Closing doors

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Closing doors

Post by tbsmilesbig on Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:36 am

Hi all,

Quick question. Does closing a door in your dream from the inside of a room have the same meaning as closing a door from the outside?

In my dream last night I was talking to a friend in an office building (we were in a meeting room or boardroom of sorts). The door was open (I also remember seeing a screen door as well, which is strange in an office Scratch Chin ). Anyway, I started to close the door because there was a lot of noise and talking coming from outside, but he beat me to it. We continued talking after the door was closed, with no outside noise.

Thanks and many blessings!

tbsmilesbig

tbsmilesbig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Closing doors

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:10 pm

Hi, tbsmilesbig -

I would think that the meaning could be similar...the difference to me would be keeping something inside vs outside, depending on where you are and where the "something" is.

When I read your dream, the first verse that came to mind was Matthew 6:6 - "But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

At first glance, the dream seems to be about shutting out distractions and having privacy. And my first thoughts were about prayer. Have you been wanting more privacy/alone time with God, lately? Or...maybe you get that time, but have other things on your mind that serve as the outside noise during that time? Since your friend also wanted the door closed and beat you to it, that could be God taking care of those things that interfere with your quiet-time.

Just my thoughts, here. Please toss them if they don't fit.
Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tbsmilesbig on Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:49 pm

Thanks, Mark. I'm still processing this one because there were a couple of other things that happened before and after this part of the dream.

tbsmilesbig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:16 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top