SUNDAY IS COMING!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SUNDAY IS COMING!!!

Post by Shan on Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:34 pm

Just a little background info...

I've been waiting for the promise of the coming of my husband for 19 yrs.

In the dream I was at a sister church(doesn't really exist irl) and was attending a morning class with just a few single people. I looked up and all my friends were gone-- I assume to a larger gathering of singles. The church had it's main service at the same time as the larger group. A man who I thought was cute, asked me if I was coming to hear the sermon. I noticed he had a wedding band on and said to myself that he was off the market. There was absolutley no attraction after that.

I responded to his question by asking if the singles group was meeting at the same time. He just stood by the sanctuary doors and didn't respond. I said to him that I could use a good sermon, but that I was still debating as to which one I was going to attend. After a few seconds of deliberation, I decided to forego the singles meeting and go to the main service.

When we both walked in, someone on the stage handed him the microphone. It was then that I realized that HE was the pastor! I felt so embarrassed, but in a funny way not a shameful one. When he spoke, he made a joke and said, "Well, I'm so glad all of you could attend as some of you had--other options." Everyone laughed and I did too.

Next, they began singing a praise song that I had never heard, but it was beautiful! It was called, Sunday is Coming!" It was about the fulfillment of a promise. This pastor knew nothing about me, but as the worship team sang, he talked. He became very passionate and looked directly at me. He said, "Sunday is coming! WAIT FOR IT, WAIT FOR IT, SUNDAY IS COMING" I knew he was talking about my meeting my husband, but I wasn't sure if the worship team was saying someday or sunday. But I was almost certain the pastor said Sunday. I also knew he was saying to me not to get discouraged and I definitley knew he was communicating to me that this meeting could very well happen in a few days or weeks. As he was saying this, I knew I was supposed to write something down. I didn't have paper so I opened my Bible and wrote something in the margin. I don't remember what I wrote. (this was kind of odd, but I knew i was dreaming and thought about waking myself up to write this down because I knew I would forget. I chose not to wake up because I wanted to finish the dream. Sometimes when I wake myself up, I can't get back to sleep if it is morning.) Then the pastor looked directly at me and said, "Sunday is coming! WRITE THIS DOWN, WRITE THIS DOWN!) I took my pen, and closed my Bible and wrote in large print on the gold leaf edges of the pages of my Bible and wrote SUNDAY IS COMING! The ink was aqua. Don't know if that's important.

Then the pastor started his main sermon. The title was "14 Middle Names." It was part of a series the church was going through at the time so I didn't understand it's relevance, but the pastor intended for it to be funny. However, there was a definite purpose to it. He went through names in the New Testament and I listened for my husband's name, because it appears in the New Testament only (God told me his name a couple of years ago.) I couldn't make out if his name was mentioned or not.

As the sermon ended and I was leaving, I again ran into the pastor. I had time to ask him if the song was saying someday or sunday, but felt in my spirit that I wasn't to ask, but rely on the impression I was given in the service. The pastor looked at me very seriously and directly and said, "It had to be YOUR choice to come in or not." I realized that he had had a word for me from the beginning, but he was not going to bait me with it by telling me ahead of time. This was also his reason for not answering my question about whether or not the singles group met at the same time as the service. I remember wondering if God was getting more specific with me and was telling me that I would meet my husband on a Sunday. End of dream.

Any insight is appreciated:)

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SUNDAY IS COMING!!!

Post by Cholette on Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:04 pm

Hi Shan...

So when I read this, the first thing that came to my mind is a song that I used to listen to all of the time by Daryl Coley (who is my favorite gospel singer). The title of the song is "When Sunday Comes" (or it may just be called Sunday, not sure). Anyway, the context of the song is talking about the resurrection of Christ and in essence its saying that there is a resurrection coming to our lives if we continue to trust God. Those things that look dead will come to life.

The scripture that comes to mind is not one about Sunday, but "Morning"...weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. I believe that God is saying something to you that your Sunday morning is coming.

Now these are just my thoughts and not an interpretation. God could be giving you a literal day, but what first came to me was that song by Daryl Coley. Also, at the end the pastor said that you had a choice to go into the church...I sensed that the Pastor represents God and it's like you have a choice or "had" a choice to make to come into his presence. It's like you could have gone your normal way (Singles group), but you chose to go into the sanctuary...which represents a holy place. Could God be calling you into the Holy Place to get more instruction? Who knows? You could already be in there and God is giving you your instructions now, but it's worth praying about.

Another thing to consider is that the reason why you didn't get your question answered regarding the singles group is because your transitioning from that state into another state.

Hope this makes sense...continue to pray because there seems to be a lot of little messages hidden in this dream...in my opinion.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:28 pm

You have some very good insight, Cholette, that I hadn't considered. It does seem to fit my life right now. I will prayerfully consider it for more understanding/confirmation. Thanks!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Praise God!!

All I know is that there is more to this dream that meets the eye.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rosebush on Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:41 am

Hi Shan,

I'm interested in the study on the 14 middle names. I've come across a middle name dream previously. I took it to be about distinguishing factors, as a middle name will distinguish one John Brown from another John Brown. Somehow seems about character. The dream has you listening for your husband's name, so you are appropriately keeping watch for this man. This lesson is intended to be both purposeful and funny.

Names in general imply a person's character in that we talk about how a certain person has a good name, meaning they are trustworthy.

Ecclesiastes 7:1 A good name is better than fine perfume...

Proverbs 22:1 A good name is to be more desired than great wealth, Favor is better than silver and gold.

The #14 seems a complicated number when looked at in association with scripture. I realize this site prefers to take numbers in dreams literal. But the meanings I've found seem to imply spiritual perfection x 2. Could be about a double dose of spiritual rightness or discernment of such in people, a search for a husband or yourself.

I agree with the one who said there is lots of meaning tucked into your dream and I pray you discover its meaning.

God bless you,
Rose

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:49 am

Hi Rose,

Thank you for your comments! It seems to make total sense! The part about middle names distinguishing between different people hits the nail on the head. I also believe that numbers could represent literal things or could represent something else. Most times when I dream about numbers they are symbolic.

Thank you so much!

Shan

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:56 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top