Veil over my eyes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Veil over my eyes

Post by astra on Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:53 am

Hello everyone!
I wanted to thank everyone on this forum for being such an amzing help and encouragement for me. Also thank you for helping me with the interpretation of the dream that scared me so much at first.

This morning I woke up and could only remember clearly this part of my dream (it was alarming because of some symbols in it).
I dreamed that my daughter was going to get married to a young man who seemed very nice, decent, polite and all. I knew he had no mother so his aunt was his mother figure. We met with her (I did not have any particular feelings about her at all since I did not know her). I had good feelings about the young man though (kind of light and peaceful). It also seemed that he was kind of dependent (or obliged to have this aunt with him every he had to go). At least this is the impression I got.
We were discussing some things regarding wedding etc and we were going to meet the rest of groom's family. Before we went though his aunt all of a sudden had a veil in her hands. It looked like a string that you'd tie around your head. It had two triangle shaped pieces of mesh-like material that would fit over each eye (triangles were small, just to cover your eyes). There was also a thin lace just under the string to make it look kind of decorative/pretty). I've never seen eye-veils like that. Normally the smallest veil covers at least top part of the face, no just two triangles for each eye. In my dream the woman was holding a black one and I also saw a white one.

I was wondering why she had them and she said that my daughter needs to put it over her eyes so she would not see any other men other than her groom. I figured that she had to only wear it on her wedding day kind of like a symbol of her loyalty to her future husband. But the woman said, no, it needs to be put on right away and for the rest of your life. I also realised that I had to do the same and wear a veil.

So in my mind I was thinking - this woman is a total weirdo, we are not going to put any veils over our eyes - NO WAY! I started signaling my daughter to get out as fast as we can. We were going to see his family with the two of them in their car. I said, no we (my daughter and I) will go separately in my car (so we could escape from them). I also said I am going to drive and I can't put the veil on because I would not be able to see clearly and driving would be dangerous. So we went to the parking lot and the scene changed. I also remeber telling my daughter to watch who she is marrying. I said the groom could be nice, but his family members might be bad and they will make your life miserable.

I will be praying more about it, but so far I don't feel anything but "alarm" about the veils. I know what the veils mean - a lie, to cover my eyes not to see the truth. In this dream nothing seemed to make sense (at least not yet).

astra

View user profile http://www.for-god-so-loved.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Veil over my eyes

Post by daphanie02 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:09 pm

I just had a thought, the veil in this dream could be symbolic for loyalty throughout the marriage. In a sense, when we marry, we all must keep our eyes and heart in check so as not to look at others with lust in our hearts because of this verse: Matt 5:27 You have heard that it was said, You shall not commit adultery.
But I say to you that everyone who so much as looks at a woman with evil desire for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. so the woman in this dream could be speaking of guarding our hearts. Did she have a name? Sometimes it helps with the interpretation if we look up the name meaning.

Just a thought...
blessings!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by astra on Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:04 pm

Laura, thank you very much for your input. I looked at the meaning of the veils under this angle as well. It is a possiblility that the veils represented this. But the fact that it freaked me out so much speaks kind of against it. The reason I was so terrified of putting it over my eyes could also be because it is so much drilled into my mind that spiritual veils are of the devil and I constantly pray over myself and my family for all veils to be REMOVED by the Lord. And here I am having a dream where someone tells me to put them on!! sigh

The woman did not have a name, neither did she look like anyone I know at all. I forgot to mention that the groom-to-be almost had kind of slight "glow" of light around him. He never said a word during my dream. He wore a business suit and was holding some sort of brief-case in front of him while we were talking. I did not see clearly any of their faces though.

Another thing is, I usually listen to praise music all the time (when I possibly can) and when I spend my time with the Lord before bed. When I wake up I almost always have one of the songs of worship playing in my mind. After that dream I had this song playing in my mind "Power of Your Love" and SPECIFICALLY the place with the words "Lord, unveil my eyes, let me see You face to face." (I did not listen to that particular song the night before). So I take it as a confirmation of the veils being bad.

astra

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:31 pm

Hello, Astra -

Just wondering - is the marriage of your daughter something that could even happen in the relatively near future? I haven't read any of your other posts, so I apologize if you've given those details there. Is she dating, looking to date, etc...?

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by astra on Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:47 pm

Hi Mark,
no, my daughter is only 19 y.o., not dating and so far, according to her own words, is not going to get married (hope this will change eventually when she meets "Mr. Right" praying ). So far the boys she meets want something that she is not going to give them and I praise the Lord for this!!! She does want to date, she has not met the right guy yet.
I don't feel the dream was about her, however when I saw the young man in my dream I thought - Finally, someone nice for my daughter!

astra

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:15 pm

astra wrote:I also remeber telling my daughter to watch who she is marrying. I said the groom could be nice, but his family members might be bad and they will make your life miserable.

