Do You Remember Your Very 1st Dream or Nightmare?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do You Remember Your Very 1st Dream or Nightmare?

Post by doowop on Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:02 pm

I got the idea for this topic from CarmellO, who says that she remembers her very first nightmare and she was only 3.

The very first dream/nightmare that I recall having (although I'm sure this wasn't the first that I had just the first I remember) was when I was about 3 or 4 years old. I dreamed that I woke up to people screaming in horror. When I got out of bed and began to look around I saw that everyone had been killed except me. All the people in my apartment and in the whole building (as far as I knew) were killed. I didn't remember any of my family being home so the people in my apartment that were killed, I'm not sure who they were. But somehow I either saw in my head or saw in a dream who/what was responsible. There was a lionlike creature who looked like he was half-man and half-lion going around killing people. He stood on two legs like a man but he had a face and a mane and a body like both a lion and a man. I'd say his face and body were 85% lion and 15% man. The interesting thing about this creature was how he killed everyone.....

He did this by eating their stomachs out. As I walked around (remember, I'm still in my dream) and looked at everyone lying there dead, I wondered why he didn't get me and what was the significance of him eating people's stomachs out.

Sorry this is graphic but this is the grandaddy of all dreams for me holy moly

doowop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do You Remember Your Very 1st Dream or Nightmare?

Post by Shan on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:14 am

Hi Doowop,

I have no insight to your dream, but I am very interested in the fact that you had such a detailed dream with so much graphic stuff at 3-4 yrs old! Wow! This helps me actually because I counsel kids for a living. I am very interested in their dreams, but I honestly never thought a child that young could remember their dreams with such detail. Thanks for sharing!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ccov on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:01 am

I don't remember my first nightmare. I have an inkling that it was about some fairytale... those are such horror stories I wonder why we tell them to kids. The Little Mermaid still upsets me to this day.

Back to the topic...
The first nightmare I remember is a recurring nightmare that I had until I was a teen. In the nightmare, I was abducted and forced to take a bath in green jello. I was somehow rescued by New Edition and we escaped in a wind-up clown car. Unfortunately we got to a point when the car stopped in the street. We tried to continue on foot but we were being followed by an army of extra-large mechanical roaches. Every street we tried to turn down was another army troop until they finally had up surrounded with no where to go. I always woke up at that point.

As I got older, I realized that the dream only came when I ate really rich desserts (specifically my great-grandmother's banana pudding). To this day, though, I don't go anywhere near green jello. lol!

ccov

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by doowop on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:36 pm

Hi Shan!

Yeah, it's crazy right? what
My long term memory is good so it actually seems pretty normal to me that I've been able to recall in detail that dream. The dream really impacted me and although I had gone years without even thinking about the dream, recently the dream has come back to my remembrance because dreaming and interpreting dreams seems to be a major part of my life right now.

I think you bring up a very interesting point. We actually should be interested in children's dreams and listen to them; They could have a really important message in them. Take for example, CCOV's dream about the green jello... lol
The dream may be funny on the surface, and CCOV may have concluded that they were warning him/her of eating rich deserts, it would have been important for CCOV or anyone else to take the dream seriously since it was recurring.

By the way CCOV....
In the dream you were rescued by New Edition. I remember that group from the 80's. I used to love them myself. lol
When you mentioned that you were saved from the green jello by New Edition, I immediately did a search on some of their songs and the very first one on the list was, Cool It Now, which I actually remember from back in the day. lol
This is what the chorus says:

You got to cool it now
You got to cool it now
Ooooooh watch out
You’re gonna loose control
Cool it now
You got to slow it down
Slow it down...
You’re gonna fall in love

I guess they were trying to tell you to chill out from that green jellow laugh

--Dawon

doowop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:00 am

Hi Dawon,

U R too funny! I remember New Edition too! I'm with you on dreaming and interpreting them at this point in my life now. I've always been a dreamer. The first one I remember was when I was about 7. Since I found this website I have been able to gain insight into many of my dreams. God bless Mia Sherwood!

