Dark Water and Video Game Friends

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dark Water and Video Game Friends

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:01 pm

Merry Christmas, all -

Haven't really remembered my dreams this past week, but this one stuck even after waking up and going back to sleep. What's unique about it (for me) was that the people I was with resembled characters from one of my favorite games...

So, the dream begins with me and a good-sized group of people in this dark body of water. It's like an ocean or sea, but it's not that deep. I can see the bottom, but it's still over my head. As I said, the water is dark. The sky is also dark, like a black and a dim orange-gold color. The whole scene is not one with bright lights, and the overall feeling while being in this water is a mix of faint hopelessness and fear.

Now, we're all floating along on the surface, swimming slowly, and we had made it to one side of this body of water. After I was out of the water and on land, two things happened: I recall that I had had an interview, and the place seemed like where I'm about to begin working in real life. I was dressed for it. The only thing I recall was that the interview had taken place. Next, as if a period of time had passed (months, likely), I was at the same place, but the purpose was different - no longer for an interview, it was more like I had been there a while. Other than that, I don't know what, exactly, I had done while I was there.

I was back in the water with the others, and we slowly began to make our way back across from where we were. Soon, someone called out that there was this kind of creature beneath us - they had a name - and I knew what it was before I saw them. Looking below, I saw these jellyfish-type creatures, and I knew that I only had to stay on the surface until we passed them. I floated along, while these things were underneath me moving in the opposite direction. We eventually made it passed them.

Next, we were sort of in the middle of this body of water, and we began to slip beneath the surface toward the bottom. As I said, the water wasn't terribly deep - a little over my head when on the bottom. The bottom was sandy, and there were deeper areas, like trenches. Being underwater and breathing wasn't ever a problem. I looked around while below the surface, and I saw the others in these trenches, seeming to take shelter from something. I went back up to the surface, and I looked into the sky. There were these gigantic bird-like creatures, and then I realized why they were in the trenches. The birds would swoop down and try to grab them if they were still on the surface. I slipped back down under the water and stayed in a trench like the others.

Finally, I was aware that we had been in this body of water for a long time, like months had passed. There were many who didn't make it, and there was more of that hopeless feeling. I looked around and saw the bodies of some who didn't make it (remember, they were from a video game, so it was not gruesome). I remember being especially sad that a particular girl didn't make it.

End of Dream.

I'm inclined to think that there's something to this, like God chose to use video game characters for a reason - probably to get my attention? I really would appreciate any thoughts you may have.

Thanks,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dark Water and Video Game Friends

Post by GreatFulServant on Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:58 am

This post may spark a little controversy but just wanting to help by adding a few thoughts. There is a group of Koreans who pray hard all night long and continually offer themselves to the Lord through pray, worship, reading the word, evangelism, and a holy life. This verse reminds me of what they do. Hebrews 5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; They have had their spiritual eyes open and have seen the wondrous beauty of the heavens, and ugly treachery of the pits of hell. A lot of the demons they see are characters that are in video games. I do not play them so I can not go into all the ins and outs. Also the Lord has showed the demonic strong hold that over comes individuals through the medium of the internet and television. Also I have heard how people have visited hell and have seen many movie stars there. Am I saying every actor is in hell no. The point I am making is these mediums, internet, television, video games can be tools of the devil. Everything has its origination from somewhere, whether it be heaven or hell. The death of these video characters in your dream could be symbolic of the fruit they bring in peoples lives. This is something you will have to pray about. Just a little bunny trail here. I have a back ground in sports and have plaid college football a number of years ago. The Lord has dealt with me very strongly a number years ago about not giving interest to that area. Even of late He has given me two very strong dreams about not slipping back into following all these sporting events, because they will hold back my pursuit of God. Yet God is not opposed to using sports in my dream to teach me things. They can be positive or negative. For example one dream I had where I was playing catch with a football with someone. I kept dropping the ball and when I threw it back to the person it kept coming up short. In essence the Lord was telling me that I was dropping the ball and coming up short in a certain area of my life. On the positive side he gave me dream where it was my senior year in high school and I had flunked one grade. We had just one the district and regional championships. Now we were going to the state tournament and in my heart I new we had what it took to win it. The essence of the dream is even though I flunked a grade, God was not going to let my past failures keep me from doing his will, for He had given me a heart of a champion to be a winner for him. Just rambling on this Christmas morning, hope this is helpful.

GreatFulServant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:20 pm

Thanks for the thoughts, GreatFulServant. I'm still thinking about the dream, but I will keep what you've said in mind.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:04 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top