Dream to be Interpreted::Pastor's Family/Problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream to be Interpreted::Pastor's Family/Problem

Post by ncornett on Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:09 am

I had a dream last night that prompted me to find this forum because it really confused me.

I was watching one of my pastor's sermons and I wasn't in our actual church building..it was more of a traditional sanctuary and I was on the front row. After he got done preaching, everyone was getting up to leave and I decided to just sit. He came down off the pulpit and asked me what was wrong and I told him nothing. He asked again and I gave the same response so I'm guessing he got frustrated because he walked away.

A couple minutes later, his wife came and set beside me, rubbed my back and asked me what was wrong in a sweeter tone of voice and I told her that I felt worn out and tired. Then I cried a little. After a while, the pastor came back and set beside me and I still didn't want to talk to him. The pastor's wife told me not to be afraid to talk him because he was the one who sent her in the sanctuary to be with me. Then, the pastor nodded in agreement, gave me a hug and I woke up.

This dream just kind of confused me because, although I love their leadership and admire their lifestyle, I don't have an intimate relationship with my pastoral family mostly because I attend a mega church.

If anyone could give me some insight on this dream it would be greatly appreciated.

ncornett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dream to be Interpreted::Pastor's Family/Problem

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:24 am

Welcome, NCornett -

These are just my thoughts, so please weigh them for yourself and disregard what doesn't fit.

The general theme of the dream appears to be that of surrender, vulnerability, intimacy. I do not think that the pastor or his wife represent themselves. Mia's page about People says that pastors can be symbolic for other Christians. The way you related in the dream makes me wonder if they represent the Father, and the Holy Spirit sent as the Comforter.

How do you feel about God the Father vs. Jesus or the Holy Spirit? Relationship-wise, that is. From personal experience, it's easier for me to open up to Jesus than to the Father simply because of my own past issues...though that's slowly being overcome.

Like I said, these are just my thoughts. If you don't identify with what I wrote, then it's likely there's another meaning, and perhaps someone else can shed some light on the dream.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ncornett on Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:40 pm

This really resonated with me. I never set down and thought about they way I feel about Jesus v God v The Holy Spirit. I do feel as though I am closer with Jesus because I associate Him with salvation and God with wrath. Although, it worries me some now that this has come to my attention.

Thank you for your insight Mark. I really appreciate it.

ncornett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:10 pm

I only want to add that you don't have any reason to worry about it! The Father KNOWS this already, and He also knows what to do to change that.

These verses are for you - John 14: 9-11 "Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me..."

Jesus and the Father are in 100% agreement in all things. I believe that He will show you more and more of the love that is the Father.

Blessings to you,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ncornett on Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:04 pm

Whether or not you understand, I needed to hear that.
God Bless you as well!

nesha

ncornett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:59 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top