Last edited by butterfly on Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ..................

Post by Lori Lane on Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:55 pm

butterfly you ask an intresting question. I don't believe I have the answer on that but I would like to share what I think. I wonder if Joseph did get all of his dreams correct, maybe the only ones we know about that the Lord choose to put in the bible. I believe while he was in service and in prison he was being prepared and developed for the time when God would use him to change history because those dreams needed to be accurate in order to change history. Some dreams are so important that History is in the making.

I also believe that you are right in that there are those whose gift it is and interpretation comes naturally and he was definitly one of them. But he was human and the bible says humans only see in part. Maybe Josphe did made mistakes, we just don't see them in history.

I can't wait to hear what others think on this question. I love your questions and I love that you are not afraid to ask them... :clap:

Lori Lane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:07 pm

My personal opinion is this...Joseph clearly knew that the interpretation could only come from the Lord. I think these days, we rely too much on books that tell us what different things mean as well as depending on OTHERS to interpret our dreams. Somewhere on this board or the Yahoo board, Mia posted something that stated that if God gave us the dream, it is HIS desire that we seek HIM for the interpretation FIRST. What we end up doing many times is, we have a dream and the first thing we do is run to an interpreter or a book to try to figure it out instead of seeking the Lord first.

I believe the interpretation can come naturally for ALL of us if we would wait on God to give it to us.

This is just my opinion. I do know that interpreters are needed because Joseph was needed to help the baker and the cupbearer, however I think the answer to your question lies in KNOWING that God is the ultimate interpreter and when we TRULY understand that, I believe things can flow naturally. Butterfly, I believe both you and Lori have a gift that seems to flow naturally. This is based on my own observation here... :okay:

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:25 pm

I totally agree with Cholette's post!

I think we all can interpret dreams as long as we remember that it is the Lord who is giving the dream and it's the Lord who gives us the interpretation. We have to be so careful especially when interpreting others' dreams to not force the interpretation and to work under certain principles i.e., to wait for the Lord to reveal it to us remembering that we may not get the interpretation immediately. Sometimes the Lord gives us the interpretation days, months or even years from when the dream took place....what's wondrous though are those times when we get the revelation long after the dream. Something will happen and we immediately remember the dream and then understand the connection....

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:21 pm

I think there are two other aspects to this as well....

I think that dream interpretation may be different than other spiritual gifts (e.g., discernment) in that God wants to communicate with all of us and will use dreams as a means to accomplish this...again, if we seek Him first for the interpretation, I believe we will receive it. And I do believe that there are some who appear to have a stronger anointing in this area...like if interpretation were a color there are some that have a pale, pastel version of this gift (light) while there are others who have a deep, vibrant, intense version of it. But all this means is that there are some who need more time to develop the gift.

Additionally, I think that we also have to be in a position to receive the interpretation...in my case, I've found it difficult to interpret dreams for the last week or so...I've been so busy that my mind has been too garbled to hear from the Lord. Our walk with Him will impact our ability to interpret dreams - if we're not in regular fellowship with Him, don't have regular prayer time, and aren't regularly in the Word, it's going to be more difficult to hear from Him. I've also noticed recently that I receive more interpretations when I'm fasting...

Personally, I've learned SO MUCH in the three months since I became a member of this community!! I can't imagine what the Lord will show us and how He will use us one, three, five years from now....

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:16 pm

Amen...amen...amen!!!!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Lane on Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:07 pm

Amen to all that! I agree whole heartedly. When we are in the precense of our God we are in a position to be a conduit of His revelation, power and ministry and all that involves! Praise God!

Lori Lane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:11 am

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:49 pm