Disturbing dream in need of interpretation help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Disturbing dream in need of interpretation help

Post by carmellO on Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:26 pm

Hello, I am new to the forum. Never been a fan of forums but am delighted to find one w/ christian dream interpretations.

O.k. I dream often. Sometimes it is a prophetic dream, sometimes it is a my brain is unwinding dream, and sometimes I had icecream before bed and it gives me horrible nightmares.

This dream is much disturbing though. Last night I dreamed that I dug up the grave of my deciest infant daughter who died 12 years ago. I dreamed her grave was in a vault below the bed of my current pastor and his wife in their bedroom @ their home. This was the child from a previous marriage and none of the people in the dream @ the time were in my life 12 years ago. I dreamed I took her out of her casket and then I was in a bedroom @ my grandmother's home but it was supposed to be the bedroom of me and my current husband. My current husband was asleep and I wanted him to wake up and see my beautiful baby girl (even though she was dead) I lifted her from her casket and held her and told her how much I loved her. My husband barely would wake up and he finaly rolled over and saw her. @ which time he straightened out her contracted legs and I heard her knees pop. He fell back asleep after acknowledging her and then she spoke to me. I asked her about Jesus when I realized she was aware I was there. She then specifically said, "Mommy when I first left Jesus met me. He is so happy and smiling and I love him so much. But right now I am resting. I am waiting for him to come back and when he comes back I will wake up and meet him with everyone else. It feels so good to rest. Can I go back to sleep Mommy? I love you." With that I smiled and I told her she could and I changed her clothes and packed her neatly into her little casket and she was once again a dead corpse without movement or speech. I was back in the pastor's bedroom and moved the bed out of the way and put her little casket back into the vault. i closed everything back. Rolling the carpet back over the top of the vault and moved the bed back. Once the bed was back over the grave i noticed it was a twin bed instead of a large bed as it had been before. There was another twin bed neatly made in the room but this one had the covers pulled back. There were stickers all over the bed. The linens were of brown, mocha, and the bottom fitted sheet was black. There were stickers that I had put all over the covers and wanted to take off before someone saw them. The stickers were alphabet letters. The stickers were framed with Gold with a black background and embossed with golden letters. Some capital and some lower case. At that moment I began to pull the stickers off of the sheets and my pastor's wife walked in. I told her about my encounter with my baby daughter and she began to landblast me and became furious. She began to tell me how I had committed a horrible sin and that necromancy was forbidden in the bible. I told her I had not commited necromancy that I simply wanted to see my baby and that I had no idea she was going to ''talk to me''. That I was not communicating with my child but that she was the one who iniatiated the conversation. Then the pastor walked in and he was jokeing and seemed ok but he was stern with me because his wife was so furious at me he had to side against me and fuss at me too. He acted as if he did not wish to fuss at me. then the preacher's wife walked out of the room and he followed. They were in a hurry to get to church on time.
After that i was in a bathroom and my husband was in a large garden tub batheing. He wanted me to get in the tub with him. I told him we had to rush off to church and so he quickly got out, but not before I tried to go to the other side of the tub. There was a small ladder in the center of the tub and I tried to slide under neath it. Right before I got under the ladder I thought to myself, "it is bad luck to go under a ladder, but then I said, "I do not believe in fables or old wives tales. I will go under the ladder ." I could not get under the ladder though. I tried I was able to go part of the way but an invisible force prevented me from going all the way under the ladder so i had to get out of the tub and walk around to get into the other side.
After that my husband was dressed and off to church and then I dreamed my family's life was put into grave danger. After that I dreamed my family and I was in a horse drawn carriage at a navy funeral and an army funeral.

any help would be appreciated. I will note , this is the second dream of my preacher's wife and this is the second dream of a horse or animal of that family. This is the first time I have ever dreamed of my dead child speaking to me. Although I have had numerous dreams of being in a grave yard with the same emotional feeling while being there.

carmellO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disturbing dream in need of interpretation help

Post by doowop on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:57 pm

Hi Carmello, and God bless you!

Let me start by saying that in accordance with the rules and regulations of this forum, I let you know now that I am not an official interpreter nor can I say that I have received anything from the Lord regarding your dreams. However, when I read your dreams and especially seeing that no one had replied yet I really felt drawn to at least try to help you :-)

The first thing that I do is ask you a few questions such as:
*Were you traumatized by the death of your daughter?
*How often do you think about her?
*What emotions do you have when you think of her?
*What role, if any, did your pastor and his wife play in your life when you lost your daughter, and overall what is the relationship that you have with your pastor and his wife (The pastor and his wife in your dream may even be representing someone else but it's good to try and see first by noting your relationship with them).

