Consignment that sells coffee??? huh?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Consignment that sells coffee??? huh?

Post by Daisy on Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:04 am

My husband, kids and I were all at this place. Not sure what it was, possibly a vacation place or something. Then we started heading home and stopped into a store of sorts. I got a coffee but they gave it to me in a styrofoam food container that you would put carry out in at a restaurant. It was full of coffee, but there wasn't enough cream. I went back in to get cream. I seen my friends' sister in there, and she was kinda rude to me. I was taken back, but not really offended. I had a pair of infant girl sandals in my hands, and I was trading them in at this 'store' type place. My daughter is 7, so these would have fit her many years ago. I also had another type of clothing or cloth I was trading in. Kinda like a consignment shop that sold coffee... lol! There were quite a few people all around in this store. I am not sure if I got money or what from the cloth and sandals, but I was able to get rid of them so I wasn't trying to carry as much stuff around. The only thing left to carry now was my styrofoam square container filled with coffee! lol! rofl

Any thoughts appreciated... :thanks:

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Consignment that sells coffee??? huh?

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:12 am

Hi, Daisy -

Just a thought, but I wonder if the coffee/styrofoam container represents a boost of energy/encouragement/motivation that comes through an unlikely means...perhaps a person you wouldn't expect.

Not sure exactly what the sandals and cloth mean, but it seems like your being unburdened was what was really important here. Maybe the sandals are something that's no longer useful because it's been outgrown?

Just a thought,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:17 am

Thanks Mark!! That helps! thank you

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:31 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top