Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hind'sfeet

Our son shot some kid with a bb gun. The kind with plastic bb's

I don't know where to start. I just have been under a lot of attacks today! I am crying inside (the kind where anything can get you crying). The one that got me most is my son. He shot/tried to shoot some neighborhood kids with a bb gun (we live on post...), he was apparently egged on by one of his friends. His friend told me that the big kid my son shot, was chasing them with a stick because my son and his friends left the big kid saying they didn't want to play with him anymore. I just feel SICK, like we could get in big trouble! I had my son apologize to the kid (who I've never seen before) and made him go in the house. At first I thought it was our bb gun (that kills rabbits and squirrels...) but it was a neighbors bb, he had left it outside. I don't know what to do. Neither my husband nor I know what to do. I can't believe it.

God will smoothe this over.

He recently smoothed over something for me that had me panicking.

It's good that you made your son go appologize to the kid at his house.

That likely made your son feel really awkward and not wanting to do it again.

Thank you Cloud. I know God is bigger and this is somewhat a new situation for us. I don't want a son like that. We have taught him over and over again to never aim a gun no matter what type, at anyone.
The kid actually came over to our house. My son quickly apologized and I'm really not sure how he felt. I hope it was enough to make him never want to do it again. It's not the first time he's scrapped with neighborhood kids though. It just makes me wonder whats going on in his mind.

It just makes me wonder whats going on in his mind.

In this case, since he has a record of doing this, it just means there's something in him that drives him to do it.

He's unhappy or he's insecure.

I don't know how old he is but he's clearly acting on his Ego that alot of males have.

He's feeling comfortable enough to commit these acts.

You need to pray God does whatever He has to do to set him straight.

Father, I lift Hind'sfeet and her family up to Your Throne of Love, MERCY and Grace! I ask You, Father, to please protect this family and poure Your anointing of love, patience, wisdom and knowledge on the parents and show them how to provide the best guidance for their son. Father, I ask for this boy to guide his steps and speak Your words of love, deepest care, confidence, security IN YOU right into his ears day and night. I ask You to restore the relationship between these boys and send Your Angels of peace, forgiveness and mercy to minister to them whenever they come in or go out. Heal their hearts and remove any kind of trauma that might cause this agressive behavior as You are the God of peace and forgoveness and wholeness! I pray Psalm 91 over all families involved, over hind'sfeet family especially and their boy. I speak that NO WEAPON formed against them shall prosper. And I thank You, Oh Lord, that You hide them in Your secret places and that You cover them with Your wings and Your pinions! Thank You, Lord, for hearing my prayer and for giving me what I ask! In Jesus' Name. Amen!

Thank you Connie and Daisy huggins

My son and I prayed in bed last night. I made him say the prayers out loud. I had a dream a few nights ago that's really stuck to me. The dream was in my mind the whole time we prayed. I haven't posted it yet. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with this.

I'm not familiar with BB guns...was the child hurt in anyway? Have you spoken to the parents regarding the incident?

He wasn't hurt. He was an older boy that I've never seen before. I don't plan on talking to his parents.
I do plan on letting my neighbor know to keep the BB gun put away.

I couldn't get my son to say much about the incident. What he said was nothing like what his friend said, so I don't know who's telling the truth.
My son said that they thought it would be fun to show off the BB gun, then he doesn't know what happened next, then he shot at the big kid and doesn't know why.

Ok, from one mother to another, I can empathize with you. We raise our children one way and when they do something that contradicts their home training, we tend to take it personal...as if it's something we've done wrong. I'm not sure if you are feeling like there was something more you could have done to train him better or not, but I'm here to tell you that you can do the basics of training all right and they will still make errors. What I had to learn is my son has his own life story that needs to unfold. Some of it has gorry details that hurt my heart from time to time, but now that he's 21, I realize it was all necessary for his maturity.

Mistakes happen so we can learn from them. Thank God it was only a BB gun lying around and not a real gun. Count it all joy because what could have been coming up in the future is an opportunity for a real gun to be shot, but because he will learn his lesson with the BB gun, we won't have to worry. EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON (I know this is cliche but true in so many ways).

I'm praying for this situation...STAND in there Hindsfeet!

huggins Thank you Cholette! I don't want to go through anything like that again!
I agree. I just hate seeing what his future could be just by one incident. I hope he's learned his lesson, he says he has.