Please Interpret...Great Personal Significance?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please Interpret...Great Personal Significance?

Post by afterhisheart on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:38 pm

Here's the dream:

In the dream, we were at CBC (where my husband went to college), I was talking with some people as we observed crowds of people coming to CBC for a special event or conference or something. We talked about how we hoped the Spirit would move like it did the first year we were there. We talked about what the conditions were the first year and we decided it was because the leadership of college students were unified and committed, pressed-in and spent a lot of time together. Someone asked how this came to be and they said someone came in and brought them together, gave special training and met with them over several days time keeping them together and on track. In the dream I got the impression they were talking about a man named "Bryan Jarrett" (in real life he was the guest speaker for a 3 day Spiritual Emphasis at the college the first year we were there).

Sidenote: I don't know who "we" is. I think it was just information being given to me in the dream somehow.

Next, I see a glass hallway filled with kids aged about 8-12. There are two college student leaders with them and they are trying to talk to each other, but they have to shout because the kids are pushing and loud. One of the college leaders says, "I don't understand. The last time we did this 90% of the college students showed up. This time we do it, 90% of the college students are NOT here and 90% of who IS here are kids."

Next, I am riding in an SUV with some short haired blonde lady who is driving. Maybe significant she is wearing ski coat and and a ski headband covering her ears. She's trying to find the way, but there is road construction so it is hard to figure out where to go. I point to the right road, but she takes the wrong path and is on bumpy dirt. We get to the bottom and I tell her it was the wrong way, she has to go back and do it again. We get back to the top and I point out the right road. She gets on it. It is a smooth freshly paved blacktop that winds down to the bottom.

Next, I walk up some steps. The lady stays at the bottom. I am on a landing and I look down to the landing below and there is a baby there. I accidently drop the SUV keys. For some reason the lady doesn't think she should get them and I know I should go down and get them, but I really don't want to. I think through that if the baby gets them, she might lose them or set off the car alarm. I start walking down the steps to reluctantly go get them. As I do this my dad (also a pastor in real life) comes up from below the landing the baby is on and he gets the keys and hands them to me. I am relieved that I didn't have to go all the way down to get them.

End of Dream.

my husband said he had a dream the same night but all he remembered is "Bryan Jarret. Spiritual Emphasis."

afterhisheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please Interpret...Great Personal Significance?

Post by afterhisheart on Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:21 pm

I did a search for "Bryan Jarrett" and found this article. It is very significant as it puts into words everything that I have been trying to voice to our church (the one my dad pastors). I don't feel like they get it.

http://www.ag.org/enrichmentjournal/200604/200604_018_GenExchange.cfm

I know there is more to the dream though. Thanks for your thoughts in advance.

afterhisheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:56 pm

This is not an interpretation, just an observation: In the glass hallway when the kids show up, the trainers/leadership team is upset that there are kids there instead of college students. I was just thinking that the kids acted unruly because they were immature. That's how younger kids/high school kids act. But college students are there for higher learning. They usually do not have to be there. They WANT to be there. What happened to the leadership team that they didn't attract the mature (perhaps symbolic for mature christians???) students?
The other two parts of the dreams seemed to carry the same theme of regression and do-overs. Again, some themes of immaturity. And yet, there were times of smooth sailing once someone listened correctly and took the right turn. And when you tunred around to do what was right and necessary (the keys/keeping them from the baby), your efforts were matched. Now that I am typing that, I am thinking something along the lines of the "keys of the kingdom". Again, go back to the first dream. The spiritual teaching/tools/kingdom were about to be turned over to ones too immature to receive them. In the dream with the baby, you recognized that the baby was not mature enough to have the keys. Hope this helps to get your brain jogging! Please report back when you have an interpretation.

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by afterhisheart on Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:08 am

thank you RnestseekR. I think you are on to something. It never occurred to me that the first and third had similar themes and the second and third had similar themes. Do-overs and Immaturity--Possibly Turning Over to the next generation (which is what the sermon I linked to is about).

It is interesting in the 3rd part where I dropped the keys that they would have gone to a baby...a generation below me...but my dad...a generation above me...brought them back to me.

You've got my wheels turning and given me great things to talk to God about. I welcome anything else you or anyone else has!

afterhisheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:21 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top