I need some wisdom here...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I need some wisdom here...

Post by Shan on Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:53 pm

I've recently had a dream about revival breaking out at my former church that I believe to be prophetic due to circumstances unfolding as I speak. This dream excited me greatly as I love this church! My question is this: How do you know when to keep silent and when to share dreams like this? It would seem like it would be an encouragement to the members, but the opportunity has not presented itself for me to share. I have refrained from calling governing members because I don't want to be premature here and step out of line. My "gut" I guess is cautioning me because I believe "when in doubt, don't", but surely there are times when it is ok to share prophetic dreams for the purpose of encouragement. Anyone have any wisdom here or possible experience from something similar?

Thanks

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I need some wisdom here...

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:06 am

Hi, Shan -

Just my own experience...and it's something I'm still learning...but that is to not force it. When the timing is right to share, the Holy Spirit will prompt you to do so. If you don't feel released to share, then it's probably best to keep it for yourself until you do.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatFulServant on Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:20 am

Sometimes when someone is not in a place of authority and they share it with leaders, they the leaders may turn their nose down on it, because they have not seen it. If you are close to one on a personal basis you may share it. I had a dream about my church needing to up date their interior design and a stain being on the carpet. Which is very unusual because we are blessed to have a very nice church and we keep things up to date. I was almost shocked by the dream. What the Lord was showing me is that we needed to change or up date the way we were doing things in our services and clean some stuff up. I knew it was not for me to bring to anyone so I set and waited and prayed. Well the last 7 months we have made many changes and most everyone is refreshed where they feel like they have been born again again. What's nice about the dream is it confirmed to me that the Lord was speaking prophetically to me. Also there is a second part of the dream that I am directly involved in. With the first part being confirmed it has made me more excited about the second part. Watch and pray.

GreatFulServant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatFulServant on Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:28 am

Another thought Shan is if you do not have a track record of bringing prophetic things to the leaders its harder for them to receive it. God gave it to you for a reason. There is great rewards for those who pray and do things behind the scene. The first few verses may not be applicable but I am adding them for context.

Matthew 6

1Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

GreatFulServant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:49 am

Thank you Mark and GreatFulServant!!! Your comments are EXACTLY what I needed to hear. What you have said falls in line with what I believe Holy Spirit is having me do--not say anything for the moment.

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:33 am

I have also learned that a high percentage of what we are shown or what the Lord speaks to us is meant for prayer, not necessarily to be told...especially when it involves other people. If it is meant to be told, then as the others have said, you will DEFINATELY know the right timing.

I'm excited for your formal church

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:50 am

Thank you Cholette! I will continue to pray for this church and keep this matter to myself.

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:00 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top