Giving a gift, someone not wanting to recieve it

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Giving a gift, someone not wanting to recieve it

Post by Daisy on Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:57 am

Background: IRL My pastors daughter leads up our young adult ministry at church and leads worship. She is young, but a very confident person. A lot of people have been complaining about her, and not liking her since she has been stepping into more leadership roles in the church (I personally think its b/c of jealousy). I dont have anything against her at all, but I def dont know her that well. We will say hi in passing, but thats it. I had one other dream about her before, so its possible that she could symbolize something in my dreams...Im just not sure of what quite yet. I will post a link to my other dream at the end of this one, to see if anyone has any thoughts on what it may be that she symbolizes in my dreams.

Ok, the actual dream last night:

I dreamed that I wanted to give a gift to my pastors daughter, as a thank you gift (may or may not have been a Christmas gift). She SPECIFICALLY said she did NOT want any gifts. I knew in my heart I wanted to give her something for all she does for others, I wanted to show my appreciation. Even though she said she didn't want any gifts, I decided to give her one anyways. I only had a small gift bag with something little like a candle or something in it, along with a card that I was putting these rolled up 1$ bills in. I was trying to straighten them so it looked more presentable. I knew it wasn't much, it was ten dollars even.I wished I had a crisp 10$ bill to put in the card instead. I was nervous to give it to her b/c she was so opposed to getting gifts in the dream.

I have an idea of what this could mean...would love to hear others thoughts on this. My dad was hospitalized last night for not being able to breathe (due to emphazema), and irregular heart rate. They are keeping him another overnight at least. He makes it seem like its not a big deal. He specifically told me he doesn't want me to come and visit him...that there is not enough room there. He is kind of prideful, its prob hard for him to feel helpless. My husband says I should go anyways. I dont want to make him mad...but will prob go up there anyways. I also bumped into a older man at the coffee house this morning, and he started telling me his life story...the main theme being how life is so short. How suddenly life can end. This may or may not be significant. Would love to hear your thoughts.

The previous dream I had of my pastors daughter...something manifested the VERY next day. Here is the link:

http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/t15078-ice-skating-angel#82699

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Giving a gift, someone not wanting to recieve it

Post by L4JC on Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:51 am

Daisy, toss my thoughts if you don't feel that relate to you, but the very first impression I had of your dream was that you are a natural people pleaser. You clearly want to show recognition of how "important" the pastor's daughter is to you; so in a way you wanting to give your pastor's wife a gift tells me you want very much for her to know that despite all the rumors circulating around about her, that you are not part of that "jealousy" circle (the $10 roll)... thus, giving her a gift ... you're giving her, your way of showing "love" acceptance of what she's done so far for the church. Her rejection of being insistent not to have you give gifts to her, tells me she doesn't want the recognition.

I can sense this is all really related to what's going on with your Dad. He doesn't want others to be burdened with his health issues and tries to avoid others from coming to see him. But I sense too, that life is short, you may need to see him regardless and show you're there despite his protests. In the end, you'll be glad you did and so will he. I'm sorry your dad isn't feeling well and I'll be praying for him Daisy! Let me know how he's doing, k?

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:41 am

Hi, Daisy -

My thoughts are that you should visit your dad. I think that the Pastor's daughter's not wanting gifts is symbolic for your dad not wanting visitors. Still, in the dream you had something to give. I'm thinking that the $10 represents your visit as a whole, while it being broken into $1 bills relates to the little things you do while you're there.

Also praying for your dad.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Thanks so much Mark and L4JC!!! I appreciate your input, and am so thankful for your prayers!

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:14 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top