I see. I don't have anything to add about the veils, but I just wanted to comment about what you said here...Simply that this is pretty important for young people to understand, as you already know. So many don't realize that you are very much marrying a family in addition to the individual - to an extent, anyway.

Anyway, sorry to get a bit off topic! I have prayed for the purpose and meaning of the dream to be revealed to you.
Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by astra on Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:42 pm

Thanks, Mark! I do hope and pray that I'd start understanding what i am dreaming about. So far it's been quite overwhelming. I dream alot every night and I don't want to start obsessing over my dreams :-)

I have noticed that many of my dreams are about discerning. At least I think that's what it is. For example the night before I dreamt about going diving in a river with my sister (not a diver in real life, actually am afraid of depth). Before we went diving the second time (first time everything was OK), I saw a huge lion floating in the water belly up and thought it was too dangerous to go into that water because you can get attacked. And then I saw two huge black hairy pigs floating by. The smell was horrible and their hair was everywhere (sort of like dog's hair when they shed). The pigs belonged to a man who was standing on the beach. Someone was wondering how could they let these horrible dirty pigs go into the river on a public beach. I said they are probably their pets and they are used to their smell and don't even realise how horrible this is. So I somehow managed to drain the water out of the river and started to clean up the mess these pigs left (ewwww!). My dreams sometimes seem so crazy!

astra

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:01 pm

Interesting! This might just be me, but a dream like that makes me think that it lines up with a real life event. You probably know that not every dream we have is about a major event - in fact, a lot of them are about our day-in, day-out stuff. I personally get literal snippets of a real-life situation - usually very trivial things, like a piece of a conversation before it happens, or simple actions that I know I've had a dream about. Point being that God is very much involved in the "little things."

So, if I had your 2nd dream, I'd likely look for the two pigs in real life. Probably people that you see whose behavior makes everyone else's experience unpleasant. Since they belonged to someone else, my thoughts are that they are someone's kids. What stinks is that you were left to clean up the mess.

Like I said, I'm honestly just looking at it as if I had the dream. The downside (if you want to look at it this way) is that you were stuck cleaning up after someone else's inconsiderate behavior. The plus side is that God knew about it in advance and cared enough to let you know that he knew.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by astra on Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:36 am

Oh, wow! I never thought about it that way. For some reason I am looking at my dreams trying to findsome major warning about sins, strongholds etc and never consider that it can be just daily things like you said. This kind of takes a big load off my shouldres. I started to feel overwhelmed with all this dream interpretation stuff thinking there is major meaning in every dream and beeng afraid to miss something :-)

What you said about the pigs makes me think about my boss at work. It kind of sounds like him :-(
Thank you very much, Mark for your help! I really appreciate it!! God is so GOOOD! All the time!

astra

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:05 am

hmm..I wonder if the veil represents some kind of spiritual veil that would hold someone back spiritually? Like some type of denomination that has certain rules to follow? Everything may seem great at first, but the veil over your eyes could be symbolic for the one thing you wouldn't compromise on which would be your clue to get the heck out of Dodge! again just my thoughts...I hate to take jabs at dreams like this but this one's really got me thinking. I really commend you for paying such good attention to your feelings in the dream! That really helps so much to understand what the true meaning is!! huggins
I pray the Lord provides clarity and full understanding to you soon!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Odhiambo on Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:43 am

Dear Astra,

Thank you for sharing what is disturbing you. All of us have no interpretation of our own, we miss it ALL the times thats why we place some of the posts as mere thoughts, so you will bare with me as a person because the real interpretation comes from the Lord. I have read this dream two times and this is the third time I am back to share what is in my heart. I will not say this is my thoughts though but what is heavy in my heart right now as I prayed. Maybe God may use it to shed more light on what has happened or happening or what will happen. One thing I am sure about is that This is purely awarning dream, I am also sure it involves your daughter as the main player then yourself.There are alot of questions that are in my heart concerning your daughter, I doubt her walk with God ( I say this lovingly) I also see the wedding you see here as strong symbolic of a secret society or religion and clear departure from the wisdom and DEPENDENCE on God. I do not say she is involved but their is a spirit that wants her recruited into this marriage covenant with the false supernatural light, the white triangle and black triangle are symbols of false belief, pride and arrogance. Does your daughter has beliefs or choices that have not been well explained to you? Does she practice Yoga or is she connected to someone in yoga? or generally connected with people of not her faith? what about world music? or generally what you do not agree with. The woman Aunt is revealed to you as an angel of darkness masquerading as light and initiator of the covenant. The young man might be in real life BUT a lot of the way i see HIM in the dream is symbolic as this marriage is symbolic of demonic entry and covenant. The veil is desception both for you and her and it resists the light of God in this sense. Its negative. Normally in the bible the veil is negative meant to hide something, in most cases the true light of God and face of God so that the light of God and descernment does not come through in your heart.

I hope you will pray about what I share here Astra, also be watchful about what I have said, perhaps many things are hidden to you just as to me.

