Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daisychain

Please help! im so angry with God!

Im beginning to think if having a relationship with God if worth it because i dont seem to be getting anything out of it. Ok i'll start at the beginning. I really struggle with job interviews, ive had so many in the past and ive always come out feeling like a failure and totally humiliated because ive said the wrong thing or because ive said nothing due to my mind going blank because of nerves. For the last week ive been preparing for a job interview that i had today, i really wanted to get through this interview even if it didn't mean getting the job, ive being praying now everyday for God just to help me relax while im in there and to stop my mind going blank and basically just to help me get through it. when i got there someone came to collect me and took me to the interview room, i walked in and there was four interviewers there, my nerves were totally shattered, in my mind i was saying please god help me get through this. I sat down and in turn they all asked me some questions and guess what my mind went totally blank and i couldn't think what to say, i answered every question but just mumbled a load of crap! i came out totally humiliated again! im so upset i cant stop crying im never going to get a job at this rate, i really wanted that job too but i know i haven't got it. im such a failure! why has God let me down like this? im so mad with him I've told him to get out my life I've lost all faith in him crying

Daisychain,

First and foremost I am so sorry that this happened to you. God is not one to put fear into you. 2nd Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Anything that gives us fear that freezes us is not of God, that would be the handy work of the enemy. But praise God we can command him to go in Jesus name. Don't loose your confidence in God but embrace him and ask him to come back to your life. He understands that we get angry with him. He is our sovereign Lord. If you want to get angry get angry with the enemy.....he is the one at work here. When we ask God to help us we must have faith that he will do it. Be thankful in all things. Ask the Lord to go before you and to bring you peace. Believe that he will and have confidence. Know that he is God and that all things are possible through him. I pray this is of some help.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

thanks connie, i just cant get my head round why god would let the enemy do this to me, god is more powerfull he could of stopped this from happening, this has just made my fear of interviews even worse. Before i went to the interview i did have faith that god would get me through, how wrong was i. im just so upset by it all.

Hi daisychain...Im sorry your having a hard time right now. I wish I could be of more help, but all I have is a suggestion or two. Try and remember the all questions that you were asked in this interview. Also try and remember all the other questions you have ever been asked in an interview. Write as many down as you can, and practice answering those questions. The more you practice them, the more confident you will answer them in your next interview. I agree with Connie, fear does paralize us...but as you meditate on the Love of God (how much He cares for you) it will cast away all your fears. I understand why you would feel so upset right now, but you can use this experience as a platform for yourself for the next interview. I pray that Gods peace and love would SO be upon you now and in your upcoming interviews, that fear couldn't have any room in your heart or mind. I also pray for Gods awesome favor to be upon you...to open doors that no man can open and to shut all the doors that were not meant for you. praying

Dear Daisychain,
Praise God, for in Him we have all we need! I totally understand what you are going though. I'd like to encourage you because the Victory is yours already! There was time (not that long ago) when I did not understand it. I was going through difficulties, fought against them the best way I knew how, was losing left and right and thought that God just wants me to go through some battles to strengthen me or something :-)
But satan is a LIAR! I am not buying his junk anymore! Praise God!
I have some suggestions for you too, if you don't mid.
I know exactly how you feel during an interview. I've been there as well (too many times :-)). I believe the reason this happens is because of the pressure. At least this is what happens to me. But, glory to God, we don't have to be under any pressure at all, because Jesus, our Lord, has paid the price and we don't need to be paying it over and over again. What I feel is putting you under pressure is the lie of the enemy that you will get the job if you perform well during an interview. Dismiss this lie! You will get the job when God gives you the job! Praise His Holy Name! We are NOT our own providers, HE IS! He can give you a job even if you perform terribly during an interview. He can even arrange things so that your interview will last 5 minutes and only have a couple of questions :-) He is a God of miracles. Regardless of the interview length, number of people who interview you, or how you preform, do NOT put your trust into the wrong source!! Here goes the pressure!! Bye-bye, pressure!! WOHOOO! God is GOOOD!
The next thing I's suggest is to tear down that stronghold in your mind (the one that tells you lies about the source of your provision). Find the scriptures in the Bible that tell you that God is the only source of your provision (not only jobs!) and how generous He is when He gives!). I'd read them lout loud every day so you hear them - faith comes from hearing and hearing from the Word of God! Repent from having the stronghold and replace it with correct beliefs and EXPECTATIONS! It might take a little while to overcome it completely, but it's worth every minute of it. And all you have to do is watch God perform MIRACLES of amazing provision in your life! God is Good! All the time!! Tell Him that He deserves it!

Love in Christ,
astra

Thanks daisy and astra for your advice. Ive been thinking long and hard as to why this has happened but only god knows that, it all seems so unfair but god works in mysterious ways so maybe something good will come out of this situation who knows. Ive been sulking with god since yesterday :hmm: so maybe its time to go back and say sorry for calling him all those names yesterday sorry

Daisychain,

I think you may be right to go back and apologize. Just remember that he loves you no matter what. He understands!

