Moth Eaten Suit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moth Eaten Suit

Post by GreatFulServant on Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:52 am

Dreamed that I had my dark green suit on which I have IRL. Someone was standing behind me and I told them there was two safety pins in the back to adjust the size of it to fit me. They said there was actually 7 safety pins. Then I noticed the left side of my suit was in rough shape because of moths eating on it. The moths had eaten on it because it had been hanging in the closet. I then noticed the hem of my pant leg was torn and hanging down. The next scene I was standing in a door way with my jacket on, and in boxer shorts. I was talking to one the older elders in my church. His wife came into the picture, the feeling of embarrassment did not seem to stick out. The elder asked me what size of suit I wore and at first I said 46, but then I knew I have lost some weight and it was a 44. The size and weight loss is true IRL. He said that he one that can fit. I was surprised because he is built of a smaller stature. I thought how could this be, and reasoned in my mind maybe it is an old suit that he wore when he was younger. The moth eaten suit gave me a feeling of what IRL I would feel. Which is yuk I can not wear this, and I thought this could've been avoided by proper house keeping of keeping the moths out.

I have some thoughts on it, just would like to hear others input. I value the thoughts of others, because we can say the same thing different ways which gives additional insight. So anyone having thoughts and would like to post is welcome. Even if the previous post is what you think, but you feel led to say it a little different.

GreatFulServant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moth Eaten Suit

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:52 am

Just my thoughts, GreatFulServant -

Are you about to use a gifting that's been on the shelf for a while and are concerned if it still fits or is in good condition? Maybe been asked to do a task or participate in an area of ministry where you have past experience but haven't put it to use recently? If so, I think that the elder's offer of a suit is an illustration of God's grace making up for where you would feel rusty/out of practice.

Just a thought,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatFulServant on Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:58 am

LOL That's a little different slant but I like it, and I think it is accurate.

GreatFulServant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:14 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top