Someone died... help! Is this prophetic?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Someone died... help! Is this prophetic?

Post by Grey Butterfly on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:03 pm

Hi guys,

I dreamed that someone I love had died.

It was the next day and the person's spouse called me to complain that I hadn't come to see her yet... she is not an early riser and it was only 7.30am, so this surprised me. She drove to my house then, and I went in her car to church. The church was saying goodbye and thankyou to a man and his wife (different people - unrelated to the other people in the dream) who were leaving the area (this really happened at our church last week - I was not there, so this isn't a "memory") While the church service was on, I went outside and cried. When I got back everyone was gone.... there is more then, about the womans car breaking and going racing around without a driver... then more about being at a cafe and telling her to sit opposite a certain seat cos' her husband was sitting in the other one and I could see him and speak to him... One other thing is that I was sad about not having given him a painting before he died... I wiped off a painting of his face (paint was wet) and planned to do a painting of him for his wife - that feels odd now, cos I could just give her the one I already had... why wipe it off?? but it didn't feel odd in the dream.

My thoughts are that there is nothing I can do to change this. He had already died in the dream. The time marker (the farewell to the man) has passed in real life and that makes me feel that this will happen soon... the fact that the next day in the dream is a Sunday makes me feel it will happen before Sunday. Then there is the wiping off of his face, and the driverless car...

I am planning to visit him... I am trying to think of a way to encourage his family to speak to him this week without freaking them all out...

I am so hoping that someone here will have a totally different message from this!!!

Blessings, thanks for reading

Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Someone died... help! Is this prophetic?

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:15 pm

Hello, Diane -

I don't have an interpretation of the dream for you. I'm hoping that it doesn't mean a literal death. I read your post earlier, and it's been on my mind since then, so maybe there is a different meaning...I was thinking that it might be about a period of being separated, as in removed from your life for a time.

I looked at Mia's Dream Dictionary page, and the only thing it lists after Death is Divorce. In no way am I saying that this is the meaning. That does reinforce the idea of separation, though. So, hopefully the feelings in the dream were exaggerated along with the death itself - the sadness, the chaos in your friend's life (her car out of control).

I don't mean to guess, and I'm very sensitive to death-type dreams because of what they could mean to the dreamer...so like I said, please keep in mind that I'm only considering an alternate meaning.

Take Care,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:08 pm

Just went to visit and he looked very healthy - LOL so glad :o)

Thanks Mark, perhaps it does mean something else. I am going to have a think and pray about what these particular people could be symbols for in my life (and keep hoping it isn't literal)

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:30 pm

Hi Greybutterfly~I was also having similar thoughts to mark...hoping that this is not a literal death. I was thinking that maybe there could be some kind of loss coming to the family separate from physical death. Also, another thought that came to mind was the possibility that these people could symbolize someone else. My thoughts were that no matter if it is about a literal death, a divorce/separation, or any other kind of loss...that maybe it is to bring this to prayer/intercession for them. If this was me that dreamed this, I would really really wait on God and get a super clear word from Him before telling your friends about the dream. I pray that the Lord will give you confirmation and discernment of the meaning of this dream.

My post is by no means a interpretation, only a fellow believer sharing my thoughts. Please pray on whatever I have posted, and toss what is not a fit for your situation. Bless You

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:59 pm

Hi guys, Thanks!

It isn't literal.... I'm quite sure now. (I will be very surprised if it is in any case...) phew!

Once I read your words Mark, and after having visited and seen that all is normal, I began to think on how else to see this and about what was on my heart as I went to bed.

I have been reading a book (not allowed to tell which I guess) but it is about how furiously God loves us... it has been a book that I have only been able to read in small doses because it is so very good and reading it was like having God play music on my heart strings :o)

Anyway, I have been peeling back layers and seeing God as my loving Daddy... and myself as Daddy's little girl. It has been an emotional couple of days! Last night, before I went to bed, I was praying deeply.

Now, this matters because the person who died in my dream is my Father in law. I believe that my Father in law is symbolic for the God who is pedantic and punitive... the God that needs me to protect him and keep him happy and who needs me to pretend because I don't want to cross him. I believe that God used my Father in law (who is very dear to me and not like that at all) because of the name... because the God picture I had up on the wall of my mind was very much "in law" - God often uses word plays in my dreams.

So, after all that... I don't believe it is for them or about them at all. It is about my own relationship with God and the next step in it.

Thanks for your help guys, I really really appreciate it!

Blessings, Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:26 am

That is a relief, Diane! I'm happy to hear that you've received revelation on this dream!

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by greyfort on Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:59 am

That is a wonderful interpretation of the dream! Wow. One of the things that I love about God is how much He uses symbolism.

greyfort

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:34 am

I have to agree with the others. Death in a dream can mean a death to an idea, a situation or the loss of something in their lives but not necessarily an actual physical death. Like the others I want to note this is not an interpretation but my thoughts as I read your dream. I pray it is beneficial for discernment.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:44 pm

Thanks Connie :o)

It has helped heaps - thanks to all of you!!!

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:35 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top