• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
butterfly

The word of God, the bible, is a sword

Subjecting your thoughts to Jesus Christ

2 Corinthians 10 verses 3-5

[3] For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
[4] (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds
[5] Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ

Notice that we are to cast down imaginations and bring every thought to the obedience of Jesus Christ. So ensure that you are purposely thinking the right things, don't allow your mind to wander or to become empty.

Philippians 4 verse 4

[4] Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.
[5] Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
[6] Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
[7] And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
[8] Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
[9] Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Whenever you have a thought that is contrary to the word, use the word of God like what Jesus did when Satan tempted him so for example if a lustful thought comes to your mind say, 'Because I am in Jesus Christ I have crucified the flesh with all it's affections and lust.' You can also think this scripture in your mind as well over and over again.

Galatians 5 verse 24

[24] And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

If you are thinking angry hateful thoughts say 'Although I am angry I will not let the sun go down on my wrath'

Ephesians 4 verse 26

[26] Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

If you are thinking fearful thoughts say 'For God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind'

2 Timothy 1 verse 7

[7] For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

If you are feeling sad, thinking depressing thoughts, say 'This is the day that the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it.

Psalms 118 verse 24

[24] This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

I use to wake up every morning in a bad mood and what God told me to do every morning is to say 'This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it'. About 2 weeks after this I noticed I wasn't in a bad mood as before.

The word of God is quick and powerful, sharper than any two edged sword

Hebrews 4 verse 12

[12] For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerned of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

So bring all your thoughts subject to Jesus Christ, when a bad thought comes to your mind speak a bible scripture that is relevant to the thought you are having. Repeat the particular scripture as often as you need it.