Sort of scary dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sort of scary dream

Post by Lara on Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:00 am

I dreamnt that I was at this lady's house I knew in my childhood and it was night time. My mother was there I think. I I went to check that the door was closed before going to bed and it wasn’t. No matter how I tried to close it the door it wouldn’t stay closed it seemed as though the deadbolt was broken. I felt a little afraid that it would let harmful stuff in.

Then I was at uni. My classmate who’d been MIA for the entire week due to personal reasons was there and I was surprised to see her. I started playing table tennis with another classmate that was there at the time. I remember thinking it would be great to be able to play really well so that I could impress the other people who were standing around watching. I started doing the Forest gump table tennis thing and played really impressively. I also thought that I would buy a table tennis racket set.

Then the dream changed and it was only me and the classmate again. The professor came in and gave us the assignments for that week.It was the same professor I have in real life. Interestingly enough he gave her one sheet and gave me the entire stack of assignments sheets which I inferred I was supposed to pass around to the others when they came.

Then the dream changed and I was in a car and passed by the hospital where my mother works. I ended up in the hospital. I think that there was something wrong with me. They said I’d have to stay over night. My mother’s friend said that she had packed some clothing for me. I went downstairs and got the clothing. My mother was with her. I looked through the stuff she had brought and it was indeed stuff from my current “wardrobe” along with a bottle of my favorite brand of water. I remember complaining how expensive the water was compared to prices in other places.

I ended up leaving it in the car and my mother and friend drove off. I took the suitcase and tried to find my way back to the section where you checked in. I crossed the road and I remember seeing these cars leaving the section of the hospital I’d just come from. I know people who are doctors and I remember thinking they are all staring at me.They will know something is wrong with me since I have this suitcase and will be checking in. Then as I walked to go to the other section the scenery changed. The road I was taking to find the hospital on both sides looking down all I saw were graves. I looked up to where I’d come from and I saw the hospital. I was hesitant to proceed further since I was seeing a cemetery. Then I looked up again and the other side where I’d come from was a full fledged cemetery and I saw a particularly but cenotaph saying DEATH on it. The hospital in the distance had turned into a church. So it was like I was seeing a church surrounded by graves. A statue of Jesus was on top of the peak of the church. I asked Jesus to help me as I was sure I didn’t want to take the path before me since it didn’t seem to be leading to where I was suppose to go. As soon as I did that I was lifted up into the air as though I was raptured, I said Thank you Jesus and the dream ended.

So I'm a bit freaked out to say the least. Does this mean that I am going to die?

Lara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sort of scary dream

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:04 pm

Hello, Lara -

These are just my thoughts: First, just to get it out of the way, I don't feel that the dream means that you're going to die. When I think of what you described with a hospital-turned-church and a cemetary all around, I think of this verse:

Deuteronomy 30:19 - "This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live..."

The dream seems to end well, considering you asked Jesus to help you and he clearly did by lifting you up. As far as real-life goes, what might you be facing right now that feels like the dream? Do you have an important choice to make? Are you searching for direction for something? How are you trying to find a hospital/church (as safe place for healing) in circumstances that you see could lead to death - not physical, but something that's detrimental to your spiritual health? Does this line up with anything you're in at the moment?

Kind of working through your dreams in reverse, here...I'm looking at the part where the doctors were staring: I want to ask you, are you looking to either go to a new church, go back to an old one, or maybe something similar but smaller, like a in-home or a campus-type church group...but have those same feelings in the dream where you're concerned about what people might think of you - like they'd think something was wrong? It could even be some kind of support group?

For the part where it was you and the professor - have you been given a task/responsibility that seems to be too much for you? The dream could be to show you that you weren't meant to do it all yourself - you should be giving others their part to do.

The table tennis part - anything stand out where you'd really like to see yourself operate at similar level of skill? Doesn't necessarily have to be table tennis :) If something comes to mind, your thoughts to purchase the racket set makes me think of getting involved in whatever it may be by beginning with making a small investment into the tools that you'd need in order to improve.

Finally, the first part of the dream - this seems like a subject for prayer. A door that you can't close on your own which, if left as is, is an opportunity for the enemy to enter. Or, at the least, if it's left as is it's an issue that keeps you from having peace. Asking Jesus for help will take care of it:

Revelation 3:7 - "...This is the message from the one who is holy and true, the one who has the key of David. What he opens, no one can close; and what he closes, no one can open..."

These are just my thoughts when I look at the dream, Lara. If what I've said doesn't fit, toss it out. I'm not claiming to have a definite interpretation.

Hope this helps,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by astra on Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:34 pm

Hi Lara,
I am not a dream interpreter by any means. I just wanted to encourage you to not fear. I know what it feels like after a dream like that (just had one of those myself few nights ago).
I've been reading and learning a lot about dream symbolism and I've heard many times that seeing a hospital in a dream might mean "healing", spiritual maybe? Graves, coffins etc mean that we've died to fleshly things for the Lord. You said the hospital in your dream turned into a church, which might mean your church is a healing place for you. Besides your dream did turn out good!

Sometimes the dream looks so scary but actually turns out to be a positive thing. I have no idea why it's like that. :idontgetit: I'd prefer to receive an encouraging message in a dream with green meadows, pretty flowers and birdies chirping. However in my recent dream the presence of the evil was so "real" almost tangible. I woke up barely breathing, and yet it turned out to be a dream of a glorious outcome of our intercession for a lady. :glory:

These are just my own thoughts and observations, please ignore them if it does not feel right for you.

Love in Christ,
astra

astra

View user profile http://www.for-god-so-loved.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:23 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top