Punching My Brother...and Eggs in a Glass

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Punching My Brother...and Eggs in a Glass

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:37 am

Good morning, all -

Last night's dream took place at the house I lived in about 6 years ago. I was in my bedroom, which (inthe dream) also had this kitchen-counter area on one side. As I was standing in my room, my younger brother was laying on my bed. In real life, he's 7 years younger than I am, but in the dream he was about elementary-school age. I heard this annoying sound coming from where he was, and I asked him to stop. The noise continued, and since it seemed like he wouldn't stop, I punched him in the chest. This is very uncharacteristic of me in real life. This upset him, and he was on the verge of crying as he lay there. I realized, then, that the sound was coming from an alarm clock near him. I was suddenly aware of my mistake, and was quite sorry that I had struck him.

Next, I'm over at the kitchen-counter area, and I'm preparing breakfast. I had these scrambled eggs sitting in a bowl or some type of container, and they didn't seem all that appetizing to me. For some reason, I took them and began to fill up a clear glass with the eggs. (?)

Finally, a friend of my brother (and an acquaintance of mine) showed up. I was not happy that he was around, as he is into some heavy drug use and has lied about it on many occassions.

If you have any thoughts on this, feel free to share. It did make me think about my younger brother and maybe that he was feeling hurt or something in real life. As he's a former Marine-turned-firefighter and it's Veteran's Day, I sent him a text message telling him how proud I am of him...

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Punching My Brother...and Eggs in a Glass

Post by Delightful soul on Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:05 pm

thewhiteshadow wrote:Good morning, all -

Last night's dream took place at the house I lived in about 6 years ago. I was in my bedroom, SAFE PLACE/INTIMATE PLACEwhich (inthe dream) also had this kitchen-counter area on one side.YOU ARE BEING PREPARED As I was standing in my room, my younger brother was laying on my bed. A FRIEND THAT'S CLOSER THAN A BROTHER In real life, he's 7 years younger than I am, but in the dream he was about elementary-school age. COULD BE THE PART OF YOU THAT IS BEING NURTURED I heard this annoying sound coming from where he was, and I asked him to stop. The noise continued, and since it seemed like he wouldn't stop, I punched him in the chest. This is very uncharacteristic of me in real life. This upset him, and he was on the verge of crying as he lay there. I realized, then, that the sound was coming from an alarm clock near him. I was suddenly aware of my mistake, and was quite sorry that I had struck him.STRIKING YOUR YOUNGER BROTHER SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE REPREMANDING YOUR SELF , THE CHILDLIKE PART OF YOUR SELF AND THAT THE ALARM IS ACTUALLY A CALL TO ALARM FOR YOU TO MATURE IN THE AREA OF INTIMACY AND ALLOW THE HOLY SPIRIT TO PREPARE YOU AT THIS TIME INSTEAD OF FIGHTING HIM.

Next, I'm over at the kitchen-counter area, and I'm preparing breakfast. I had these scrambled eggs sitting in a bowl or some type of container, and they didn't seem all that appetizing to me. For some reason, I took them and began to fill up a clear glass with the eggs. (?)

Finally, a friend of my brother (and an acquaintance of mine) showed up. I was not happy that he was around, as he is into some heavy drug use and has lied about it on many occassions.

If you have any thoughts on this, feel free to share. It did make me think about my younger brother and maybe that he was feeling hurt or something in real life. As he's a former Marine-turned-firefighter and it's Veteran's Day, I sent him a text message telling him how proud I am of him...

I THINK THIS COULD BE ABOUT YOUR YOUNGER BROTHER OR....MORE ABOUT YOUR NURTURING EITHER HIM OR THE PART OF YOURSELF THAT IS BEING PREPARED. THE EGGS COULD BE ABOUT FURTHER GROWTH ALTHOUGH I REALLY THINK THE CRUX OF THE DREAM IS ABOUT PREPARATION (KITCHEN) AND GROWTH IN YOURSELF AND LOOKING AFTER THE CHILD IN YOURSELF. OFTEN WHEN WE DREAM ABOUT PEOPLE IN OUR LIVES IT CAN BE PARTS OF OURSELVES ALTHOUGH I WOULD PRAY ON THIS, BUT I HOPE IT RESONATES WITH YOU AS I REALLY AM WONDERING IF IT IS ABOUT YOUR NURTURING YOUR INNER CHILD INTO MATURITY AND ALSO THE DRUG FRIEND COULD BE YOU BEING CONCERNED OF DANGER IN YOUR WALK WITH GOD AS YOU GROW, LIKE A CONCERN ABOUT WHO YOU ASSOCIATE WITH.

