Guess who's coming to dinner?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Guess who's coming to dinner?

Post by Deborah on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:36 pm

Irl I like to entertain --I'm known for cooking big meals and having a lot of people over. The other night I had this dream:

I had cooked fried rice, some chicken dish and carrots. I was in a strange place, not my own kitchen. I was serving everything at a big table to about ten people.

Then a family I know irl (they're a very religious legalistic family, one of their daughters is interested in my son) showed up. I was a little taken aback because I wasn't sure if I had prepared enough food (the family has 8 children). I sent someone to bring another table into the room. I looked for plates and found my own mother's cupboard and some of her plates. I was flustered because I didn't have time to set the table nicely--I wasn't sure if I could find enough chairs, enough silverware, enough glasses and napkins. I was really not enjoying feeling like I was not entertaining everyone adequately. I started serving everyone carrots to see if I had enough food.

I can't emphasize enough the inadequacy I felt in this dream, irl I can generally handle these types of situations pretty well.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guess who's coming to dinner?

Post by Daisy on Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:59 am

This reminds me of the story of Martha and Mary for some reason. Is there anything in your waking life deborah that you are feeling overwhelmed with, any feelings of not having enough to give to others? Anything causing you to feel unprepared at all (Christmas, holidays coming up)? Has anything unexpected overwhelmed you lately by chance? If not, plz just toss, these r just my thoughts...

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:27 am

scratching chin Hmmm, well my husband's injury and rehab has been a draining experience surely, but I think the dream might have to do with feelings I'm having of not having room at my table, so to speak, for legalistic people anymore. God's grace is always sufficient, but if I'm trying to do something "in the flesh" I get frustrated, flustered, unpoised. Thanks for your thoughts, Daisy!

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:47 pm

So happy to share my thoughts...Amen about not having room for room for legalistic people at your table anymore!!! Been there, done that, its not fun at all!!! lol! I am the same way about trying to do something in the flesh...frustrates me everytime! Its much better to flow in God's grace...Ahhhh sweet dreams 2

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:24 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top