Tall man in a car

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tall man in a car

Post by Stephanie444 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:06 am

I'd love help with this one ... it's the only dream I think I've had where the interpretation wasn't obvious to me.

In October 2008, I had a dream that was very unusual in that I wasn't in it at all. I saw a man get into the front passenger seat of a car, and I could see what he looked like very clearly: he was very tall (over 6 ft) and around middle-aged and somewhat dark complexioned. He was surrounded by fans or supporters as he was driven off. Then when he got out of the car, his fans or supporters had disappeared and his appearance had completely changed: he had become a short, pale, elderly man who if I remember right was bald and leaning on a cane. In my dream I remember being confused because I knew that while it was possible for him to have gotten older, it was physically impossible for him to have lost so much height.

This dream was about a specific real-life person but not someone I knew personally. I know what I think the interpretation is but I would love to have it confirmed.

Thanks for your help.

Stephanie444

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tall man in a car

Post by Daisy on Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:14 pm

Hi stephanie~Just a question...did you feel at all like this man was trying to disguise himself in the dream, or like he was trying to portray himself in a way that wasn't really 'him'?

These are just my thoughts..plz toss them if they dont fit.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie444 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:20 pm

no - once his appearance had changed I just felt like he had changed.

Stephanie444

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:44 pm

Is there anyone in your waking life that has drastically changed, or sort of done a transformation that would seem similar to this in the dream (but maybe instead of a physical change maybe a character change)?

Just some thoughts not an interp

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie444 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:04 pm

I think this dream was really a prophecy about this particular person.

However, I'm not certain what being old and short symbolizes as far as what happened to him. What does it sound like to you?

Stephanie444

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ccov on Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:33 pm

Could this dream be about two people? One moving into you life and the other moving out of your life?

Another thought is that it doesn't necessarily have to be about a young to old dynamic but maybe a less mature to mature/wise shift in your life. Could this type of shift apply to the person you think it's about?

ccov

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie444 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:36 am

no ... it was one person. Like I said, the tall man was a specific person and I didn't get the feeling that the old man was anyone else.

What I THINK it has to do with is making a change from pride (symbolized by his height and the presence of his fans / admirers... though he was also literally tall in real life) to humility (symbolized by shortness and the fact that his fans had disappeared) and weakness (symbolized by being pale / elderly).

How does this sound?

Stephanie444

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:10 am

Stephanie444 wrote:no ... it was one person. Like I said, the tall man was a specific person and I didn't get the feeling that the old man was anyone else.

What I THINK it has to do with is making a change from pride (symbolized by his height and the presence of his fans / admirers... though he was also literally tall in real life) to humility (symbolized by shortness and the fact that his fans had disappeared) and weakness (symbolized by being pale / elderly).

How does this sound?

My thoughts were if you didn't feel it was a disguise, that it must be a change of heart/character of sorts. This that you say above makes a lot of sense. The best person to interpret your dream is the dreamer themselves. One thing to keep in mind is that people can be symbolic for another person in your waking life sometimes. This concept seems tricky to wrap your mind around at first, but it really will help with putting the pieces together on certain dreams that may stump us.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie444 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:34 am

Yes ... I've had dreams before where someone was symbolizing someone else, and it's tricky like you said, but this wasn't one of them. And it is fitting for this person.

Stephanie444

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:58 am

How does this sound?.

Hi Stephanie444 -

I agree with your interpretation. When I read your dream, I thought it was related to transformation. I didn't think the basis for the change was deception, I thought it had to do more with a change in character. It reminds me of the bible verse Matthew 23:12 -

For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:14 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top