Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lara

Fasting + After Effects

I had done small fasts before in the past but earlier in the year I started to have some health issues so I decided that I would do a "Daniel" fast for 21 days. Prior to that I'd done a similar 5 day fast and had had some encouraging results so I decided to go for a longer fast thinking that it would really solve some of my problems.I prayed about my health issues and other things I wanted answers and results for during the fast.

During the fast I was indeed touched by God at points and on the final day I felt this joy that I hadn't felt since becoming born-again. I felt victorious. That feeling was short lived as the next day I became sick and during the weekend that followed when I was at my lowest point of my illness I felt like if I had been surrounded by darkness. I could feel the darkness in my room.

I recovered but after that my life literally fell apart. I had an emotional breakdown of sorts. I had some therapy with a christian counselor and came to the conclusion that the breakdown I was having was some kind of healing process that I would emerge from better on the other side. I went through the motions for weeks.

Along with that the spiritual opposition I faced increased. Instead of getting better as I thought it would it got worse. To the point that where I couldn't wait to leave the country as soon as my exams were over because the oppression was so overbearing. I literally felt like if I stayed where I was during the summer I would die.

So what I don't understand is why did this happen to me? Isn't fasting supposed to help make things better ? I don't understand why they got worse.

Hello...this same thing happened to me too however the minute I came to myself and realized why it was happening, it broke off of me. It's what I call a "kick back". Its that thing that takes place when the enemy is working his hardest to undo what God has done. This is when we STAND IN THE POWER OF GOD'S MIGHT!! I answered your other post about the anointing and if you read that, I talk about the whimpy and powerless ways of the enemy.

Don't allow this to keep you from fasting in the future...much is being accomplished. I will venture out and say that I believe the 21 day fast you did accomplished MORE than meets the eye, that is why the lies and attacks on your emotions came.

Go back to all God spoke to you about on your fast and STAND!! It's the foundation that God is giving you to stand on.

Blessings...

Thanks. It's always nice to know that I'm not the only one who's gone through something. It helps to put things into perspective.

I'm not sure about the standing bit since I feel so weak at the moment. But I'll try to hang in there.

Don't hang girl...STAND!!! Standing on what God revealed to you during your fast. Stand on his love...stand in his grace...stand in his power. Standing means to hold on to everything He says he is and PROVE him to be who He is. He's real and the devil is a liar...Hold him to that too.

AMEN!!! Some things only come through fasting and praying. I'm a firm believer in this. Lara, I can totally relate to you and yes, it "appears" that devil is attacking us harder, but CHECK THIS OUT, it's ONLY BECAUSE YOU"RE GOING TO RECEIVE YOUR BREAKTHROUGH! So, praise God in advance for the miracle and tell Him how much YOU LOVE HIM!. Girl, it's something about fasting and praying that helps you CLING to God like never before. And then He starts walking and talking with you. You shall LIVE and NOT DIE. Go ahead and walk in what God showed you and BELIEVE IT! I am a living witness that there is NO SECRET to what the LORD can do! He has pulled me out of some rough spots this year and 2011 has been an UGLY Year for me. I merely lost everything but I still got the joy of the Lord and I am encouraged because I understand and learned the ways of God and how He moves, when trouble comes my way that means God's got something better for ME. You keep that in mind. Have an I expect God attitude. :)Don't focus on the natural, see yourself coming out in the spirit and in the NEAR FUTURE. Your Healing is in God's hand. I touch and agree with you by Faith that YOU ARE HEALED in JESUS NAME! I love you and Jesus loves you more1 Be blessed, stay blessed because YOU ARE BLESSED! :)