Shan

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:17 am

I dont remember my first dream or nightmare...but I do remember my first prophetic dream! I was 15 and didn't really know the Lord personally. I had a dream of an El Camino vehicle driving around and there was some guy driving it. The next day at the bus stop on my way to school I seen this VERY SAME CAR, which I have never before seen in my life, my dream had every detail of this car! It freaked me out SO much...I was scared of this because I didn't understand this gift! A good 20years later I found this site...a gold mine in my opinion...teaching me more about this gifting~Im learning so much here everyday! :hooray:

Last edited by Daisy on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : several spelling errors...lol)

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:01 pm

What a fun topic! I had lots of nightmares that were graphic when I was a small child because my parents were divorced and my dad would pick up us kids and let us rent and watch rated r movies whenever we wanted. My mom finally had her psycologist write a letter to my dad telling him how that could really mess my brain up at such a young age. Actually I would see those terrible images in my dreams, and whenever it was dark. I was terrified of the dark because of those images I saw. God helped me so much and delivered me from this when I was around 21 years old!!
I remember the very first prophetic dream I had was when I was 3 or 4. The dream was this: I opened the door to my room and saw 5 pairs of the same shoe that belonged to me. They were pink and white with pink hearts on them. Well IRL the next day I saw that very same shoe in several different places all over the house. I remember thinking "how on earth can this happen when there are only 2 of them?" Then I went to my grandmother's house and saw those shoes on her back porch!!! i hadn't even been wearing them that day!!!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:21 pm

Well, since we're all sharing... :)

I'm sure that this wasn't my first nightmare, but it's the first that I remember because the emotions were so very strong. I had to have been at an elementary school age based upon where I was living at the time.

The dream was simply this: I was in my bed, and there was nothing but darkness all around me. I could see nothing but black, and everything was still. In my head, I heard a whisper of the word "No" which would drain me of all hope. Then, I would think to myself "Maybe I could..." while hope would start to come back, and then the whisper would come back saying "No," which would wipe out my hope. This went back and forth until I wept in the dream, which led to me waking up still weeping.

My first prophetic dream, though, was when I was probably 16 or 17. When it came to pass a short time later, I was pretty freaked out by it. It was simple, actually: I was working at a store, pushing a cart around a corner toward the exit doors. Walking in front of me was someone my age that I didn't know, and I never saw his face in the dream. We turned the corner and I saw two...unattractive...adult women sitting on a bench, and they were twins. End of dream. In real life, everything played out the same way - the guy ended up being a new employee that I was training. I was pretty dumbfounded since I knew that I had dreamed this scene.

It wasn't until I was 18 that I met someone who led me to the Lord, though I suppose the experience made my introduction to the prophetic much easier to accept since I had such a traditional mindset prior to it.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:40 pm

doowop wrote:I got the idea for this topic from CarmellO, who says that she remembers her very first nightmare and she was only 3.

The very first dream/nightmare that I recall having (although I'm sure this wasn't the first that I had just the first I remember) was when I was about 3 or 4 years old. I dreamed that I woke up to people screaming in horror. When I got out of bed and began to look around I saw that everyone had been killed except me. All the people in my apartment and in the whole building (as far as I knew) were killed. I didn't remember any of my family being home so the people in my apartment that were killed, I'm not sure who they were. But somehow I either saw in my head or saw in a dream who/what was responsible. There was a lionlike creature who looked like he was half-man and half-lion going around killing people. He stood on two legs like a man but he had a face and a mane and a body like both a lion and a man. I'd say his face and body were 85% lion and 15% man. The interesting thing about this creature was how he killed everyone.....

He did this by eating their stomachs out. As I walked around (remember, I'm still in my dream) and looked at everyone lying there dead, I wondered why he didn't get me and what was the significance of him eating people's stomachs out.

