Why can't I just take this shower?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why can't I just take this shower?

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:40 am

Good morning, everyone -

In this dream, I felt increasingly more frustrated as it went on. As far as real life goes, I had been frustrated at work quite a while back, but it's been managable lately. Plus, I got some really great news yesterday...so, I can't quite line up the feelings in the dream with anything that's going on right now. Ok, so the dream...

I'm at my parents' house and I want to take a shower. I enter the bathroom and go to start the water, and when I turn around I find that two of my cousins are standing in the bathroom. So, I lead them out of the room. I come back in and go to shut and lock the door. After I try a few times, I realize that the door isn't square with the frame, so I can't actually get it to latch. I decide to ball-up a towel and place it on the floor behind the door so that at least it won't freely swing open - it just wouldn't keep someone out if they pushed against the door. In fact, I had a thought that my uncle might walk in.

So, I open the shower and turn on the water. I close the shower door and go to take my shoes off, and I hear that the water has stopped running. So, I open the shower door and start the water, again - the knob just keeps slipping back into the off position. After a few tries, it stays on. So, back to taking my shoes off. I glance at the floor, and there's two pairs of my shoes - they're exactly the same, which made me wonder in the dream.

I'm about to continue getting undressed (it's just shoes so far), and I look in the mirror. I see that my left ear is full of blood! It wasn't dry, but I didn't think it was still bleeding. So, now I open the medicine cabinet to try to find some q-tips, and all of them are either dirty or used! I look a little closer at the ear in the mirror, and I can see a cotton ball inside. I pull one out, and then there's more. So, I end up pulling a few out, one after another.

FINALLY, I'm ready to get undressed and get this shower-thing done with! I notice that I've had on this light, zip-up green sweater (don't own in real life) that's new - it still had the tags on. I think the dream ends with me preparing to remove the tags.

Sorry for the length. As I said, the frustration built as the dream progressed.
Any thoughts?
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why can't I just take this shower?

Post by Shan on Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:30 am

Hi Mark,

The only thought I have is when you were taking the cotton out of your ear. It reminds me of all the times God stated that He was opening deaf ears. Since it was only the left ear, I'm wondering if you have or have had partial understanding or revelation on a subject that God is about to or already has given you full revelation on. I don't understand about the blood in your ear though. Also, left may be of some importance in this regard since it was your left ear.

Toss this if it doesn't fit. These are only my thoughts.

Shan

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:59 am

Hi mark...this sounds similar to how I feel when I just have 'one of those days'! Sometimes I will have a day that seems to just start out on the wrong foot and then it kind of snowballs throughout the day, the whole day being a ball of frustration, with nothing going the way I wish it would. Those are the days I cant wait till bedtime again...when I can go to bed and just start over tomorrow... lol! If it doesn't seem to fit anything you are feeling right now, I am wondering if this is something that may come about in the future. just some thoughts...

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:50 pm

Thank you both for your thoughts!

Shan - Interesting. I don't know what had happened within my ear in the dream to cause the bleeding. All I could think about was going about cleaning it up/out. There's plenty of things that I have partial revelation on, though, so you might be on to something with those thoughts.

Daisy - I know what you mean about having "one of those days!" I'm the same way: "When can I just get back to bed so I can start over?" It may very well be about the future, I'm just not sure. I don't want to attempt to tie everything in the dream together, but do you think it's a lesson to be learned? I was thinking just now that maybe when things are falling apart and just not working out that it might be related to my being able to hear from God? Like God might be saying..."Look at all the things not working out...now take a look at your condition (the ear). The problem is that you're not able to hear what I'm saying." The dream didn't feel like there was a "this is why" moment, but still... I didn't notice a problem until I looked in the mirror.

What do you think?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:24 pm

Well at first, it seemed like it was a privacy issue (could possibly be alone time with God, or people intruding), then you just wanted to be able to get clean...then like you mentioned you noticed your condition with your ear (could be God wanting to show you something that is hindering you and needs a closer look). I think sometimes there can be other things that need to be tended to first before we can get fully cleansed spiritually (like the reason why we do things, the heart of the matter). I think of my daughter, and how in the past we have focused so much on her behavior and I felt like we were constantly correcting her ALL the time. This was EXTREMELY frustrating for ALL of us involved...it was a vicious cycle of constant correcting, breeding disrespect and anger. I FINALLY read a christian parenting book that said, its SO MUCH MORE important to find out the reason BEHIND the attitude (the heart of the matter), rather than just the behavior alone....once you deal with the heart matter...the rest falls in place. We sometime slip and fall back into this pattern, but are much quicker to catch ourselves now. Does that make sense? I am not certain if this fits into the context of your dream or not...it just seemed to me that there were things that needed to be tended to and looked at FIRST in your dream before, the cleansing could take place.

I am not claiming this to be an interpretation, only my thoughts...plz pray on them and toss them if they dont apply.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:04 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top