God bless you so so much,

peter

Peter Odhiambo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:09 pm

Peter, I totally agree! I was on Facebook a second ago and saw an invitation from "Unveiled Wife" The Lord gave some revelation to me. When we accept Jesus, we enter into intimacy with Him and the veil is removed! Anyone who suggests we place the veil back on is teaching false doctrine.

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by astra on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:50 pm

Hello Peter,
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts and concerns with me. My daughter was very close to God when she was a younger child, but at some point during her teenage years "rebelled" like many other teenagers. She is a bit of a drama queen and I've heard from her on some occasions "why does God hate me so much?!" - usually I'd hear that if she had a cold or a boy she likes does not pay much attention to her. I do not take this lightly and I am lifting her up to the Throne of God daily. I don't think there is a n angel in Heaven who does not know about my daughter's need of salvation. The Lord is moving so amazingly though and even though I haven't seen the manifestation of her salvation yet with my physical eyes, I am seeing great changes in her. Praise God! I have also received several amazing confirmations from the Lord that He is moving in her life!

However I do not think this dream is about her though. Last night I had another dream which I believe is connected to the veil dream. I got the same feeling of urgent need to get out (multiplied several times from compared to the last one).
In this second dream I was on my computer (usual thing for me in real life) and was reading something about prayer or praying on a christian message board. The board webiste did not look like any I'd been on.

All of a sudden some sort of crude distasteful joke appeared on a page that sometimes people send through email. I must clarify that in real life I DO NOT read jokes like that, nor do I ever receive anythng like that in the mail or anywhere esle. So I am not exposed to this sort of things. I am also NOT around people who would talk like that as well.

So this terrible thing kind of quickly got out of control and almost overtook over the whole page. In total panic I was hitting the back button on my browser to get out of this, but could not. I felt like a cat dropped in a tub full of water scrambling to get out. And then I woke up. Again I was frozen in total shock that I had a dream about such awful thing.

And here's what is happening in real life: just a couple of days ago I stumbled on a video on youtube of a person who was reading a prayer that I thought was absolutely biblical and amasing praying over practically every area of yoru life covering with God's protection, based on the Bible, Psalm 91 etc. I found few more prayers like that of the same person and created a "playlist" in order to listen daily and pray to cover myself and family with God's protection. I also did a research online about the person himself to see if someone I already know well and trust (like Sid Roth, Kenneth Copeland etc) had said anything (good or bad) about this person. In my own mind I absolutely could not find any "red flags" about the prayers.

I am always VERY VERY careful as to whose preaching I am listening to. I do not want to expose myself to any false teachings.

But the strange thing, I felt something like a bit of uneasiness when I listened to prayers. I could not figure out what it was and dismissed it due to maybe some "religious spirits" trying to lie to me. The next night I had the veil dream, but still could not connect the dots.

The next night I had a great urge to listen to a video I've seen many times before and had a great time with the Lord. After that I again listened to some of the above mentioned prayers and got "scratchy" feeling again. It was ver very subtle. I stopped and again I had this terrible dream that I've described above. In the morning the first thing I did was delete that playlist with those prayers. I figured that if the dreams stop it means that this is what it was about. If not,'I'd have to dig deeper.

I still cannot figure out what it was about that person's prayers. But if the Lord tells me to stop, it's a definite "NO GO" for me.

Thank you very much, Laura and Peter, for taking your time and helping me to figure this out! God bless!!!

astra

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:10 pm

I just wanted to give a bit more advice based on my own experience.. I've found that if I have a repetitive dream, it's about a future event. Once the interpretation has either been revealed to me from the Holy Spirit, or has manifested, the dreams stop.

It may be that your daughter is symbolic..I felt the over all theme of the dream was the devil trying to offer you false doctrine, or that you will be in a situation you're ready to get out of because it doesn't agree with your belief's. It's nothing that happened that you could control..we live in the world and the devil is constantly at work... This was a warning, that came with the end results...PRAISE GOD you fled!!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by astra on Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:28 am

Thank you very much, Laura!! It helped me a lot. I just had another "warning" dream last night. I seem to keep having them every other night :-( I understand the meaning of them, but cannot find a situation that I can apply them to. But like you said it can be of a future event and I won't know till it happens.
Thanks again, your comments have been a great help and a blessing to me!!!

God bless,
astra

astra

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:08 pm

Oh yay I'm so glad!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Odhiambo on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:17 am

Astra,

God is in control just do not be afraid of what the devil can do to you. Where light is darkness disappear because of this truth. Keep on trusting God in prayers, and reading his word. There is too much of his truth by just reading his word and learn through the holyspirit. Something is being presented to you as false, just take care you and your household.

Thank You Laura, I am seeing it better.

God bless you both,

peter

Peter Odhiambo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by astra on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:42 pm

Thank you, Peter very much for your encouraging words!! Yes, He is in control. Amen to that!

God bless,
astra

astra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:38 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top