An Egyptian family's house ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An Egyptian family's house ...

Post by Stephanie444 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:38 pm

God used a dream to encourage me in prayer for a particular family.

When I was a college student spending a semester in Egypt, I prayed that I would get to meet a family whose salvation I had been praying for for years who I didn't know (I had only heard about them). The students in our group all had to stay with an Egyptian family for a week so I prayed that miraculously my friend and I would be placed with the family I had been praying for. One day my friend and I were fasting and praying and I had a feeling that the answer was "no". I felt God tell me quietly, "But maybe you'll meet another family who you'll care about." I resisted and told God I would not care about anyone else (so of course I ended up having a major experience with the Holy Spirit that week where he crushed my heart with the family we did end up staying with and I ended up praying for them really intensely also! Just like God to do that!)

So the first night I slept at this family's house - let's call them the S. family and the original family I was praying for who I didn't know the A. family, to avoid confusion - I had a dream. First, an important detail to mention is that the way I started praying for the A. family, who were an elderly couple and their daughters, was that they had had lost someone in their family who had been architect.

In my dream, my mom came up to me and told me, "I know what you're going to do with your life. It's nothing you're planning on doing now." "What?" I asked. "It's something sad." "What?" "An architect."

Then I was riding in a car through an area of Cairo that was all ruins - there are parts of Cairo like this that are really beat up. I looked out the window of the car and saw that the A. family's house was being destroyed and rebuilt to be turned into a church.

So what their house being destroyed and turned into a church means is pretty obvious. But the play on architect was very clever: the fact that my mom told me I was going to be an architect for one thing was "sad" because of their relative who died - but what it meant was that in praying for them I was "designing their new house" -aka, the church.

Awesome dream, huh?

Stephanie444

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Egyptian family's house ...

Post by Daisy on Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:32 pm

Wow! Yeah...SUPER AWESOME!!!! woo hoo God gives you some super cool dreams stephanie!!! :hooray:

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top