Love in Jesus,

Connie

My son has speech apraxia--it's a condition that some people have after they have had strokes, where their minds know what to say, but the words just won't come out of their mouths.

My son hasn't had a stroke, but he has fought this condition all his life. Yet he can stand in front of a crowd and deliver smooth messages. Why? The answer is this in large part: practice, practice, practice. He would rehearse his speeches ahead of time to me, over and over and over again until I was cross eyed. The result? When he became an Eagle Scout and delivered a 5 minute speech in a large auditorium, there wasn't a dry eye in the place, the same with his graduation speech.

Is there anyway you could find a friend or two and have them play job interviewers and practice like Daisy suggested? There are some supplements my son takes that he says have been helpful to him, perhaps they could help you although you likely don't have the same condition my son has and a technique an occupational therapist recommended to us. Okay, well that's my two cents. I pray you learn how to jump over this hurdle because I know you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.

Thx for sharing deborah...I sent you a pm with some questions about this.

Thanks deborah. First of all well done to your son you must be very proud of him woo hoo does your son have trouble speaking because of lack of confidence? before my interview i went over and over in my mind what i was going to say ,i have no trouble when im on my own or with a friend its when i actually get to the interview and im sat in front of those people my mind goes totally blank its sooooooo horrible i just cant remember anything, its so embarrassing im not sure i can go to another interview again, i wish god would help me with this its so frustrating.

Yes he does struggle with lack of confidence at times--I know when he was only 15 and in the process of becoming an Eagle Scout, for his board of review he had to go by himself and sit in front of 10 men he didn't know who asked him questions about half an hour. I think this would be terrifying for anyone, much less someone who has trouble getting words out because of verbal apraxia. I know he was able to get through this because people were praying for him. David told me later a guy asked him a really tough, nit-picky question right off the bat during this interview. Because he had prepared so well, he knew the answer and it was like he won the room over right away. I know this was God helping him.

I think you may be suffering from a spirit of intimidation. I know a popular Christian author who has written a book about this--I can pm you details if you want. Intimidation has kept many Christians from flowing in the gifts they have and has stolen much from the body of Christ.

I keep thinking too of Matthew 10:19 and 20 where Jesus tells his disciples to not worry when they are brought before authorities : "....do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak, for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you." This may very well be a verse for you to stand on.

thanks beborah, yeh that would be good if you could send me the info. thanks again for the advice.

Hi Daisychain!!

Along with the others, my sentiments to you. How do you know you don't have the job? I ask that question because I went for a job interview with a Sheriffs Dept. Someone I knew put in a good word for me and I went for the interview. When I got in there, the same thing that happened to you, happend to me. There were three people as opposed to the one I was expecting. It shook me and I messed up EVERY question I had. When I walked out of there, I just knew that I didn't have the job. That night I tossed and turned because this would be the job of a life time for me.

As I woke up the next morning, an old choir song that I used to sing a LONG TIME ago was playing deep within my heart. It is entitled "What God Has for Me is for me". I knew that God was speaking and encouraging me. I didn't know that God was telling me that they would call me back for a second interview...which they did. I got calledback for a second and third interview. Right now, my name is on a "hire list" to become an employee of the Sheriffs Dept. The only reason why I'm not working is because the County put a freeze on all hiring within the department, but technically I got the job.

I say this to you because "What God has for YOU is for YOU". No bad interview, no person, no anything can stop the plan of God for your life. If I were you, I would go back to your Heavenly Father and let Him know that you put your life into His hands and whatever He has for you and whatever the process it is for it to come, you will submit to it. Your emotional outburst towards God doesn't change His mind about you, nor does it stop His plan for your life from happening. God's love is NOT conditonal and it's not based on what we do....

Be encouraged and allow God the opportunity to show you who He is. He's MIGHTY and SOVEREIGN!! I would even venture to say that maybe God allowed you to bomb the interview because he knew if you would have went in there with your ability, you would have gotten the job and He just may have something better for you...coming a different way. Trust him and His ability to get to you what He has for you.

hello cholette, thank you for your message. I don't know for sure that i haven't got the job, im just assuming i haven't,they did say they'd let me know Friday gone or today but i still haven't heard anything yet so its not looking good. On the Thursday night i was feeling pretty upset wondering why god didn't answer my prayer then later on i was looking up a meaning in the dictionary, just above the word i was looking at it said interview then above that it said intervene do you think this could be god telling me something or was it a coincidence? could it be that god intervened in my interview somehow?

Hi Daisychain,
I got your PM, but unfortunately the I am not allowed to send PM's or even reply to other's PM's :-(

WOW!! I am absolutely amazed at how our God works. Praise His Name forever!! Your testimony gave me SO MCH ENCOURAGEMENT!!!
Also thank you for sending your message to me. It ministered to me more than you know!
I must say that when I wrote you that post, I felt such joy and my heart was simply leaping inside me. When I was done, I loked at it and said to myself - Wow! Really?! I have got to note this and use it for myself :-)))

Thnak you again for sharing your joy with me and for encouraging me so much too!

God bless!
astra