There are other questions that I could ask but what immediately jumped out to me when you mentioned digging up the grave of your deceased daughter was the possibility that although it's been 12 years you still long to be with her and talk to her and see her. There may even be a hint of guilt as to things you wished you could've done or said to her. I've often heard how that those who have lost close loved ones lose a part of themselves, and so your desire to go and dig up her grave to see her one last time and tell her that you love her and see that she is ok just may symbolize you "recovering" that part of you that your daughter took with her. That being said, through all of the disturbing things, this dream just may symbolize inner healing for you. On the other hand your daughter in the dream could symbolize something from your past that had a profound impact in your life that you thought you were past but inwardly you seek to "dig" that person or thing or event or memory back up. There's is much for you to consider here. Does any of that seem relevant? Keep in mind again, these are just my attempts to help and so I stand to be corrected. This is a long dream with different elements so it may even help to take it piece by piece, or paragraph by paragraph thumbs

Be blessed and Be encouraged
--Dawon

doowop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thanks!

Post by carmellO on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:12 am

Thank you Dawon!

Yes, her death was extremely tramatic. I had actually dreamed of her trama before it happened and shared it with my doctor but he did not take me serious. Her trajedy happened at birth. I had tried to warn my o.b. (female doctor) about it but he would not listen to me, said it was just a expected mother's fear.

I do think of her often, not as much as I did after she died. She lived 7 1/2 weeks but I was only able to bring her home for about 2 weeks. She had died @ birth and was revived. Afterwards she had severe brain damage. When she did come home she was on oxogen, a feeding tube, lots of medicine, and could not cry, suck or swallow. She basically lived with only her brain stem keeping her alive. The rest of her brain was dead.Prior to birth she was perfectly healthy. I was able to tell her how much I loved her before she died. I feel like God was merciful for healing her through death.

I do miss her @ times and sometimes I even forget how old she would be. I have an older son who is sixteen and another son who is seven. I will never, ever have a baby girl.

When I think of her I am deeply saddenned, yet I am grateful she is no longer in pain. I can't help but wander what might have been. Yes, you are right in you loose a part of yourself, Especially when you loose a child.

My pastor and his wife where not a part of my life then. I went to a different church and lived in a different neighborhood on a different part of the county. I am not as close to my pastor and his wife as I was to the prior pastor. I get frusterated with them at times. I get close to alot of people and am very people oriented. I do not know how to percieve them though. I believe they genuinely care and are sincere christians but I feel they are so completely different from me. Sometimes I feel like they just tolerate me. I only attend that particular church because my husband will not go any where else. At times I get very frusterated with my pastor's wife because if my husband and I have a disagreement I feel she quickly jumps to his defense, no matter what he has said or done and otherwise I feel like she does not believe me. I feel as if she has an additude that she is better than me but I also think it is a survival instinct to prevent her from being hurt because she was hurt very badly at the last church they pastored.

carmellO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:44 pm

Hi Carmello~Please let me start off by saying how saddened I am to have read your posting, and what things you have had to endured as a mother. Words cannot express enough how sorry I am for your loss. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I read your post a few days ago, and have been praying on how to respond to you..as I know this must be a sensitive subject. Please know that I have not received a Holy Spirit interpretation, and that these are my thoughts only. Please pray on them, and toss whatever doesn't seem to fit....

I felt similar thoughts to doowop, as far as an inner healing goes with the loss of your precious child, and I also had similar thoughts on you letting go of any guilt you may have had in this situation. When I first read your post, I welled up with tears...and wanted to cry out 'It's not your fault, you didn't do anything wrong!' Even though you didn't state having feelings of guilt in your posting, for some reason I just felt like I needed to tell you that. As mothers, we sometime take on guilt for things that we have ABSOLUTELY no control over. I could be totally off on posting this, and want to be tender and sensitive to you...so please throw out my thoughts if they do not seem to resonate with what you feel personally within your spirit.

I also did feel an undertone of judgement/condemnation with your pastors wife (also the Pastor, but MORE with his wife). When I first read your post, I was going to ask if there were issues in these relationships with them that needed to be resolved. After you confirmed that in your post above, I wanted to ask you if you feel that they are equipt enough to help you through the struggles you have faced in the past, and the ones that you may be facing currently? I could be wrong, but it seems your pastors wife is partial towards your husband...not seeing clearly how to help you BOTH grow in your situation. If this is the case, have you thought about finding a Spirit Filled Christian Therapist that could help you with receiving a deeper healing with from the loss of your child, as well as the current everyday relationship challenges within your marriage (that by the way, all of us face from time to time)? If you dont think additional counseling is needed or applicable in this situation, maybe the dream alone will have helped put some things at rest within your heart (to do with your little girl). These are just my thoughts...I hope they have been of help to you somehow...

