The Color Black

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Color Black

Post by SisterinChrist on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:47 am

so i dont think the color blak is alwys negative.. maybe it might mean unknown?

what would it mean if i was wearing something black, but the dream was positive, i was happy, giddy like a child?

Another example, i was wearing a "black bikini" i looked beautiful, was in a clear beautiful pool, bright outside gentle waves coming at me... i was glowing ...(lets say IRL i wud be so uncomfortable in a bikini, but i looked GOOD in drm)

What would wearing black mean? i know in these dreams has NOTHING to do with depression or oppression? or negativeness? at least doesnt seem like to me

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Color Black

Post by Daisy on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:40 pm

Well, I LOVE to wear black!! My husband always teases me, cuz he likes me to wear colors...mostly BRIGHT ones! lol! I don't like to draw attention to myself, thats just my personality. I love plain things, and I love black. Its just more flattering in my opinion, and I like that it makes me look a little thinner! I like that it conceals, instead of reveals. laugh Just some thoughts...

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by John7 on Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:49 am

Longtime no speak but Im back to the forum after an absence.

Interesting post and definitely connects to my situation. I had a dream regarding black and it didnt seem like a bad dream although I won't describe it in detail, it definitely didnt seem negative, so yes I am also wondering if black has a good meaning in some circumstances.

On another note Song of Songs associates black with handsomeness/beauty and being attractive. "His head is as the most fine gold, his locks are bushy, and black as a raven." (Song Of Songs 5:11)

Jetblack may be a sign of beauty/handsomeness in some circumstances.

Women always associate a handsome man with slick jetblack hair. Eg: "Tall, dark and handsome"

Although I do not claim to interpret your dream or the color, I find it very interesting as it related to a dream I had last night so I'm just exploring the issue.

Im sure God will reveal it in his perfect timing

John7
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Habakkuk on Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:06 pm

For me “black“ stands for strength, and strength is not always a bad thing. It can be abused of course, but strength in itself is neither good nor evil. Possible moral implications depend upon the circumstances in which the colour black appears, imho.

Habakkuk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by John7 on Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:30 pm

Habakkuk wrote:For me “black“ stands for strength, and strength is not always a bad thing. It can be abused of course, but strength in itself is neither good nor evil. Possible moral implications depend upon the circumstances in which the colour black appears, imho.

I also remember in the book of Genesis where God appeared to Abraham as darkness.

Also one of the gemstones on Aarons breastpiece in the OT was an Onyx gemstone, which is a pure black gemstone.

John7
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:04 pm

J7, been a while! thanks for stopping by!!! Welcome back!

i like what you wrote.. Blck is not always a negative color.. i def think my dreams were postive... thanks for helping share some good thoughts

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:05 pm

Habakkuk wrote:For me “black“ stands for strength, and strength is not always a bad thing. It can be abused of course, but strength in itself is neither good nor evil. Possible moral implications depend upon the circumstances in which the colour black appears, imho.

Hi Habakuk..thank u! thats a great point!!

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:33 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top