Spiritual Realm

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Spiritual Realm

Post by Chi on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:31 pm

Hi folks,

I wanted to know if a revelation (dream/vision/prophecy) being manifested is dependent upon what we do in the 'natural?' I understand that God knows the future and whatever He says must come to fruition but what causes the delay (apart from the obvious the enemy) why do some 'revelations' manifest more quickly than others? Is it because we are not staying in 'faith?' I say this because Israel did not enter into the promise because of unbelief (Hebrews 3:19) and God had promised them this but they looked at their 'circumstance' the giants.

Can the revelations be delayed because of unbelief? Faith without works is dead (James 2:26). Joseph had to wait ages I think 13 years before he saw Gods promise fully manifested but he was shown favour every step of the way. But are all delays a result of Gods perfect timing or are we in the wilderness to unlearn wrong habits?

I recall two dreams I had and two different people in two different dreams said one word, this term made no sense to me and coming from them it seemed odd and I had no desire to do this. However, after just over 1 year I recently made a decision to take a chance at something which low and behold I'm in the process of fulfilling that 'word' in those dreams. In hindsight I could have done this way back and when I look back part of my frustration was actually not stepping out to do this so the 'word' was fulfilled because I stepped out or did God know all along that I would do this and He caused the 'frustration' in order to fulfill His promise?

Chi nerd

Chi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spiritual Realm

Post by daphanie02 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:00 pm

Wow Chi that's deep. I'm still learning..so I can't say for sure..Like I said I'm still learning from the Teacher :)

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:54 pm

I agree, that IS deep, Chi.

I would think that some of the promises are dependent upon us having a part to play, and that, in turn, would affect the timing of the receipt of the promise.

Look at Deutronomy 30:10, just as an example: "This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live..."

God says there's a choice to make, so most certainly the blessing is dependant upon our taking action. As you mentioned about Israel entering the Promised Land, and their unbelief - yes, God knew it would happen, but they still had the choice. So, the promise was delayed. At the same time, we can be in the wilderness to unlearn wrong habits. Can we move the process along? I think so - otherwise we wouldn't be exhorted in so many places to seek God, to train ourselves spiritually, to grow in love, etc. We have to choose to do these things, so it would seem that the longer we delay making the choice, the more it would push back the fulfillment of the promised blessings.

And yet, God knows the exact timing all along...making the whole thing quite paradoxical for us of limited understanding.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:16 am

daphanie02 wrote:Wow Chi that's deep. I'm still learning..so I can't say for sure..Like I said I'm still learning from the Teacher :)

I can say the same for myself, it's a learning curve!

Chi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:29 am

TheWhiteShadow wrote:I agree, that IS deep, Chi.

I would think that some of the promises are dependent upon us having a part to play, and that, in turn, would affect the timing of the receipt of the promise.

Look at Deutronomy 30:10, just as an example: "This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live..."

God says there's a choice to make, so most certainly the blessing is dependant upon our taking action. As you mentioned about Israel entering the Promised Land, and their unbelief - yes, God knew it would happen, but they still had the choice. So, the promise was delayed. At the same time, we can be in the wilderness to unlearn wrong habits. Can we move the process along? I think so - otherwise we wouldn't be exhorted in so many places to seek God, to train ourselves spiritually, to grow in love, etc. We have to choose to do these things, so it would seem that the longer we delay making the choice, the more it would push back the fulfillment of the promised blessings.

And yet, God knows the exact timing all along...making the whole thing quite paradoxical for us of limited understanding.

-Mark

Thanks for this Mark, you made some valid points but it is interesting that Joseph waited, I believe, 13 years for Gods promises to be fulfilled and he seemed to do all the right things? It also seems that Joshua and Caleb entered into the promise but still had to wait a long time before experiencing this. I guess the ultimate question for me is can my blessings that God has promised be delayed because of my actions?

Chi

Chi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:13 pm

Chi -

I personally think that it could be. I've read about God's sovereign will and his permissive will. For the first, if God has decreed that something will happen at a specific time, then it will without delay. For the 2nd, if we have a choice to make or a part to play, then the results are affected by what we do.

A simple example is Giving. We're told that we will be blessed when we give. It's cause and effect. If we don't do our part by giving, we will not receive the blessing that's promised had we actually gave. On the other extreme, we are promised that Jesus is coming back. There is a specific time for that (that only God knows), but the time is set. That time is not influenced by what we do or don't do. It will happen no matter what.

So, I'd say, yes...your blessings can be delayed because of your actions. Like I had mentioned for Israel - they had the promise of the Promised Land. God, not being a liar, made that truthful promise to them. At the time that he made it, it was to all of them - not just the two who would ultimately have faith to receive it. The opportunity was there. At the moment of receipt of the promise, they missed their blessing through unbelief.

On an ultimate, eternal scale, Jesus says that God loved the WORLD...and that his will is that NONE shall perish...but, that blessing is only given to those that believe. Cause and effect. A part to play, a choice to be made.

I'll be honest, here. I struggle with the thought that my blessings are affected by what I do and don't do, because what I actually want is for God to bless me regardless of me - and, don't get me wrong, He does out of his grace - but I also know that if I don't do certain things, I can be aware in the moment of what I'm missing out on because of what I did. For the record, I'm not at all talking about a works-related salvation. All of this is completely separate from that. This is about the "extras." Conditional blessings.

Whew, enough of my rambling! As you said, this is a deep topic. And, in many ways, too deep for my finite mind to wrap itself around, entirely.

Take care,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:20 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top