Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daisy

Prayers for daughter and her schoolwork, reading and math, and spelling...

Hi brothers and sisters...could you please pray for my daughter to be blessed in her schoolwork, reading, spelling, and math please? I am trying to work with her on these things to keep her up to speed, but she just wants to play, and has been giving me a hard time. Please pray that she gets where she needs to be for her grade level (and continues to excel), but also please pray that God gives me FUN and INVENTIVE ideas, to make learning more easier at home!

Thanks so much!!! I really appreciate it!!! :hooray:

I will be praying as well...how old is she? Does she have other activities that she's involved with outside of school work?

She is only 7. Yes, she is in jazz and ballet, and loves dance! She is super creative, and loves to pretend. Second grades' expectations are so much higher than when we were in school! They expect these 2nd graders to know all their math facts by heart (I still count some things on my fingers... lol! )...she has a weekly spelling and math test. A huge homework package that comes home each week to be completed by friday, a monthly book report, and they have to study math facts for 5 min a day and read aloud 15-20 min daily. She is a little behind in her reading and math, and the last week or two have been like pulling teeth to get her to study and read. Ugh... bandaid I know she is just a kid, but I don't want her to fall too far behind. Her teacher isn't overly concerned, she said just a little push and she will be at grade level expectation. When she fights me on doing her homework, she says she just wants to play! I dont blame her after being in school for 7 hours straight to not want to do more work when she comes home. Nonetheless, it still needs to be done whether she likes it or not. crying

Yes, I'm not a fan at how our school systems are these days. I have friends who still have school age children and the amount of homework they give the kids to take home is atrocious and when they can't finish it or they are just plain burned out, then they lable them and make them feel as though they are "behind". I just feel like because your daughter is creative, her just sitting down and doing homework is going against her grain.

I will be praying for God's wisdom to come upon you so that you can come up with ways to make what she naturally enjoys become linked to what she doesn't enjoy. The one thing that I've learned is if a child doesn't feel secure or confident in something, they run from it.

It will come to you and God has an answer for this situation.

Cholette wrote:
I just feel like because your daughter is creative, her just sitting down and doing homework is going against her grain.

I will be praying for God's wisdom to come upon you so that you can come up with ways to make what she naturally enjoys become linked to what she doesn't enjoy. The one thing that I've learned is if a child doesn't feel secure or confident in something, they run from it.

It will come to you and God has an answer for this situation.
Thank you so much for your prayers and encouragement! That is so true about children not feeling secure or confident, not wanting to fail even more and running from it! She just learned how to ride a two wheeler bike, most of her friends knew in kindergarden...but she just said 'Im never going to ride my bike again if you dont put my training wheels back on!' lol! We put them back on and tried again last summer, same response...then this year I said 'NOPE, Im not putting them back on, but I will help you learn how to do it with two wheels! laugh Through many tears and melt downs we got there, and she is happy as can be to be a big girl!!! Ugh...who wouldv'e known being a mama was going to be such a challenge..nonetheless...I LOVE it! happy dance

Hehehe...I have news for you...whether they are 7 or 27, the challenge remains. It NEVER ends...it gets better, but it doesn't end...hehehe