My husbands dream: a man named Josh, a cup & a staff

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My husbands dream: a man named Josh, a cup & a staff

Post by Freeprincess on Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:16 am

My husband had a really profound dream the other day. He hadn't dreamed or remembered his dreams for years, but the last few years he has been dreaming. I always pay attention to his dreams because I feel they have a lot of meaning. The following words are my husbands that I am submitting this dream for him.

dream:
I was at some big conference. At the door a guy named Josh was standing there with a big smile and bush curly hair. He had a coffee cup like from a convenience store which he had on a table collecting for the needy. After one big session of the conference the people streamed out and had 10's and 20's and bigger to put in the cup...(I remember feeling bad about that because I only had $2 to put in)...the problem was the cup wasn't there and people were afraid to leave it on the table without the cup. I took a small handful of the money and said I would find Josh and the cup. It took me like an hour to find him and he was at another meeting goofing around with friends and carrying a big stick(staff) in his hands. He was pounding the staff up and down on the bleachers (like he was driving a stake in the ground). . I finally climbed a bleacher and yelled to him to "come here...this is important" and motioned with my hands. I told him a bout the people would have put hundreds in the cup but the cup wasn't there. He produced the cup and we ran back to the other conference. Then I woke up.

**I was reflecting on this right after and it seemed God was trying to tell me something about an overflowing cup. Something about giving. I even thought there needed to be a bigger container waiting for the cup for our abundance.

Freeprincess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My husbands dream: a man named Josh, a cup & a staff

Post by Freeprincess on Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:43 am

Someone please give me your thoughts...thanks

type

Freeprincess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ccov on Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:09 am

I think you're on the right track and my thoughts are along the same lines as yours.

Here are my thoughts on your dream.

Josh, or Joshua, from the Hebrew name Yehoshu'a meaning "YAHWEH is salvation". Also, the name Jesus comes from a Greek translation of the Aramaic short Yeshu'a, which was the real name of Jesus. My thought here is that Josh, may have been our Lord. He was carrying a staff, as a shepard would. This reminds me of the 23rd Psalm... "The lord is my shepard."

You felt bad that you only left a little, but people gave you all the money to fill the cup..."I shall not want." The cup which get filled with money... "my cup runs over"

This also reminds me a little of tithing. Maybe the conference was a church meeting or service.

These are just my thoughts, but I think that this is a profound dream too.

ccov

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine on Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:50 pm

I don't want to mislead anyone. This could be a coincidence ,but one of the members here is named Josh. I'll pm you his screen name.

Jasmine
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:22 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top