Jesus fighting spirits of the flesh??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jesus fighting spirits of the flesh??

Post by callienicolaysen on Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:21 pm

I had a dream that mentioned of "Jesus fighting spirits of the flesh". Later on in the dream, there were a couple of guys that I remembered from school in real life. In real life, I was interested in becoming friends with them, but I was too shy to introduce myself. In the dream, one of these two guys asked me if I wanted to be his friend. The other guy, who was on his computer, turned around and said, "That means something" and then turned back around to his computer. What do you guys make of this dream??

callienicolaysen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jesus fighting spirits of the flesh??

Post by Daisy on Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:20 pm

Hi Calleinico~What were your feelings in the dream? Were there any feelings when the guys said 'that means something'? What was your take on what that person said?

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by callienicolaysen on Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:34 pm

I actually thought that guy was cute in real life. His mannerisms were ADORABLE to me!! As to what my feelings were in the dream, I actually can't remember. As for that person, he just said that in a matter of fact tone. I could not decipher what his emotions were in saying that. Ever since I had that dream, I could not stop thinking about that guy! That dream had an impact on me, but I have yet to figure out what it means! I had been asking the Lord for clarity on that. It had been such a long time since I last thought of him, so that's why I am wondering what it means. It's maddening now, because I cannot stop thinking about him now. lol.

callienicolaysen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:39 pm

Did you feel flattered by chance? Like 'wow, this person noticed me?' You mentioned how you wanted to be friends, but were too shy before to approach him/them...thats why I ask that.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by callienicolaysen on Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:55 pm

You mean, in the dream? I don't recall of having any feelings. That other guy butt in before I had the chance to realize how I felt. But in real life, though, after I had the dream, I did feel kind of flattered. It's weird, because I haven't thought about them in the longest time!

callienicolaysen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:14 pm

Hi Cal- I hope it's ok to call u that:)

I have a couple of thoughts here. One is that you led with "Jesus fighting spirits of the flesh". How was it revealed to you that that is what Jesus was fighting? Was it just a knowing? I'm wondering if the subject of your dream had anything to do with these guys or something they represent. Could there be something irl having to do with worldly or fleshly things?

Secondly, I can relate because I've had similar dreams where there would be someone who paid particular attention to me that made me feel good about myself. I had wondered if it was God giving me a little "wink" when I needed it or if it was the enemy trying to distract my thoughts for the next couple of days as I would "revisit" the dream over and over. I can say that what I've discovered is that it was just something I had to learn to discern over time.

Hope that helps!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by callienicolaysen on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:21 pm

yes, it's fine that you call me that. It said directly in my dream, "Jesus is fighting spirits of the flesh". It was made perfectly clear to me.

As for the overall meaning, I have no idea.. But you guys had some great ideas.. :)

callienicolaysen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:33 pm

Ok. I'm confident you'll get your answer!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:21 am

At first I was wondering if somehow this could be an example of God somehow building up your confidence..but then the part about Jesus fighting off the works of the flesh throws me off. This dream stumps me...but these scriptures come to mind about the works of the flesh vs. the fruit of the spirit. Hopefully something speaks to you.

Gal 5:16This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

i\\'m sorry I wish I had been able to help a bit more...let us know when the Lord reveals the full meaning to you...

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nurse on Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:23 am

I had a very disturbing dream in this area. A faceless woman was getting stabbed over and over again. It looked like someone was trying to kill her with a huge knife and blood was everywhere in my dream and I remember thinking "this is so terrible, why is this woman not dying?"

I couldn't see the face of who was stabbing and cutting at her, but I was sweaty and couldn't wait to wake up from this horrible dream.
When I finally woke up and just lay there thinking "Lord, why would I have such a horrible dream-what does this mean?"
That still small voice whispered to me "I'm trying to kill your flesh"...

I'll never forget that dream...although I thought it was demonic at first I am now convinced it was from the Lord.

Nurse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:08 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top