Sorry this is graphic but this is the grandaddy of all dreams for me holy moly
I did have a thought on this dream...I am thinking of the scripture that says how the enemy prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking whom he can devour! Since he got everyone except you, it makes me think of this....You belong to the Lord, and he CANT devour you (let alone touch you)! Just my thoughts...plz pray and see its a fit.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by doowop on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:29 pm

Sorry guys for the late response. I haven't been on in a while and usually they send me an email letting me know of any responses but they didn't for whatever reason.

*Wow Daisy, that is amazing. That probably would have tripped me out also to see that car in real life what

*You know Laura, I've had that same issue with my brother and his wife. They let their kids watch R rated movies with lots of profanity and violence in them, let them play violent video games and even let them listen to disturbing Hip Hop and R&B songs that I know they shouldn't be listening to. It really baffles me that they don't have enough intelligence, discernment or whatever you want to call it to know that little kids shouldn't be listening to or watching those things.

I'm kind of confused about your dream about the shoes. Is that all in the dream or is the first part the dream and the second part is what happened in real life?

*Interesting Mark. Wow, to have a dream where you see something and then to see it happen in real life is awesome. I'm sure Daisy knows how you must've felt. lol
I remember several years ago I had a dream about a particular sister in the church talking about me behind my back and low and behold, not long after that it happened in real life. I wasn't shocked about finding out about it until I recalled that I had already had a dream about it.

*Thank you Daisy. I agree that the devil was the creature in the dream and that scripture you shared came to my mind. The part about him eating people's stomachs out I'm still not sure about. The stomach is usually symbolic of a "womb" or where things are conceived, or even where things are digested. Perhaps the enemy had succeeded in killing a lot of people's dreams/ideas but couldn't kill mind. Then again I remember Jesus saying that,

John 7:38
He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Perhaps God was showing me that he would succeed in robbing others of this gift but wouldn't succeed in robbing me happy dance
Who knows

doowop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:34 am

Wow now I have to check my memory banks........I think my very first dream was a nightmare. I just remember being surrounded by fire and being so afraid...I woke up screaming. I had the same reoccurring dream for years. I still have no idea what it meant.....but safe to say, glad I am not having them anymore.

My first prophetic dream was many years later when I was about 48 or so. I dreamed that I was in a white room. I was walking through the room and to my left were all these beautiful colors like rainbow colors coming through the floor. Then I walked over to a small bed, kind of like the ones at the doctors office but more comfortable. I was kind of sitting up a little and this man with out the image of his face walked up to me and gave me a kiss on the lips. He held my head in his hands and said, "Connie, it will be ok", Connie, it will be ok. End of dream.

Two weeks later our apartment was hit by a tornado. All was well with our apartment but we had to move within 24 hours because our building was condemed.

My first prophetic vision was in May of 1999 when we were hit in OK by the May 3rd, F5 tornado. There were 40 peopled killed and the City of Moore, OK was pretty much destroyed.

The vision:

While I prayed I saw a tornado and it was black and swaying side to side and I was immediately afraid. Then I heard the Lord say, "it will come near you but will not harm you." I had this vision for two weeks before it happened.

Thanks for this topic. It's a good one.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by globalhealth4 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:06 am

This is cool...I was in the 5th grade at the time

My dream I remember was or felt like I was half sleep, but I shared a room with 2 sisters and a bed with one. I slept on my back which to me seemed like afterwards, whenever I did sleep on my back that I would have nightmares or terrors. Anyway, It felt like someone was holding me down by my arms and feet, muzzled my mouth but kept my my eyes opened from closing. I saw egyptians walking(walk like a egyptian) in circles around the room on the the wall. and I couldn't understand why my eldest sister didn't see them. I couldn't scream as I tried and my sister was literally next to me and did not wake me up or get up herself! I scared, angry and horrified!

And when i was able to wake up, I told my mom and called my granny...she then told me that there will be times where i my mom nor her will be able to help me. And when it happens to call on Jesus..shout his name out and they will leave you alone. I still remember this as if it were lastnight.

globalhealth4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:43 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top