P.S. I see such a sweet spirit in you...especially with the forgiveness you seem to walk in with your pastor's wife...being able to see why she does some of the things she does! This is so mature of you.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by doowop on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:38 pm

Wow, Daisy when I read your post my first reaction was that I am very very sorry that I didn't express my condolences to you Carmello. So right now I do offer my condolences and my heartfelt love.

Daisy explains the situation much better than I do so I don't have much to say behind her. One thing I will add though is that it appears that your pastor's wife may represent your o.b. Of course I'm not 100% on this. The reason I say this is because I notice the similarities:

Concerning your pastor's wife:
* "I believe they genuinely care and are sincere..."
* "...I feel like she does not believe me"

This seems to be representative of a doctor (who's job is to help you by giving you good advice) who despite being overall genuine and sincere in their practice, for whatever reason didn't believe you or take you seriously, and as a result you suffered some sort of pain or loss. You seem to have suffered pain or loss in your marriage as a result of your pastor's wife not believing you or taking you seriously.

The characteristics of your husband in the dream are
*Sleep, and needs to wake up
*Apparently unconcerned
*Apparently insensitive

Do you perceive these characteristics of him in real life, or do you perceive these in someone else? Do you perceive that inwardly you want your husband to pay more attention and show more concern about you and what you may be going through?

doowop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by carmellO on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Oh wow. Very nice work! Well I think you are correct. I feel as if she doesn't take me serious very often. My husband is awesome, the apple of my eye but yeah @ times I feel he is insensitive, he and I are working on that ;) . Thank you so much! May God truly bless each of you for your insight!

CarmellO

carmellO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by doowop on Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:23 am

thumbs

doowop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:31 am

Bless you too Carmello! Its so nice to have you here on this site!! :hooray:

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:34 pm

Carmello I just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss as well. When I read your dream I was thinking what a comforting thing this would be, and then to share it with the people you would think would share your joy, but they didn't...that's very sad. I find it difficult to share dreams and dream interpretation with some other Christians because most people associate it with witchcraft. I would say, if the Lord gives you something special, ponder in in your heart because if you share it with someone that wont appreciate it, they're like the hogs that trample pearls. Know what I mean? What you did in your dream was NOT wrong. YOU weren't trying to communicate with your daughter...this could all be symbolic for something the Lord will use to comfort you and others will use scripture against it. (Just my thoughts here) What your daughter said in your dream was biblical. It may have already been confirmation of what you already know in your heart. If this is a prophetic dream, you may recognize these things when they come to pass...I personally think (again just my thoughts) it's possible your daughter in your dream is symbolic. Of what or how? I have no idea but the Holy Spirit does :) Just guard your heart against naysayers and be careful who you share things with...remember Joseph's brothers? They didn't understand the things the Lord was telling Joseph, and Joseph continued telling them about his dreams.

Last edited by daphanie02 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:39 pm

Daisy wrote:

P.S. I see such a sweet spirit in you...especially with the forgiveness you seem to walk in with your pastor's wife...being able to see why she does some of the things she does! This is so mature of you.

AMEN!!! I totally agree with EVERY word!!!!!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by carmellO on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:21 pm

Thanks! I was told forgiveness is an additude, decision and that once you decide to forgive and walk in that forgiveness eventually your emotions will follow your actions! (I sure hope so!) I am enjoying the site too! There is so much secular views on dreams and I have read up on and studied dreams off and on as a sort of off and on type hobby for years. When I was a teenager in highschool I actually altered my dreams some times! I remember my very first nightmare, it was when I was barely 3 years old, sadly I can not remember my very first good dream!!! (How weird is that?) anyway, I am enjoying the forums so very,very, much! I love prayers so send some up for me! I've had some more dreams too. My dreams seem to build on each other. Thanks so much to each of you for your help! God bless you all!

carmellO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by doowop on Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:00 pm

CarmellO you just gave me an idea.....
Be on the look out for the next topic I post scratching chin

doowop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:25 pm

carmellO wrote:Thanks! I was told forgiveness is an additude, decision and that once you decide to forgive and walk in that forgiveness eventually your emotions will follow your actions! (I sure hope so!)
I just LOVE this Carmello! Thank you for saying this...such a powerful truth!

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:27 pm

carmellO wrote: I love prayers so send some up for me! God bless you all!

I will for sure!!! praying Bless You

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:26 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top