I HOPE THIS HAS HELPED. PLEASE READ ALL THE CAPS ABOVE AND NEXT TO COMMENTS IN THE DREAM.

BLESSINGS MARK

D.S
-Mark

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:51 pm

Wow! I didn't think that the dream was about me at first. But, after reading what you wrote, I believe you are correct. Everything you've said resonates with me. In fact, it's hard to describe what I'm feeling right now...

I am concerned with who I associate with...actually, my greatest concern isn't so much those whom I know aren't saved, it's about those who claim to be and who I've trusted in the past, but now I think they are wolves...but I don't know.

I've wanted to ask someone for a while this question: Can the same person/people who brought you to Christ become wolves themselves as time goes by?

Thanks, Delightful Soul, for taking the time to look at my dream.
Blessings to you,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:31 pm

thewhiteshadow wrote: Can the same person/people who brought you to Christ become wolves themselves as time goes by?
I can attest to this FOR SURE YES! The people who helped me get saved only had part of the gospel...I spent MANY years in deception due to lack of my own revelation of God's Word. I believed every word of these people, and they used me as a puppet for many years. Everything was legalistic, and control, and since I didn't know much about the Lord yet, that lack of knowledge was used against me. They also tried to keep me isolated, to keep their control of me. They used the fear of the wrath of God and fear of the end times, to take advantage of me financially too (ungodly amounts Im embarrassed to say)! As I matured in my relationship with the Lord, I could see they didn't have the full gospel...only in part. I started to see by their fruit, that they were very immature Christians, if they were at all. Honestly, they were wolves~but the sad thing is they didn't see this themselves! The only reason I stayed in this controlling enviroment for so long, was because I thought I was pleasing God (I thought I was submitting to my leaders). All I wanted was to be pleasing to Him. These people I realized were not safe, and were using me for their selfish gain. Thankfully they are no longer in my life. Though, I pray God shines his light on them. Yes, I know for certain the people who can have the knowledge and even the giftings of the Lord, can in fact be wolves. Thankfully, God can use all things for His good! :hooray:

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:02 pm

Thanks, Daisy. Somehow, I knew that this was the case for me...

What do you do with promises you've received through these people? I have some written and recorded prophetic words that I've questioned because of the vessels through which they were delivered. I suppose, though, that it's not about them, but if the Holy Spirit has confirmed them in me. Hmmm...

I appreciate you sharing your story with me. It's good to hear (err, read) someone else's experience.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:16 pm

Well, these people did speak some words over me...none of which do I now receive. The reason being...I believe them to be false prophets..even though I received salvation through their ministry. The reason I believe them to be false prophets, is b/c NONE of their prophecies have come to pass...I also see the fruit of these individuals lives and there are not many (if any) fruit of the spirit evident. I can laugh about it now, but one of the self proclaimed prophets said 'the Lord is going to come back before the next snowfall...this is the last snowfall we will ever see.' lol! That was more than 12 yrs ago. I have seen lots of snow fall...

I do believe though that the gifts and the callings come without repentance, and some do have the gift of prophecy, even if they are not super mature....I think in my case these people had the gift of discerning a weaker person, who didn't know much about God, who would be easy to take advantage of...in my case the false prophecy was all about what THEY could get out of my pocket book with the fear they promoted.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:19 pm

This situation God used to teach me wisdom, and for that I am grateful! I also have a heart for new converts, because its such a vulnerable time for young believers...wolves do try and take advantage of these young sheep. So in this, God has given me a heart to protect the young sheep of His fold.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:40 pm

That is awesome, Daisy. And so necessary!

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:43 pm

I struggled for a long time wondering, WHY God did you let these crazy people into my life. My husband is SO amazed that the way they treated me didn't turn my heart away from God. That SO never entered my mind. :angel:

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delightful soul on Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:05 am

I'm sorry I just read your reply now. Yes the same people who were used by God can turn out to be wolves.

It happened to me. I guess people are people with choices to make and with every decision there are consequences for action.

Maybe God is wanting you to trust in Him alone.

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:50 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top