Cleaning tables in a restaurant

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cleaning tables in a restaurant

Post by L4JC on Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:50 pm

I dreamed I was cleaning tables in a restaurant and looking over at customers while they were eating, making sure they're comfortable and happy. I felt like I was a waitress, but didn't actually serve anyone.

I tried to look on Mia's Dreams Dictionary, but was ubable to access her site, so was unable to check what my dream means. But I've noticed on the forum, of others who have had dreams of restaurants it means a ministry or a church.

What does it mean if I'm cleaning tables in a restaurant? Am i supposed to be in a ministry of "cleaning" a church? Anyone who has thoughts or interpretation would be appreciated!

Thanks,

L4JC

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cleaning tables in a restaurant

Post by GreatFulServant on Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:26 am

Just a thought here not claiming an interpretation. But if you are not serving the food (the word) God at this point anyway is not calling you to the five fold or to preach or to lead a home group. But He does want you to help them. I would say beyond just cleaning up the church. Help them if they need a ride to church, ride to the store, etc. But also sometimes people hear a message from a preacher and the do not quite understand it or misunderstand it. It needs to be cleaned up a little bit by you helping them get the right meaning to the message. It's truly a gift to have the ability and care to make sure people are comfortable and happy when the feast not only the word but just the things of God and life itself. Of course life itself for Christian no matter what they are doing is saturated by the presence of God.

Another thought is if you are leading a home group or preaching. Maybe God is telling you to make sure the people are understanding what you are saying. Sometimes again we have to clean up some misunderstandings when hearing the word.

GreatFulServant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:37 am

I never thought of the restaurant food as "the word"... I felt that was very insightful! And you know what you wrote up there above is pretty much what I do in real life! I really believe the precious Lord gave me the gift of "encouragement" and patience to help those understand scriptures, and make it more clearly understood. I have lots of deaf friends and help "voice" interpret what the deaf are saying in Sunday School Class (there are some Hearing in the class learning Sign Language) and the deaf sometimes do not understand the Bible scriptures or stories that are being given in class. I help out by giving insight what I believe the Lord wants me to share. It really does mean so much to me that the Lord has been using me in this way to help them understand Him much better. I asked the Lord the other day in prayer, what's my "gift"... and (not realizing what I was doing already is the gift!). Tears came down my cheeks when I read your post. It's been here all along! Not only that, but the Lord also brings deaf people personally to me when they need prayer and just a word of encouragement. I get video calls from them needing to talk and asking me questions on what they've been reading in the Bible.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with me! May the Lord bless you with a beautiful day! Your post really made MY DAY! woo hoo

Thank You dear Lord for bringing GreatFulServant's post to me and forgive me for not "realizing" what I was doing all along was my gift! Thank YOU for this special GIFT! Help me to use this gift to your full purpose and for your glory! ... Amen!

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tbsmilesbig on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:32 am

Awesome interpretation and manifestation of this dream!! Thanks for sharing and posting! thumbs

tbsmilesbig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatFulServant on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:02 am

WOW! Praise the Lord. As we (I) learn to understand our dreams we can see the Lord talking to us at a deeper level. :glory:

GreatFulServant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:31 am

L4JC wrote:
What does it mean if I'm cleaning tables in a restaurant? Am i supposed to be in a ministry of "cleaning" a church?
I did not yet read the other postings besides this one, but I have also had a dream of a restaurant, and it was symbolic for my church home. Just a thought...cleaning the tables in the restaurant makes me think of the ministry of helps mentioned in the bible.

1Cor12:27 Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. 28 And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles? 30 Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret?

I love this entire chapter...if you get a chance..look over the entire chapter. Its a great refresher. I especially love the part where it talks about how needed every part of the body of Christ is, even if other parts seem to get more recognition. Hope this is of encouragement to you. These are just my thoughts, not an interp. Plz pray on them and toss if they dont fit.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:26 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top