Dream Of A Big Flood

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream Of A Big Flood

Post by Habakkuk on Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:50 pm

Last night I had a strange dream. I am not even sure whether it means anything at all.

Anyway, in this dream I was holding an interview with Gorbachev about the rumour of a soon to come catastrophe. Gorbachev downplayed the whole thing, and then, all of a sudden, there is a massive wave coming from behind him. It was several stories high. I was the first to see it and shouted something. Then Gorbachev and his bodyguard turned around and we all started running. His bodyguard was the fastest, and started the car. I jumped into it, and the bodyguard stepped on the gas. I had to tell the bodyguard to drive slower to let Gorbachev in, and even leaned backward to open the door for him. After he was inside the bodyguard drove at full speed away. I felt safe and was sure that we would escape with the car, but through the window I could see lots of normal people who had no realistic chance of escaping the flood running away in panic.

Habakkuk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dream Of A Big Flood

Post by Habakkuk on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:59 am

I didn't know at the time when I posted this, but it seems that Gorbachev sided with the protesters who demand new elections.

Anyway, in accordance to the worksheet http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/t8452-dream-worksheet , here are some more things.

1.) What is on your heart that you may have been praying or thinking heavily about the day or week/month prior to the dream?

Lots of trouble and worries. Some have nothing to do with my faith, or how I feel about or how things are in this world, while others deal a lot with them. The latter are more about Israel, and its immediate neighbours though. I never really gave Russia much of a thought in this context.

2.) Next, write out the dream.
See my first post.

3.) Now, leave out the details in the dream, the symbols, the actions, etc., and only write how each and every symbol, action, word, situation, etc., made you feel.

When I was holding the interview I asked Gorbachev about the rumor of an upcoming flood. He downplayed the danger and was very jovial, but I had the feeling that he acted like that for political reasons. Then I saw the flood and was shocked. My words were rather explicit actually. Then we, Gorbachev, his bodyguard and I started running. The bodyguard was the first to reach the car, which did not surprise me, as he obviously was in perfect physical shape.

When I approached the car, I thought that it would be natural for the bodyguard to let me in too, but I remember how his face gave me the impression that he was thinking about whether he should really let me into the car or not. A moment later his facial impression implied that he had come to the conclusion that there was no good reason for not letting me in, and I got into the car.

Then, when he stepped on the gas I was worried for Gorbachev. The bodyguard was speeding and I could see how Gorbachev was running after the car, not being able to outrun it, of course. The bodyguard did not seem to care though. This did not feel right to me and I shouted at the bodyguard and leaned – I was sitting in the front on the right, next to the driver – back to the left backdoor. I was mightily worried that the bodyguard might simply speed on, but the bodyguard stepped a bit off the gas giving Gorbachev the chance to get into the car. Still, I could not shake the feeling that the bodyguard only did so, because he was worried that my actions could endanger his own life, if he should not give in.

After Gorbachev had entered the car I felt tired. Then, when the bodyguard was speeding, I felt a bit scared again, but at the same time I felt save because I trusted his driving skills. He had the necessary training, and I knew that his egoistical wish to safe himself would also safe me and Gorbachev.

Then I saw the people outside. Normal people who were scared and without any real hope to escape. I felt sorry for them, but I felt scared and helpless. I also felt safe, but I was stunned at the thought that so many people were about to die.

4.) How did it turn out?
There was no clear outcome. The dream ended when I saw all the regular people outside of the car. So no, I cannot say for sure whether the escape was succesful.

5.) What is the overall theme?
I don’t know. Maybe that I do not have everything under control, but that I can still do quite a bit to influence the situation? I mean, *I* was not driving the car, but I shouted the warning, and I influenced the bodygard to do his job. Also, why Gorbachev? Is there really a connection to the current protests in Russia? I do not know.

6.) Where did it occur?
It happened in a big city with lots of skyscrapers. Also, the flood might indicate that the city is close to a coast, but I have no idea as to which city it was exactly.

7.) Who was in the dream?
Gorbachev, his egoistical bodyguard who should be a bit more concerned about his client’s safety, I, and a lot of bystanders. But what does this mean? That I am about to manipulate an egoistical person in order to get him to do the right thing? Also, why Gorbachev? Is there a connection to what is going on in Russia right now? I have no idea.

Habakkuk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Habakkuk on Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:13 pm

Russia seems to have good connections to Iran, which makes me wonder whether this dream was also connected to the other two dreams I posted about earlier.

http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/t15040-2-dreams-that-are-probably-linked

Habakkuk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud on Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:09 pm

Not sure.

I think it's an unspoken fact that God only gives dreams that are relevant to us...whether about our lives or where we live.

Like I dreamed of Barak Obama once but I couldn't place its significance at all and I don't care about it anymore.

Cloud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:55 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top