Leaving a Conference Center

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Leaving a Conference Center

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:57 am

Hello, Everyone -

This dream had a few symbols in it where I'm not exactly sure what they may mean. In real life there are two new things going on with me - I begin my new job tomorrow (I'm a little anxious about it) and I've started a brand new workout program (an advanced version of one I've done many times over).

So, the dream - I was in this building that was like a school/conference center. I took part in a meeting with others my age from my high school days. The meeting seemed to be kicking off this new workout program. There were tables with lots of pizzas on them, and I had at least one slice.

Next, the meeting is over, and I'm being led through the halls of this building by a girl I went to school with named Deb (we have no contact in real life and very little during that time of my life). We walked into another group's meeting that was just like ours, but much bigger - there were probably 100 people there, and they were all people from my high school days as well. They were watching the same presentation. We made our way through the group so Deb could pick up something, then we went to leave. One of the guys made a comment on a workout move presented in the video - basically, "How are we supposed to do that?" I commented that I could do it, and he expressed his disbelief. I responded by stating that I'm already doing a more complicated version of the same move. He was surprised, but still acted negatively. We left the room.

We made our way through the halls, again, and Deb was carrying two gym bags and a short ladder. Since I had nothing, I offered to carry something, but she said that she had it.

Outside, we crossed the yard and headed toward the parking lot. We walked under the branches of a low tree, and I saw this large bird close-up. At first, I thought it was a hawk, but then I recognized it as a turkey by the head.

We walked past another tree, and the tree looked like it had the face of an owl on it, and in parts of the "face" were holes that birds lived in.

Finally, we reached her truck. She had parked very close to a fence on the driver's side, which was the side where she had to hang the small ladder. The passenger side of the truck had nothing near it, so I suggested she place the ladder elsewhere or just pull the truck away from the fence, first. End of dream.

Sorry that this was so long. I'm uncertain about the whole conference-center portion. The tree with the hawk-turkey makes me think that it's a person who isn't as powerful/intimidating as I originally think, which could be about someone I'll meet at the new job. The owl-faced-tree also has me stumped, for now.

Any thoughts you'd like to share are greatly appreciated.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leaving a Conference Center

Post by L4JC on Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:02 pm

Mark, Sounds like you got pretty good insight into your dream already. The only impression I received from reading your dream was that you're starting a new beginning and perhaps you're seeking to overcome some "past" (your high school days) situations you were in before. Your new workout regimen is also reflected into the dream as perhaps you're going to share some common interests with some others you'll meet on the job who also enjoy working out? As for Deb, maybe a girl like her you knew will be of interest to you either through your new job or at a gym. The truck I always see as a ministry (maybe she's involved in some kind of ministry and is trying to find ways to working her way up in that (the ladder) and the fence, being "on the fence" with how to go about it? Since you gave your solution on how to resolve that issue, tells me you'll be a positive influence in helping her overcome some situation she needs advice in.

I think of an owl as a night-time prowler ... maybe a party-goer or someone who stays up all night? Just a thought.

Feel free to toss out what doesn't relate to you!

God bless!

Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:13 pm

Btw, had to add this, too! May the Lord bless you in this new job, and may He be with you in all that you do... will be praying for you! Hope you'll give an update when you can on how it's going for you!

And as for the workout regimen... I need a workout regimen! Without you telling me to workout, I feel the motivation to "workout"! wave

God bless!

Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:20 pm

Hey, Sunny -

These are great thoughts! I especially appreciate what you said about sharing common interests with others on the job. This addresses an anxiety of mine - I don't want to be the new guy that no one relates to, you know?

At this new job is someone who left my last place of employment about a month ahead of me, and he called me a week or so ago to tell me how things are going for him at the new job. He's quite "of the world," not a believer by any means, and he shared how the guys he's working with aren't very receptive to his...worldly habits and mannerisms, if you know what I mean. I saw this as a positive thing for me, since he and I aren't alike at all! I'm hoping that God will connect me (quickly!) to other believers in this new place. What you said about the girl in the dream could very well be someone who I can help in their ministry - or maybe they'll help me!

I'm still tossing ideas about the owl-tree-thing. It could be an indication of time-of-day, perhaps. My shift is from 3pm to 1am, so there's some night time activity there. Hmmmm.....

Thanks so much for sharing! :)
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:21 pm

L4JC wrote:Btw, had to add this, too! May the Lord bless you in this new job, and may He be with you in all that you do... will be praying for you! Hope you'll give an update when you can on how it's going for you!

Thanks! I receive this! :)

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:40 pm

Glad I could share Mark! And as for the new job and not knowing anyone... I can certainly relate! But I don't feel that's going to happen to you. I think you'll quickly will find common interests with others!

I'll be praying that the Lord will connect you with other believers quickly! Nothing like having a prayerful of believers to work alongside with! :)

Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:22 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top