Dreamed of Changing Churches

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dreamed of Changing Churches

Post by Daisy on Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:30 pm

I dreamed that my husband, children, and I all changed our church! In the dream, I felt really comfortable at this new church. I felt like we had been there forever. Also, there was a married couple that IRL used to go to our present church long ago. Their mom is a key part of the leadership at our current church, and has been a huge part of ministering to us with our family issues that have occurred from adopting our daughter through the family. IRL the couple in the dream moved out of state several years ago, and have not returned-we do not keep in touch with them-they were just aquaintances irl. In the dream, this couple was warm and welcoming toward us. Im wondering if this could mean a relocation may be coming up soon for us? After the drama this holiday season with my family irl I would gladly welcome it at this point. lol!

Any thoughts?

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dreamed of Changing Churches

Post by Cholette on Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:22 pm

My only thoughts on this is that it seems literal. If this is something you welcome, take the step towards what you desire. Why stay in a church that you are not happy with. You are not leaving God, you are leaving the building.

I know for me, God allowed situations to occur in my former church in order to get me to leave because that was probably the only way i would. I was a part of that building for 20 years and the latest ministry (at the time I left) for 10 years. History had a hold on me, but God caused my purpose to begin to speak louder than the History. I made a bold move and ended right smack in the will of God and happier than I've ever been.

So I would say that possibly God is giving you literal instructions to move forward. Please continue to pray, but these are my thoughts.

Blessings

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:43 pm

We are very rooted and grounded at this church. It took us years to build this, as it is a very large church. My children are planted here as well. We have tried looking for other churches last year around this time, and have not found anything that comes close to comparing to the depth of the Word taught at our church. Im not saying this is the only mature worded church around, its just hard to go from a deeply prophetic Spirit filled church, to a church that is just a basic Spirit filled church. Would you please pray for me about this? I dont just want to search for a new church, I want God to lead us to the place he wants us to be, the place to transplant our family and to put down further roots to continue our spiritual growth. I will be seeking the Lord diligently about this, as I felt this was possibly literal as well. I think as in your case, that the past years invested also makes it harder to just pack up and go. Im believing that when He speaks to me about where and when to go, that it would also be confirmed to me time and time again, before I make the switch. Would you mind sharing with me what things you did to help you find the church that helped you find the church home where God desired you to be? Thank you so much for your words of wisdom and your prayers.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:44 pm

I'm reading this after posting on your cardboard dream and I wonder if the two are related?????

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:49 am

Hi, Daisy -

If you are to make a move in real life, I have a feeling that it won't be sudden. You said yourself that you would need plenty of confirmation in order for this to take place, and the Lord absolutely knows this about you!

One thought that I had was that this dream may be a seed. To even consider making such a change would have to begin somewhere, if that is indeed what the dream means.

Also, just to share my personal experience: I never made a sudden change when I left my church (I've been in the wilderness for about 5 years), but changes in my circumstances made the process very gentle, and no one was hurt at all. Now I'm at a place where I've been unlearning some things that weren't entirely biblical, which is exactly where I need to be.

Just my thoughts,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:34 pm

I will definately be praying for you Daisy because I know it's NOT easy to do. Like I said, I was in the building, worshiping with the same people for 20 years...even with the church name and leadership changing several times...talk about rooted?

The thing about my situation is that God was changing ME. It was my purpose that He was after and not the History that I developed in a church. The last three years at the church was horrendous because I had allowed God to wipe the slate of my heart clean and allow the Holy Spirit to teach me his Word because I had so many different doctrines stamped inside of me. When God began ministering to me through his word, it was at that time I felt things change. By the time it was time for me to go, it was a fast transition. I worked at the church so i just couldn't leave because it was my livelihood, but God allowed the church to NOT be able to afford me anymore and that was my open door to leave...within a couple of months.

I had no place in mind, but I ended up going to this very large church 45 minutes from me and stayed there for about 3 months. The word was okay, but not what I was hungry and thirsty for, but it sufficed. It wasn't until i was invited to a friends church, 45 minutes in the other direction from my house, that I found my church. I knew something was coming because God gave me a dream that showed me that my gifts wasn't going to make room for me there. The following week I ended up at the church I was invited to and it was the church God designed for me.

Don't get caught up with establishing your roots in a "place"...it's not always about that with God. Like I said, he's about PURPOSE and if he has another place that is better for you and your family, then he will make sure you get there. It's not going to be comfortable. I wasn't comfortable at all, but God had to stand me before a Prophet to tell me why I was there for me to settle in. My life has never been the same. I'm not just on automatic anymore...my life is changing and God is using me to change other peoples lives. Our lives are NOT our own...we have to let go of our way of doing things and Let God be God!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:50 am

Amen Cholette! Thank you so much for sharing!! I really appreciate your wisdom!! :hooray:

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:53 am

@Mark~Thanks so much!! I do believe this was a seed just like you had said. Now I am just waiting on God for His leading, and continuing to be prayerful about this.

@Deborah~I had not thought about this being connected with the cardboard box! Great thoughts....Thank you!!!

I just want to say how this ministry is such a blessing to me! It is literally just like the 'body' of Christ! Each member giving their part, to help make a full picture of what the Lord is speaking!! Im so amazed at God's goodness~and watching His body function together to bring light here!!! :hooray:

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:23 pm

We found our new church! BOTH The kids love it!

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:58 pm

:hooray: :hooray: :hooray:

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:37 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top