Mountains covered by violent waves

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mountains covered by violent waves

Post by Stephanie444 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:39 am

What does mountains covered by crashing waves mean?

I thought perhaps it has to do with God's judgment because when the Bible talks about the waters covering the mountains (as in Psalm 104) it's a flood reference. Does this sound right? Is there any other significance to mountains covered by waves?

Stephanie444

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mountains covered by violent waves

Post by Daisy on Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:36 pm

These scriptures come to mind...but its not a mountain in the scripture...instead a ROCK...speaking of the storms of life coming against us....

Matt 7:24 “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.
26 “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”
28 And so it was, when Jesus had ended these sayings, that the people were astonished at His teaching, 29 for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

(p.s. just my thoughts)

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top