Caring for a bird of prey

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Caring for a bird of prey

Post by Grey Butterfly on Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:40 pm

Hi all,

Last night, I dreamed I cared for a bird that resembled this bird in colouring...

The bird I dreamed of probably doesn't exist really... it was a bird that flew onto my arm and held on (not webbed feet) it was really too heavy for me to hold there for long... it was about the size of a domestic duck. It had a long neck like a duck, but it had a beak for eating meat, like an eagle. I fed it bits of steak. [the aim was to care for it and then release it]

The bird fell asleep in my arms, I had my hand over it's eyes to calm it and it slept deeply, it's feet were even asleep... I tried to stand it beside me to take some of it's weight, but it's feet were curled up and (like a dead birds feet) The bird loved me, it thought I was it's parent... it felt special that the bird would come to me - but would bite anyone else. I showed the bird how to build a nest by putting my futon mattress on the floor and asking it what corner it wanted... the bird chose and I got on my hands and feet and pushed the futon back with my feet till it was a comfy round "nest" I popped the extra meat in the middle of it to encourage the bird to get into it... I put my littlest child (younger in the dream) into the middle of the nest (on top of the bits of meat!) because she wanted to try it and then pulled her back out and encouraged the bird to hop in. this was supposed to teach the bird to build a nest out in the forest by scratching leaves into a pile with its feet! (I think I made the "nest" at the preschool where I worked when I was 18... and I think I was sitting with the sleeping bird at a [childhood] neighbours house - but I was not a child in the dream)

I watched a movie called "oceans" last night which had birds in it... it was about the oceans though, fish, dolphins whales etc were all in it too, so I don't think it came from there...

Any ideas?

Blessings, Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Caring for a bird of prey

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:27 pm

Hiya, Diane -

Just my thoughts, but have you taken on a responsibility that no one else could manage? Something that seems natural to you (you may have had many years of experience with it), but at the same time is still a bit much for your strength alone?

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:56 pm

I was going to ask the same as Mark hee hee

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:39 pm

Yeah, I have.

I am reminded now, that I posted another dream recently that ended up being about it too. I might go back and read it again :o)

I don't know why I keep dreaming about it... It isn't like I need to be instructed to do it... maybe this dream is showing me that it is temporary. That I need to pour love and time and attention into it - but be prepared to release it.

blessings to you both :o) Thanks for showing me that it had meaning - I couldn't get past the bird :o)

Thanks, Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:47 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top