I needed to be turned upside down... to see

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I needed to be turned upside down... to see

Post by Grey Butterfly on Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:30 pm

Hi folks, I would appreciate some help with this one...

I dreamed that I was a part of a community (felt like a small town or an extended family gathering) that had picked some fruits from trees, beautiful fruits (two kinds, one like an orange, the other smaller and another colour) and packed them into baskets. We were going to go on a picnic.

We sat down (on long steps, like the front of a public building or in a park, they were long enough for 30 people or so... [the number is not part of the dream] to sit along the steps… and there was a large paved courtyard at the bottom… there were only about 6 steps… it had a feeling of being shared space, but not public space), and were waiting. We were ready. We stopped our children from eating the fruit because we would need it for the picnic.

A long skinny girl with black and white hair who was sitting on the step beside me) grabbed me… (she must have had hands on her feet too or something), cos she grabbed my wrists and my ankles and then she flipped upside down so that I was also upside down… this was all in her strength. [I recall now, that this happened to at least two others just before she did it to me] She was walking around on her hands (also holding me in a handstand position off the ground I was dangling upside down) I asked her what she was doing… I was sure she was evil and I was fighting against it and being smart and yelling at her… I asked her was she doing it because it was fun? She said “no” I asked her was she doing it just because she could? She said “no” and then I saw it… the fruit on the trees that had been beautiful was spoilt. The girl let me go then and I understood that she had been showing me truth by turning me upside down.

We shouldn’t have been sitting waiting, we should have been eating the fruit and feeding it to our children and now, I said “by the rivers of Babylon, while we sat down and we wept, our beautiful fruit was stolen (from the baskets) and spoilt (on the trees).”

I touched one of the fruits on the tree, it was brown, soft and watery to the touch, it was as inedible now as it had been beautiful and juicy before. I cried in the dream, and felt sadness and regret. My kids cried too.

Thanks, Diane

Last edited by Grey Butterfly on Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I needed to be turned upside down... to see

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:32 pm

Hi, Diane -

Just a couple thoughts... Does the rest of Psalm 137 have any meaning to you in relation to the dream?

My other thought relates to what you identifed about the woman: You said that you were sure that she was evil, and then that she was showing you truth? I keep thinking about how our enemy will often take the truth and distort it, twist it...alter the way we view it....so that we don't see it the way that it truly is. Satan used the very word of God in his temptation of Jesus, although in a twisted way. I wonder if maybe the distortion of truth could turn something that is fruitful into something that is rotten?

I really don't claim to have an interpretation, here. Just a few thoughts that came to mind. They may not be applicable.

Take care,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:21 pm

Thanks Mark :o)

I looked up Psalm 137... it doesn't really... it was the song that was in my dream... and i looked up the words to that too... I'm not sure that it means anything either. I will pray about that though.

Thanks for the different take on the woman... I hadn't thought of that. I will pray about it.

Thanks for your thoughts Mark, I appreciate it. :o)

Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:17 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top