Dreams of laying hands on people

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dreams of laying hands on people

Post by BlackButterfly on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:09 am

Twice in the past couple of months I have dreamt of laying hands on people and prophecying. I have been praying for the gifts of the spirit as God wills. Could this be a prophetic dream of things to come?

P

BlackButterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dreams of laying hands on people

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:23 pm

Hi, BlackButterfly -

Did you have any feelings about your actions in the dreams or the people that you were laying hands upon?

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackButterfly on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:55 pm

Mark I didn't really pay attention to my feelings too much but I know that it was a positive experience. There was absolutely nothing negative about the dream.

BlackButterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:15 pm

That being the case, the dream could very well be prophetic of things to come, as you said.

Two verses come to mind:

1 Timothy 4:14 - "Do not neglect the spiritual gift you received through the prophecy spoken over you when the elders of the church laid their hands on you."

2 Timothy 1:6 - "This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you."

Yes, these are about being on the receiving end of laying on of hands, but I would encourage you to step out and begin to fan those gifts into flame as he leads.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackButterfly on Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:21 pm

Mark thanks so much for your response. I will step out in faith and begin to fan those spiritual gifts. I went back to my journal where I recorded my dream when i was laying hands. You had asked me what my feelings were about my actions in the dreams. My notes said " I felt the anointing and God's power all over me in my dream as I laid hands". I was actually laying hands on a long time friend who recently underwent surgery to remove part of his bladder which had cancer in real life.

I was also prophesying over him that his church that he pastored was lukewarm. This person is not a pastor and I do not believe he's a christian.

So my confusion is in whether the dream was about me or about my friend in the dream.

BlackButterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:50 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top