PRAYING WITH MY MOTHER

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PRAYING WITH MY MOTHER

Post by ellycat316 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:21 am

I dreamt that my mother, who in the natural is deceased, was in the hospital. She asked me to pray for her, so I held her hand and prayed for her.

Next scene: My mother, a friend, Sandy, and myself were sitting on bleachers waiting for my young daughter (who is all grown now) to get out of school. Sandy was sitting behind us, & I asked her to come sit with us on the same bleacher. I don't think she did. I could see the children being dismissed from school at a distance. When I did not see my daughter, I approached the school and asked where she was and they said a certain place across the way. This was not an unusual occurrence. They often sent children to the other place to wait for parents pickup.

ellycat316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PRAYING WITH MY MOTHER

Post by I, A.M. on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:53 am

Are you still grieving for your mother - and times past, by any chance? I have dreams of doing things with my mom before she died in 2005. I don't really know the interpretation of them but it's almost as if I am attempting to recreate a life, in times past, where she is still alive today.

I, A.M.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ellycat316 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:23 am

HI,
Like your Smileys. Thanks for your response. Of course, I could never forget my mom. There is always so much around me that reminds me of her, and I do miss her sooooo much. Once I even heard her call my name when I was in bed. I just had another dream about her before I awoke this morning. I know that dreaming of one's mother can represent many things including THE CHURCH, THE HOLY SPIRIT, THE PAST, ETC. I know it must be very hard for you to "let go", but I ask the Lord to give you peace about it in Jesus' name. Be at peace my dear.

ellycat316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by I, A.M. on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:20 am

Thank you, Ellycat. Once when I was missing her, a praying man told me I could pray to Jesus & ask Him to give her a message from me. So I prayed & asked Jesus if He would tell her that I missed her & I loved her - and I wished there would have been more time to spend with her on earth. It helped relieve a lot of grief ... but I still go through periods of time where I miss her.

I, A.M.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ellycat316 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:02 am

Remember the good years, but don't dwell on the past. The Lord uses everything we have been through to bring us to the place where he has prepared for us. Our part is obedience. Spend time with Him in worship and thanksgiving. Develop a personal relationship with Him (that's His desire). Thank Him for the things you desire even before you receive them. If your desires are in line with God's promises you got it made in the shade. You may be in the desert now, but only for a season. You will come out. He is ordering your steps. Stay strong.

ellycat316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by I, A.M. on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:05 am

Thank you. I am encouraged.

I, A.M.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:20 am

I agree and want to add one note. Remember that she is with Jesus. She will always live on in your heart. Hold dear your memories but remember that Jesus now takes the place of your mom. He became my mother and my father when my parents died. I took so much comfort knowing that they were with him and would never suffer again. I also took comfort knowing that the Lord will be there in place of them. He is our parents, guardian, counselor, guide, friend and confident. I pray this is a comfort to you as well.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:24 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top