Could I have represented someone else in my dream?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Could I have represented someone else in my dream?

Post by Shan on Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:21 pm

I had a dream which took place in 3 scenes:

In the first scene I dreamt I was about to get married. It was about three days before the wedding and I was in a swank hotel that looked like it was in San Francisco. I had an assistant assigned to me by my fiance to wait on me, etc. I was talking with my bridesmaids about how I couldn't go through with the wedding. I felt it just wasn't right. I gave my ring (which I knew for some reason was 3 karats worth $30,000) to my assistant and told him to take it to my fiance. My bridesmaids said I should keep the ring, but I said I couldn't because it wasn't right and I wanted no ties to him.

2nd scene: I was at my rehearsal dinner and was engaged to a man I didn't really know. I felt he wasn't a Christian. We were talking at the bar and I told him I couldn't go through with it. He was fine with it.

3rd scene: It's the day of my wedding. All the guests are seated and my bridesmaids were already down the aisle waiting for me. I was fully dressed in my wedding gown and was looking in the mirror at myself. I thought I couldn't go through with it, but I said to myself, "Isn't this what you've always wanted? The dress, the guests and for my extended family to know that I was finally getting married?" The thing is I've never really cared about the dress, etc., like a lot of women dream of. I have cared what my extended family has thought about me never having been married.

Here's where my question is. I have never been engaged, but God has shown me my husband. At the time of this dream I had a friend that was engaged to a guy that gave me great concern. I had been interceding for her regarding this. She had also been engaged once before, but has never been engaged three times. We also happen to have the same name. At the time of the dream, I thought God was showing me that I will be able to discern who is right for me and the things that may lure some into marriage, will not be the case for me. In the end, she did break off her engagement. I'm wondering if this was a prophetic dream for her or could this have dual meaning? I also considered that it may be a warning dream of some sort. This dream was over a year ago and nothing of the kind has manifested other than my friend breaking off her engagement. I was also wondering if us having the same name could have anything to do with me representing her.

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Could I have represented someone else in my dream?

Post by Daisy on Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:43 pm

Hi Shan! I have know that people can symbolize others in dreams, especially if they share characteristics etc. That would make sense. I have also wondered about the dual meaning of some dreams. I have also been told this is possible as well. To me, this seems to be a fit for both of the thoughts you had. But those are just my thoughts... Bless You

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:16 am

Thanks Daisy! I've been told the same thing, but never had experienced it. It does seem to fit.

Have a good day!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:32 pm

U too sweetie!!! :hooray:

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:03 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top