know that GOD DEFINTELY has someone much better!!! Just know, I was in the same boat with you-I completely understand your plight, but God knows best!
smooches and I am so glad that God used me to help you!
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:53 pm

Desiree -

What a coincidence! This is God at work...(although disturbing on one level - you're the third woman I know of who has experienced this as well)

I have asked myself the same questions. During this period where he was supposedly still deciding, I was fasting and praying for him (confessing to both the Lord and him that I am biased so can only pray that the Lord's perfect will be done). I received nothing from the Lord to confirm this but did get a strong sense that I need to look out for my son. The thing that I've been struggling with is that if he does have a calling to the ministry and received a word to get married, isn't God a God of order? Wouldn't there be a stronger testimony for him to marry the mother of his child and enter the ministry? I'm not trying to second guess God because He knows best. I'm leaning on Romans 8:28 and Proverbs 3:5-6 and praying for wisdom over this issue.

I totally agree with everything that you've said - I don't know if there was a prophecy and even if there was one, I don't think it was properly confirmed. Even he at the beginning of this said that he told his pastor that getting married was not on the Top 10 of his "To Do" list.(of course, this statement was in of itself a message for me as well...). There are cultural differences as well - the woman was banned from her family by her father because he forbade her to continue seeing my son's father and she refused. It appears that the ban has since been lifted but my reason for including this is that for a prophecy from the Lord, there appears to be a great deal of confusion, disunity, and he didn't display the type of alignment between spirit, heart and mind that one usually sees in someone who receives a Word.

It will all be revealed with time but what's done is done. I do believe that the Lord has someone else for me who is much better, I'm praying for healing and continued wisdom so that I can move into the place that He needs me to be in order to serve Him and be blessed.

Thanks be to God that he used you to help me!

God Bless,

Lurdys

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:26 pm

Just know that nothing is "coincidental" in GOD!!! God put us in the same path for a reason!! Keep holding on until God shows himself "Strong" in your life!! God bless you as well, and I appreciate your openness with your situation, it will help many. Remember Deuteronomy 28:13 "you're always on top, never at the bottom"--nomatter what it seems like!
smooches
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:45 pm

I can't tell you how nourishing for my soul that scripture is right now. May God continue to use you and bless you...

Lurdys

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:56 pm

Lurdys
you're so sweet. I receive it!:)..you're goin to be okay!
much smiles
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:43 pm

I will need to pray more about this but the house number that appeared in my dream was nagging me (3755). I went to an online bible and was searching to see if perhaps it was a scripture 37:55...didn't find anything. But if I split the number and search the Psalms, Psalms 37 and 55 REALLY resonate based on what I'm experiencing. Psalm 37 has always been a favorite and I'd been meditating on Psalm 55 recently. I need to pray more about it later to fully understand the connection but my initial response is...WOW!!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daughter of The King87 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:29 pm

The numbers 3755
3+7=10
5+5=10,
John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I have come that they may have life; and have it to the full.
Don't know the signifcance of John 10:10, but it jumped out at me. Pray over this scripture.

God Bless!
Maria

Daughter of The King87

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:01 am

Maria -

Thank you!!

Blessings,

Lurdys

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delaine on Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:53 pm

I don't remember the entire dream. It appeared that two of my friends were either with me or were the ones who actually did the sonogram. They (or the doctor) put gel on my stomach and ran the sonogram object over my stomach. I immediately heard the baby's heartbeat. They said to me, "you are definitely pregnant!" I remember walking around being happy about the baby but a little apprehensive about the pain involved in birthing the baby.

Can someone help?

Delaine

Delaine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:22 am

Delaine -

Is this posting a new string or was this an extension of the house dream? Every time I have heard of someone dreaming they are pregnant, it has meant that they are about to give to birth to a new ministry or be given a new gift from the Holy Spirit. The fact that you are apprehensive about the pain involved could mean that there will be some sweat and tears involved with a new ministry. Doesn't mean that the dream couldn't have a literal interpretation, it's just that in my personal experience, it has always been a ministry or gift.

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:45 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top